You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is top of the UEFA Co effs for 06/07 ?

redrosetints

Where are Everton?

Its only based on this years games. Unfortunatley, Lilliput dont have entrants into UEFA competitions.

If you look at the menus along the top of the page, you'll see an overall coeff rating I think.

And Captain, ditto, its only this year mate, so unfortunaltey the Mancs will be top seeds again next tyear.

They get extra points for each big-name purchase.

I get it now. 12 points (even that, I scoff at), + the fee they paid for Owen in the close season. No wonder they outbid the asking price by so much. Not as dumb as they look, these Geordies....

Sorry mate, but that is bullshit. No way that table is accurate.

04/05, the year we became European Champions, we get a score of 30. That same year, Newcastle get 27.

No way!!

The scores are worked out from a teams results. Roughly 2 pts for a win, 1 for a draw etc IIRC. Newcastles score is high because they have played A LOT of intertoto & UEFA cup games the last few years. so they've racked up a good score.

Of course, their co-efficient ranking is only applicable in whatever competition they qualify for, so they're hardly going to worry the Champions League rankings are they!!!!

The scores are worked out from a teams results. Roughly 2 pts for a win, 1 for a draw etc IIRC. Newcastles score is high because they have played A LOT of intertoto & UEFA cup games the last few years. so they've racked up a good score.

Of course, their co-efficient ranking is only applicable in whatever competition they qualify for, so they're hardly going to worry the Champions League rankings are they!!!!

I don't think that's true; I remember reading (but can't recall where) that the rankings are applicable to both the UEFA Cup and Champions League, irrespective of where the points were acrued.

If you check out the 2005 rankings here you will see that our UEFA cup win from 2001 is included in the rankings (which has now fallen outside of the 5-year rolling window).

I don't think that's true; I remember reading (but can't recall where) that the rankings are applicable to both the UEFA Cup and Champions League, irrespective of where the points were acrued.

I don't think he's questioning that, rather pointing out that it's irrelevant because Newcastle will never, ever qualify for the Champions League.

Good God. Surely wins in the Champions League are given greater weighting than wins in the Intertoto. Plus, winning matches in the latter stages (when you come up against the better teams) must also count more than wins in the early qualifying stages.

Err, and winning the final out to count for a point or two.

These can't be the official UEFA rankings. I'm sure (without bothering to check) that their rankings must be something more complex than 2 points for a win, any win.

I don't think he's questioning that, rather pointing out that it's irrelevant because Newcastle will never, ever qualify for the Champions League.

Thats exactly what I meant!

You're right though, there is no "weighting" for results gained in the CL only bonus points for getting through certain rounds. Fair enough I suppose, as our UEFA cup scores were included in our ranking.

Great wee site that Bert Kassies one though. Well done for someone to actually put UEFAs system out in the open.

this is the one that determines seedings for next year

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html

i have no idea how the geordies get above manu and chelsea, that just bizarre.[/QUOTE]

Simple mate, the geordies have played one more game than us the chavs and man ure, and they won i that game. after the next round of games that'll change, we'll go back above them, hopefully, when we play Barca.

this is the one that determines seedings for next year

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html

i have no idea how the geordies get above manu and chelsea, that just bizarre.[/QUOTE]

Simple mate, the geordies have played one more game than us the chavs and man ure, and they won i that game. after the next round of games that'll change, we'll go back above them, hopefully, when we play Barca.

but there is more to it than that. we won the uefa cup in 2001 and got 22 points, the geordies get to the qurter finals one year and rack up 27 points. its a fucked up system

2 points for a win and 1 for a draw in UEFA Cup and Champions League

1 point for a win and half a point for a draw in InterToto and Champions League Qualifiers

3 bonus points for teams who qualify for the champions league group stage

Plus clubs earn bonus points for the their country which are then shared between them. So it helps us if other English clubs win games.

It's quite a fair system when you look at how it's worked out on the whole. Seems a bit flawed at first but when you look into it it makes more sense. Newcastle have also been in the champions league in the last 5 years which has helped keep their average high.