You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

I think you are obfuscating here, as usual.

Bottom line is that the PLO was not driven by religious ideology and came to a point in 1993 where it was open for a political solution that involved major concessions. The Zionists were cornered by that and supported Hamas to kill the political option and have an alibi to continue the ethnic cleansing.

https://x.com/caitoz/status/1737292168942023082?s=46&t=rTM5huSAdkyumn9JrNS_MQ

When Israeli president Isaac Herzog described the assault on Gaza as a war “to save Western civilization, to save the values of Western civilization,” he wasn’t really lying. He was telling the truth — just maybe not quite in the way that he meant it.

The demolition of Gaza is indeed being perpetrated in defense of western values, and is itself a perfect embodiment of western values. Not the western values they teach you about in school, but the hidden ones they don’t want you to look at. Not the attractive packaging with the advertising slogans on the label, but the product that’s actually inside the box.

For centuries western civilization has depended heavily on war, genocide, theft, colonialism and imperialism, which it has justified using narratives premised on religion, racism and ethnic supremacy — all of which we are seeing play out in the incineration of Gaza today. 

What we are seeing in Gaza is a much better representation of what western civilization is really about than all the gibberish about freedom and democracy we learned about in school. A much better representation of western civilization than all the art and literature we’ve been proudly congratulating ourselves on over the centuries. A much better representation of western civilization than the love and compassion we like to pretend our Judeo-Christian values revolve around.

It’s been so surreal watching western rightists babbling about how savage and barbaric Muslim culture is amid the 2023 zombie resurrection of Bush-era Islamophobia, even while western civilization amasses a mountain of ten thousand child corpses.

That mountain of child corpses is a much better representation of western culture than anything Mozart, da Vinci or Shakespeare ever produced.

This is western civilization. This is what it looks like. 

Western civilization, where Julian Assange awaits his final appeal in February against US extradition for journalism which exposed US war crimes.

Where we are fed a nonstop deluge of mass media propaganda to manufacture our consent for wars and aggression which have killed millions and displaced tens of millions in the 21st century alone.

Where we are kept distracted by vapid entertainment and artificial culture wars so we don’t think too hard about what this civilization is and who it is killing and maiming and starving and exploiting.

Where news cycles are dominated more by celebrity gossip and Donald Trump’s latest mouth farts than by the mass atrocities that are being actively facilitated by western governments.

Where liberals congratulate themselves for having progressive views on race and gender while the officials they elect help rip apart children’s bodies with military explosives.

Where Zionist Jews center themselves and their emotions because opposition to an active genocide makes them feel like they are being persecuted, and where Israel supporters who are not Jewish still kind of feel like they are being persecuted also.

Where a giant globe-spanning empire powered by militarism, imperialism, capitalism and authoritarianism devours human flesh with an insatiable appetite while we congratulate ourselves on how much better we are than nations like Iran or China.

These are western values. This is western civilization.

Ask somebody to tell you what their values are and they’ll give you a bunch of pleasant-sounding words about family and love and caring or whatever. Watch their actions to see what their actual values are and you’ll often get a very different story.

That’s us. That’s western civilization. We say we value freedom, justice, truth, peace and free expression, but our actions paint a very different picture. The real western values, the actual product inside the box underneath the attractive label, are the ones you see acted out in Gaza today.

7 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I want two front teeth for Christmas, failing that I'd happily see the whole Israeli government on trial for war crimes. But it's not about what I want, it's about what might bring about a solution to the problem of people being bombed out of their homes, right now. That's the hard reality, and if them being saved means an end to Hamas and the hostages being freed, I'd take that in a fucking heart beat. I certainly wouldn't consider it meaningless.

I swear, I get the feeling  that some who claim to care about the innocents above all else are actually more concerned that Israel don't get a win here. A price too far for them.

What brings about an end to innocent people being slaughtered is for Israel to stop dropping bombs on them ("bombed out of their homes" Is that all that's happening?).

As to "meaningless" I was of course referring to it meaning any change in the position of the government, or Starmer for that matter. Just more meaningless verbiage.

14 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

That secular organization is called the PLO. It has been there since the 1960s, long before Hamas ever existed. It has evolved to the current Palestinian National Authority that nobody takes seriously (in the West Bank).

Nothing hasn’t been tried by the Palestinians already. The only solution is equal rights, but that requires that Zionism abolishes its racist/supremacist nature.

6 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Given that you believe a secular, more moderate, and more effective representative of Palestine (the PLO) existed before Hamas, that Israel also recognised this and created this Frankenstein's monster called Hamas with the intention of destroying the PLO, I'm not sure why you would dismiss the idea that another moderate and effective alternative to Hamas could ever come to the fore again in Palestine.

Do you think that Israel would just create another Hamas after they've done with this one?

7 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Given that you believe a secular, more moderate, and more effective representative of Palestine (the PLO) existed before Hamas, that Israel also recognised this and created this Frankenstein's monster called Hamas with the intention of destroying the PLO, I'm not sure why you would dismiss the idea that another moderate and effective alternative to Hamas could ever come to the fore again in Palestine.

Do you think that Israel would just create another Hamas after they've done with this one?

Yes until they have achieved their ultimate goal of removing Palestinians from Palestinian land and calling it Israel, they will stop at nothing to have an excuse to murder innocent people. 

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Given that you believe a secular, more moderate, and more effective representative of Palestine (the PLO) existed before Hamas, that Israel also recognised this and created this this Frankenstein's monster called Hamas with the intention of destroying the PLO, I'm not sure why you would dismiss the idea that another moderate and effective alternative to Hamas could ever come to the fore again in Palestine.

The Palestinian moderates are still there. They never disappeared. It is the Israeli moderates who seem to be disappearing.

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The one plus side in all this is we've now got a better chance of not finishing bottom in next year's Eurovision song contest 

Aw fuck. Wish I didn't joke now. Here we fucking go.

Just hope he's not planning to sing an updated version of the old Desmond Decker reggae hit 'Israelites' not sure the Daily Mail mob would be happy.

Strontium Dog accused me of being an anti-semite for negging him on the Holocaust thread. Apparently I negged him because he's a Jew. 

It shows that any criticism of this zionist movement is instantly labelled as anti-semitic. I don't care what your religion is, what your colour is, where you're from, what your sexual preference is or if you want to identify as a carrot. My problem is when someone is a prick. And the IDF are acting like pricks. As have Hamas agreed, but this slaughter is going on and the west are pretty much silent about it. If it was the other way around imagine the reaction. 

The world is fucked and it's not that hard to figure out why. 

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell.

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Israeli Nazis.

Both horrific. The gall of Western leaders to suggest how others should act when faced with ethnic cleansing and genocide on an almost daily basis is a sight to behold. The Israeli government and the IDF are just as much terrorists as the armed wing of Hamas. 

On Saturday the 27 January 2024, all of the same people who have parroted the line that Israel has a right to defend itself when confronted with video and images of IDF inhumanity to civilians and general genocidal actions, will parrot the line 'Never Again' - two-faced bastards to a man/woman/non-binary.

• Upvote 1

I watched the first episode of The Fifty Years War: Israel and the Arabs on iPlayer last night. It’s an older documentary, made in the late 1990s. 

This episode focused on the formation of the state of Israel. In one bit, some Arabs crossed over from Jordan into Israel and murdered a woman and a couple of children in a kibbutz. The Arabs left tracks to the village they’d come from, which the precursor to the IDF followed, along with people from the paramilitary/terrorist groups like the Irgun and Stern Gang. Instead of looking to capture those responsible for the attacks, they went door to door in the village and either shot indiscriminately into the houses or chucked hand grenades into them, killing many innocent civilians in the process. 

Not much has changed in terms of their bloodlust and carrying out of collective punishment, it’s just been scaled up. 

And that David Ben Gurion was a bad cunt too.