You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garcia does dive but he wasnt as bad as that Nick. Dont let your affection for Quaresma cloud your judgement.

I rate the lad mate and think he has all the attributes to be a top winger but for all his fancy tricks and crossing with the outside of the foot he didnt really create fuck all.

At least he created more than Pennant, Babel and Gerrard did combined as they all contibuted fuck all, whilst Quaresma had our players on their heels all game...

He is a world class winger, the sort we should have bought this summer, as was proven today when comparing his and Babel´s contibution.. Even the 6-10 million pound higher asking price does not make up for the gulf in class...(hopefully babel will reach that level somewhere down the line)

He goes down easy which I know is fucking annoying, but so did both Gerrard and Kuyt on two occations today, and hopfully when we finally do buy him he´ll be told and understand that diving is not the way to do it in England...

At least he created more than Pennant, Babel and Gerrard did combined as they all contibuted fuck all, whilst Quaresma had our players on their heels all game...

He is a world class winger, the sort we should have bought this summer, as was proven today when comparing his and Babel´s contibution.. Even the 6-10 million pound higher asking price does not make up for the gulf in class...(hopefully babel will reach that level somewhere down the line)

He goes down easy which I know is fucking annoying, but so did both Gerrard and Kuyt on two occations today, and hopfully when we finally do buy him he´ll be told and understand that diving is not the way to do it in England...

my my what took you so long??? Why don't you really take off those blinkers and look at how much Mr Q actually created. Yes he keeps the ball well but he never created a single opportunity for his team mates. That gulf in class has created how many international caps for him?? Well overpriced at 20m quid.

my my what took you so long??? Why don't you really take off those blinkers and look at how much Mr Q actually created. Yes he keeps the ball well but he never created a single opportunity for his team mates. That gulf in class has created how many international caps for him?? Well overpriced at 20m quid.

But going by yesterday Gerrard would be a yard dog worth £2M. You can't judge on that game even though Carragher admitted today on .tv that Quaresma game them all sorts of problems. What we also overlook is that we always do well against top class wingers and to be fair to Mr Q he had 3 players on him whenever he got the ball, even Pennant chased him all game.

I thought he flattered to deceive all night, show nice skill to get himself into positions where he might do something, but he never did, he produced fuck all.

Totally agree, whilst the commentators were wanking over him they failed to notice all the tricks led to fuck all.

Technically and positionally he was better than our wingers, but created the same amount as them. His crossing was poor, and we defended it comfortably most of the time. And whats with all that crossing with the outside of his foot, its like he was auditioning for the showboat all night.

He played like gay Ronaldo without the end product.

Totally agree, whilst the commentators were wanking over him they failed to notice all the tricks led to fuck all.

Technically and positionally he was better than our wingers, but created the same amount as them. His crossing was poor, and we defended it comfortably most of the time. And whats with all that crossing with the outside of his foot, its like he was auditioning for the showboat all night.

He played like gay Ronaldo without the end product.

BUT he had far less space than our wingers, when he got the ball he had 3 on him. Our wingers had loads of space and created little.

BUT he had far less space than our wingers, when he got the ball he had 3 on him. Our wingers had loads of space and created little.

Isnt it his role to create space for himelf as well though?

And throughout the game he had a lot more of the ball in the last third than either our wingers had. In a game were Porto dominated posession, and had one more man than us for half an hour would you not expect your best player to find space and create something against a team clearly on the back foot?

Tyldsley wouldn't shut up about him last night. It was almost embarassing - "Who's that making the effort? It's good old Quaresma! Might get me corn rows like Quaresma! Who do I dream of when I bash off? Quaresma!"

Rash's secret life unveiled when TLW forumite discovers he is a commentator for ITV.

that was the first time i've seen him play and i was impressed with him, until about 70 minutes had gone when he bacme hugely shit. great close control and skill but clearly a talented actor as well. Caused us many problems and was unlucky not to score so i think he proved, to me atleast, that some of the hype is granted.

thing is though, it was the last 20 mins, when they had the extra man and no midfielder tracking back on his side, that he should have risen to it, not gone shit.

He beat his defenders plenty and either got a cross in or was fouled, and besides he kept 3 Liverpool defenders/midfielders busy covering him and thereby freeing up space for others.... Isn't that what everyones favourite pet on this forum, Mr "Crouch" does so well...?

Just a question, have you ever seen Finnan play so shitty for Liverpool since he came here? No, not against Ronaldo, Robben or any of those other wingers in the Premiership... Fact

And as far as international caps is concerned, we all know how shitty Carra is, that's why he has so few caps I guess...? Who the fuck cares about the number of international caps anyway, it's not like international games does anything to get in the way of Liverpool's objectives anyway...

Jesus Christ, give the guy a break, he is only 24 and have been competing to play for a national team full of wingers such as Figo, Rui Cost, Simao and Ronaldo..

As for actually performing for the national team here you see him right after he came on against Poland last week when he created a goal for Ronaldo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7a_LiJQeSs&mode=related&search=

If he is overpriced at 20£ million, which he might be, then Babel is way overpriced at 12£... So much for Rafa never paying over the odds...

We have needed a class winger for a long time and we are still desperately in need of one, hopefully Rafa will have seen enough to realise that Quaresma is the winger he craves.....

that was the first time i've seen him play and i was impressed with him, until about 70 minutes had gone when he bacme hugely shit. great close control and skill but clearly a talented actor as well. Caused us many problems and was unlucky not to score so i think he proved, to me atleast, that some of the hype is granted.

thing is though, it was the last 20 mins, when they had the extra man and no midfielder tracking back on his side, that he should have risen to it, not gone shit.

Could it be that one of the best defensive units in the world suddenly put 10 men behind the ball and was already having 3 men on him? He contributed to Pennant being sent off too cos he gave Finnan and Pennant a run around all night.

He isn't overpriced at £20M when Nani is £17M no way.

That is as stupid an argument as I've ever heard. Someone is not overpriced, just because you compare him to the price of someone else? Have it even crossed your mind that the person you're comparing him to might be overpriced as well, making them both overpriced. No I thought not.

If only Rui Costa was a winger!

As an attacking midfielder he used to drift right and left creating where you normally would need wingers.... Don't be difficult!

Also I forgot Nani on my previous list..

But really why do people care about the national teams, one should much rather look at what players do for their league teams, as that shows whether they produce week in and week out or not..

BTW Christiano Ronaldo had no international caps when Utd bought him....

Bought August 2003, and had his international debut for Portugal August 2003....

So much for needing many caps to be a good player.....

Are you being serious with that? Really? No, can't be.