Quantcast
Funny Pics that aren't worth starting a thread for - Page 464 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this

https://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/they-didnt-suit-you-are-these-the-best-wrong-answers-given-on-larry-gogans-just-a-minute-quiz-37690226.html

Today RTÉ announced 2FM stalwart, Larry Gogan will be leaving the station after 40 years and will now present on RTÉ's digital station, RTÉ Gold. And in homage to the legend of Irish broadcasting and his famous Just a Minute quiz, here are just some of the best answers that have been broadcast on his show down the years

Larry: Name something a blind man might use...

Contestant: A Sword 

Larry: Name the capital of France... Contestant: F  

Larry :Name a bird with a long neck... Contestant: Naomi Campbell

Larry:  Name an occupation where you might need a torch...

Contestant: A burglar

Larry: Name something that flies that doesn't have an engine... Contestant: A bicycle with wings

Larry: Where is the Taj Mahal? Contestant: Opposite the Dental Hospital

Larry: What was Hitlers first name? Contestant: Heil

Larry: Complete the saying "As happy as..

Contestant: Emmm.. Larry: Think of me... Contestant: A pig in sh*t

Larry: Can you name a  dangerous race? Contestant:The Arabs

Larry: The name of a famous bridge.... Contestant: The Bridge Over Troubled Waters

Larry: Something people might be allergic to?

Contestant: Skiing

Larry: What star do travellers follow? Joe Dolan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

They're from Family Fortunes!

Yeah, it’s a mix and match.  The “Taj Mahal” was definitely Larry Gogans show as it was an Indian restaurant in Dublin City centre across the road from the dental hospital. The Hitler one was Gogan too.  

I think most yhe rest are actually just made up but attributed to Family Fortunes for comedic affect. 

Larry Gogan was a famous Irish radio presenter who is retiring and had a quiz he did for decades. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, it’s a mix and match.  The “Taj Mahal” was definitely Larry Gogans show as it was an Indian restaurant in Dublin City centre across the road from the dental hospital. The Hitler one was Gogan too.  

I think most yhe rest are actually just made up but attributed to Family Fortunes for comedic affect. 

Larry Gogan was a famous Irish radio presenter who is retiring and had a quiz he did for decades. 

The Taj Mahal was pretty much the original curry house in Dublin, was it not? A kid in my class - circa '85 - had his birthday party there. I wasn't invited. Much to my disappointment, as the place seemed so exotic at the time.

Story of my life, really.

Edit: https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/foodwheres-the-taj-mahal-indian-restaurants-in-dublin-since-1908/