You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Biggest concern I have is that he'll carry on this dogshit inverted RB stuff.

It manages to remove all width on the right, nullifies whoever is playing as the right forward as they can be doubled up on, creates huge holes in our defence on that flank, and congests the middle of the pitch leaving about four of our players knocking it around between themselves 50 yards from goal. 

I'm not a fan. 

• Upvote 1

I’m looking forward to next season already now. 

I’m quite intrigued to see if Slot will go with his usual tactics which appear to involve a “number 10” advanced midfielder. 

Can we expect to see a new player coming in in that position? Or will we see a current player utilised in that role - Gakpo, Elliott, a returning Carvalho? 

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I’m quite intrigued to see if Slot will go with his usual tactics which appear to involve a “number 10” advanced midfielder. 

Can we expect to see a new player coming in in that position? Or will we see a current player utilised in that role - Gakpo, Elliott, a returning Carvalho? 

Think we have more than enough players who can play that role, Szoboszlai in particular.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Jesus Christ, don't say that

1 hour ago, bizzle10 said:

pleaae dont that will finish me off

From the tactics things i have read he does play with a inverted fullback

Geertruida often plays like it on the right, the only difference is he is willing to also stay wide and get back and defend

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Think we have more than enough players who can play that role, Szoboszlai in particular.

I’m not sure I see Szoboszlai as a number 10. Not like a Maddison, Odergaard, De Bruyne, old school Coutinho type. 

He doesn’t seem to have the top level creativity to play that role. 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

From the tactics things i have read he does play with a inverted fullback

Geertruida often plays like it on the right, the only difference is he is willing to also stay wide and get back and defend

Can also do a job as CB or DM. We don't need him though. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I’m not sure I see Szoboszlai as a number 10. Not like a Maddison, Odergaard, De Bruyne, old school Coutinho type. 

He does play as one of two 10s for Hungary but i could see him playing on the right hand side of the 3 if Salah goes. 

If that happens a new goalscorer is really needed as Diaz,Szoboszlai and Elliot/Carvalho etc as 3 of a front 4 will not score enough goals

Tonight has obliterated a lot of my hope for this fella, regardless of his potential.

Tiredness, fatigue, bad refereeing, yeah yeah yeah, but if that’s the best they can do to keep a title challenge’s pulse alive (in a derby!) and to show some appreciation for Klopp, we’re utterly screwed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Can also do a job as CB or DM. We don't need him though. 

Yeah wasn't a shout for him as a signing. I have never watched him barring the odd highlights. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Tonight has obliterated a lot of my hope for this fella, regardless of his potential.

Tiredness, fatigue, bad refereeing, yeah yeah yeah, but if that’s the best they can do to keep a title challenge’s pulse alive (in a derby!) and to show some appreciation for Klopp, we’re utterly screwed.

Alternatively (and hopefully) the change in ideas and training methods, and style of play will reinvigorate a team that has been doing the basics of the same thing for the best part of a decade.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Alternatively (and hopefully) the change in ideas and training methods, and style of play will reinvigorate a team that has been doing the basics of the same thing for the best part of a decade.

Hopefully. A lot will depend on the willingness of the players to buy into it.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

That’s what I’m hoping for but I have a funny feeling most of these players will still be hung up about their mate walking  away 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Hopefully. A lot will depend on the willingness of the players to buy into it.

At the very least his use of rondo's is different and given that, outside of matches, it's pretty much all you see us do* mixing them up a bit will feel like a breath of fresh air.

*Obviously it's not all we do.

Obviously there are differences and it will be coming from a new voice but Slot style seems to be similar in many ways and im not sure how many of these players are hungry enough for the dirty work that comes with that, or in the case of a few fast or fit enough to do it

hopefully this is more mental fatigue with Klopp going and battling through the first few months and the adrenaline has just run out and they are fucked

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

If we didn't think he was that sort of player then we just bought him for a lot of money to be a midfield donkey and that would be bizarre.

8 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Depends what kind of number 10 you want but he is a number 10 and had predominantly played as a 10 or from the right most of his career at Red Bull.

12 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Salah. Great passer, great vision. 

11 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

But if you listen to the people who've been reporting on this, we like him pretty much because he's klopp light. I think there's every chance we won't see a great change. 

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But if you listen to the people who've been reporting on this, we like him pretty much because he's klopp light. I think there's every chance we won't see a great change. 

It's all baseline stuff though, good communicator, liked by players and fans, positional familiarity.

The difference is in how the message is delivered, training methods, changes in pre and post match day build up, the changes to the system in and out of possession etc etc.