You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

where i live in dublin there was a pub i drank in as a teenager called the cabra house the auld fellas use to eat there dinner there wives brought down in the toilets . even thought there is a smoking ban they still smoke in it the cops wont go near it and there are sex sessions a plenty!! in the toilets as well

Mate, are you talking about the Oasis on Fauassagh Avenue?

This thread is very, very funny indeed.

Unsurprisingly, I'm not great in rough pubs.

I just give off a vibe that says "snooty, well-educated, well-dressed, vaguely smug, stupid haircut, thinks he's better than all of you. Possibly gay. Please attack me"

I went drinking with some of my younger brothers mates once in Waterloo. I think one place was the Lion & Unicorn, which I thought was fairly scary, but then we went to another place that was like a saloon in the Wild West. It had a stage which looked more suitable for fighting on than playing music.

On the way in I was told:

"Right Brenno, this place isn't as friendly as the last one. Keep your eyes on your fucking shoes, and don't talk to anyone who isn't with us."

Which really calmed my nerves.

Lots of low-grade chisel being snorted at tables in full view of everyone.

I was more demure and went outside with one lad (the toilets were NOT an option). He started racking up lines on the bonnet of a car, which I thought was interesting.

Me: "Do the police ever come around this place?"

"I'm in the police, lad"

Me: "Oh"

Guest ShoePiss

I just give off a vibe that says "snooty, well-educated, well-dressed, vaguely smug, stupid haircut, thinks he's better than all of you. Possibly gay. Please attack me"

I went drinking with some of my younger brothers mates once in Waterloo. I think one place was the Lion & Unicorn, which I thought was fairly scary, but then we went to another place that was like a saloon in the Wild West. It had a stage which looked more suitable for fighting on than playing music.

"Right Brenno, this place isn't as friendly as the last one. Keep your eyes on your fucking shoes, and don't talk to anyone who isn't with us."

I was more demure and went outside with one lad (the toilets were NOT an option). He started racking up lines on the bonnet of a car, which I thought was interesting.

"I'm in the police, lad"

Congratulations on making me cringe multiple times reading this. I'm embarrassed for you.

After a long and dusty drive through outback Queensland I pulled into the shitbox town of Normanton and headed for the nearest pub.It wasn't hard to find...there was a large group of people fighting in the street while the pub patrons cheered them on.After a quick reconnaisance my oddsider and I decided the saloon bar was the place to be as the public bar was entirely filled with very drunk aborigines,not a white face in sight and we were getting some nasty looks and comments.

While taking the first sip I noticed a rack of .303 Lee Enfield rifles behind the bar. I remarked to the barman that it looked like a decent collection,one of the rifles being an unusual .303 Jungle carbine.

"Yeah," says the barman,"...when they start playing up in the front bar we hand the rifles out to the boys in here." Deciding that this was not the time or place to be explaining the evils of racism to a redneck barman,I laughed somewhat nervously,thinking it was a racist joke.

Needless to say,it was no joke. We grabbed a few cans and headed well out of town to camp for the night.

"Anyone ever been in the Globe by Clayton Square? - dead small shitty pub thats always busy with pissheads on the Karaoke even at 11 am on a Sunday. My mate set fire to his pubes at the bar once and no one batted an eyelid."

Wrong place mate you are thinking of Coopers, which is an absolute shithole. The Globe is next door before The Midland, a cracking little boozer, no nutters in sight and a nice pint.

Sorry, just had to stick up for The Globe......a noble cause for my 1000th post.

When I was over for the United game this season I was staying in a B&B in Speke. It was late on the Friday night and we decided to go to the nearest pub which was called The Fox. It looked rough and atk told us the day after that he wouldn't go there.

Thats more of an old mans pub these days, and the cunts have barred me.

The roughest place I've been in was just round the corner from the MEN arena. We were stood at the bar and a lad about 3 yards behind me got glassed in the face because he mentioned that he was from Wigan. Blood everywhere, people piling in, and the barmaid come out swinging a pool cue. I stopped talking and left pretty quickly after that because I had 'You'll never walk alone' as my ringtone. Dread to think what they would have done to me.

I lived in Runcorn for years, so I agree with some of the pubs mentioned there. The roughest in Runcorn for me is The Royal in the old town on friday and saturday nights. Loads of scrapping at closing time.

Also, one lad round by our sponsored Jaffa when we told him that he'd get bummed if he didn't sposor him, when we told him that Jaffa had his address on the sponsorship form he shit himself and told us he was moving to Leeds because Jaffa would break into his house in the middle of the night and rape him.

He looks like Louis Saha did the other week when he dyed his hair ginger.

This pub has a torture den like the film SAW!

Waterloo ‘Torture’ club faces licencing review

Jun 25 2009

by John Siddle, Crosby Herald

THE future of a Waterloo nightspot where a 20-year old man was battered in a sadistic attack is hanging in the balance.

Sefton Council will decide whether to revoke Bar South’s premises licence after agreeing the club was “associated with serious crime and disorder”.

On Monday, June 1, the victim was found near the bar with minor facial injuries and doused in paraffin.

Further inquiries led police to a disturbing scene inside the South Road bar, including possible evidence of torture.

Nobody was inside Bar South, but when officers forced their way in, they were greeted by a blood-splattered ground floor and kitchen.

Crosby businessman Terry Riley’s Ascot property group owns the South Road premises where Lee Sheridan holds the licence to operate the bar.

The bar has been shut since the incident and could be closed permanently unless “very serious concerns” can be rectified.

In a report to be put before Sefton councillors at a full review of the bar’s licence next Wednesday (July 1), Chief Superintendent Ian Pilling said: “On entering the property, officers found a pool of blood, blood-soaked towels, a blood-stained knife, a bottle of Parazone bleach and a cooker lighter.

“Blood markings and speckles were apparent on the wall areas of the kitchen and indicated a suspected struggle had occurred.”

Police fear that the bar’s CCTV was tampered with to conceal evidence of what took place.

Sefton Council’s licensing sub-committee will decide what action to take but have been urged by police to suspend the license until all matters are rectified.

The options available to the council are to modify the conditions of the premises licence, ban the sale of alcohol, suspend the licence for up to three months or the revoke it altogether.

Waterloo ‘Torture’ club faces licencing review - Crosby Herald

Gus, this sounds like such a lovely place!!!

A PUB ruled over by armed criminals who keep staff in a state of fear is “a clear and present danger” to the public, police said.

The Weighing Machine, on Wavertree Road, Edge Hill, remains closed more than a month after four teenage boys and a man were stabbed there during a vicious gang attack on December 3.

But that is only the latest violent incident to hit the stricken public house.

During a council review to see if the pub should be reopened Merseyside Police Licensing Officer Stuart Moore read out a list of shocking events including:

An angry woman armed with a .38 Smith and Wesson revolver and dum dum bullets who ran at the landlady with a glass.

A near riot which saw police bombarded with coins and a pint glass by drunken locals who refused to disperse.

An innocent drinker hit over the back of the head with a bar stool.

Drug dealers using the toilets to sell cocaine.

Gangs of men fighting and then refusing to give statements to police.

He told the meeting: “It has been and still is a badly managed premises.

“I have no doubt that the management are trying their best within a difficult environment but I say the problems at The Weighing Machine are bigger than the people that seek to control it.

“A significant section of the customers are known to be involved in criminal activity in the immediate area.

“It’s an environment where staff are afraid to confront them and if they do are attacked themselves.

“There is clear and present danger to staff and customers because of the use of guns and other weapons.”

Referring to the woman arrested at gunpoint while wielding a pistol outside The Weighing Machine on October 13 2009, he added: “She had a Smith and Wesson .38 Detective Special, a double action revolver made in the US for police officers.

“It was in full working order and fully loaded with flat nose ammunition made especially for it, not readily available to the public and designed to cause maximum internal trauma and instantaneous death at close range.

“I can’t imagine the carnage if she started firing the weapon. This shows the type of people who frequent The Weighing Machine and their willingness to use weapons.”

He went on to describe the December 3 incident in which underage drinkers were set upon by a gang of men wielding hammers and foot long knives.

Describing CCTV footage, which was not shown to the licensing committee, he said: What took place there is one of the most sickening and unprovoked attacks I have ever seen.”

Andrew Cochrane, a solicitor for the pub’s brewery Marstons PLC, objected as he had not seen the CCTV.

The meeting was adjourned until Monday.

Read More Wavertree pub ‘ruled by criminals’ is a danger to staff, police say - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

Read More Wavertree pub ‘ruled by criminals’ is a danger to staff, police say - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

Gus, this sounds like such a lovely place!!!

A PUB ruled over by armed criminals who keep staff in a state of fear is “a clear and present danger” to the public, police said.

The Weighing Machine, on Wavertree Road, Edge Hill, remains closed more than a month after four teenage boys and a man were stabbed there during a vicious gang attack on December 3.

But that is only the latest violent incident to hit the stricken public house.

During a council review to see if the pub should be reopened Merseyside Police Licensing Officer Stuart Moore read out a list of shocking events including:

An angry woman armed with a .38 Smith and Wesson revolver and dum dum bullets who ran at the landlady with a glass.

A near riot which saw police bombarded with coins and a pint glass by drunken locals who refused to disperse.

An innocent drinker hit over the back of the head with a bar stool.

Drug dealers using the toilets to sell cocaine.

Gangs of men fighting and then refusing to give statements to police.

He told the meeting: “It has been and still is a badly managed premises.

“I have no doubt that the management are trying their best within a difficult environment but I say the problems at The Weighing Machine are bigger than the people that seek to control it.

“A significant section of the customers are known to be involved in criminal activity in the immediate area.

“It’s an environment where staff are afraid to confront them and if they do are attacked themselves.

“There is clear and present danger to staff and customers because of the use of guns and other weapons.”

Referring to the woman arrested at gunpoint while wielding a pistol outside The Weighing Machine on October 13 2009, he added: “She had a Smith and Wesson .38 Detective Special, a double action revolver made in the US for police officers.

“It was in full working order and fully loaded with flat nose ammunition made especially for it, not readily available to the public and designed to cause maximum internal trauma and instantaneous death at close range.

“I can’t imagine the carnage if she started firing the weapon. This shows the type of people who frequent The Weighing Machine and their willingness to use weapons.”

He went on to describe the December 3 incident in which underage drinkers were set upon by a gang of men wielding hammers and foot long knives.

Describing CCTV footage, which was not shown to the licensing committee, he said: What took place there is one of the most sickening and unprovoked attacks I have ever seen.”

Andrew Cochrane, a solicitor for the pub’s brewery Marstons PLC, objected as he had not seen the CCTV.

The meeting was adjourned until Monday.

"I'm in the police, lad"

The Lion and Unicorn isn't that rough but my mate got filled in by a gang of 11-12 year olds there in about 2004.

He was walking up past Waterloo train station and a gang of kids on bikes shouted "haha look at him with the blonde hair, he looks like a right gay twat", my mate confronted them and basically tried to pass himself off as some sort of hard case, they shut up and left him alone.

He walked futher up to the Lion and Unicorn pub but then they all started charging towards him do my mate thought he'd leg it into the pub to get way from this angry mob of 11 year olds on BMX's - he got to the pub doorway when one tripped him up and they all dived on him punching and kicking him and ripped his shirt, then one came from the back and slammed a BMX onto his head which cut the top of his eyebrow open slightly. He managed to get away and into the pub after punching one or two of them in the face.

When he got to the bar some of his mates and the regulars looked at his cut head and ripped shirt and were worried - he said "I've just been battered by a gang of about ten lads". The others in the pub rolled up their sleeves and slammed their pints down and said "right we'll all go out and do the cunts, there's enough of us to take them". My mate said rather sheepishly "no, er, you can't do that" - the others asked why and he said "Cos erm, they were only 12" - cue the entire pub roaring with laughter.

Not so much a rough pub but a weird bar, went to a bar in Leeds on Call Lane called Oporto, i went to watch the Mancs play Villareal there on the Tuesday on my own cos i was bored sitting in the hotel, the next night me and my work colleague went out to watch Liverpool Vs Marseille there. When I got there all teh TV's were off and the big screen was not there, I asked the barman if they were showing the Liverpool game and he said that they never show footy in the bar. I said that I was in the bar last night to watch the Manc game and he was adamant that there had been no footy on in this bar for a year.

After arguing with him for about 5 minutes we left and went to another pub in Leeds city centre. It was like the scene in Moonraker where Bond goes into the building with the head of MI6 and the defence secretary expecting to see a lab creating toxic nerve gas but Drax is sitting off having cucumber sandwiches, either that or the Shining.

No roughest pub but one of the oddest things that happened to me was when I was in Lloyds Bar in Grimsby. It a done up trendy place and I was sitting on my own reading a book ignoring the world just enjoying the music and my book.

This girl comes up to me, picks up my book and throws it across the room, tells me to Fuck off, this aint a fucking library. Then she smackes me across the face and screams for the bouncers to throw me out. They come over and she tells them I grabbed her tits, and they ask me to leave.

I never even got my book back...

Grimsby for you...

Few days later in Flares in Cleethorps and this pregnant girl asks me to buy her an drink, and did I want to shag her...

Now I am a fat 40 something middle aged fart. I just want to be left alone with my book and a pint, just like I do back home.

Rough - Turleys in Birkenhead - pile of rubble now. Seen plenty of trouble in there. Beer was better than the Carlton over the road.

Looks like we got ourselves a reader!