You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Am I mad?

Dirk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mate, if you're mad I must be absolutely fucking insane because I slapped a tenner on us at 66/1 with Skybet earlier this week.

The logic is simple; £10 is fuck-all in the grand scheme of things and if we don't win the league, I won't be any more pissed off because I've lost a tenner as well. If we do pull it out of the hat though, I'll be able to celebrate in some style.

I'm currently employed on a 2 year fixed-term contract which is due to end on 31 March 2007. It might get extended and regardless of that, I may well have found something else before then anyway, but a worst-case scenario would find me wanting to celebrate number 19 after being out of work for two months and having fuck-all money.

Gambling - contingency planning for the terminally deluded...

To many people with more money than sense on this thread.

Yep. I had exactly £10 more. The books are now balanced.

You can spend 99% of your time focused on the fact that we won't do it, but the day you stop spending that 1% thinking about what it would be like if we did, is the day you know that you're dead.

I'm thinking of putting £20 on us to win the league at 100/1. The chances are very slim but I reckon we could put a run together and whilst I don't think we'll win it, I reckon the gap will be closer than it is now and at those odds I reckon it's worth a punt. Am I mad?

Well if you've got 20 quid to spare, i say damn it, throw it on. You could go out and spend it on booze and wake up with a hangover tomorrow, cursing the booze, and unless you have an exceptional night forget about it by monday, OR, you could throw it on the Reds and have (hopefully) at least 6 months of hope. You knows it makes sense.

I'm thinking of putting £20 on us to win the league at 100/1. The chances are very slim but I reckon we could put a run together and whilst I don't think we'll win it, I reckon the gap will be closer than it is now and at those odds I reckon it's worth a punt. Am I mad?

We more than any supporters should know that the impossible does happen. Lampard breaks a leg. Drogba breaks a neck. Rooney catches aids. Henry's tomtom in his clio fails.

At 100-1 I most certainly will be having a tenner at least.

Dirk, it's Children in Need night. Give it to them.

Or I'll fight you for it.

Gambling - contingency planning for the terminally deluded....

You can spend 99% of your time focused on the fact that we won't do it, but the day you stop spending that 1% thinking about what it would be like if we did, is the day you know that you're dead.

2 excellent quotes, we could do with your 'type' on the G/RF

Or Hermes.

Guest attacking_play

You answered your own question: "Im thinking of putting £20 on us to win the league.....whilst I don't think we'll win it..."

mad. waste of money

what odds now? it's definetly a mad bet now.

Well, we've moved to 100/1 with Skybet - I imagine local bookies may have lengthened us still further. Don't think I'll be risking any further investment though.

Newcastle 11/2 to go down. Pissed myself.

Certifiable. The little grey bus is on its way :sick: