You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

17 minutes ago, Moo said:

That too no doubt, but ultimately nearly every manager needs time. However they're now known as a sacking club with a bunch of cry arses as a fan base who will turn on the owners when they don't get their own way, who will in turn respond by sacking the manager to appease the supporters for a little while. It's a vicious cycle that they're really struggling to get out of at the moment. Patience is essential.

They’re undoubtedly a bunch of entitled cunts, but I’m not sure any of the managers they’ve appointed since Ferguson left would have gone on and achieved anything if they’d been given more time. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

They’re undoubtedly a bunch of entitled cunts, but I’m not sure any of the managers they’ve appointed since Ferguson left would have gone on and achieved anything if they’d been given more time. 

If they got the structure above them right a couple might have.

There’s definitely no outstanding candidate outside of Alonso, but for us it looks like for us he’s the best fit available. We don’t have to rip up the whole club and youth teams training and tactics, or rebuild the squad, plus he’s taken some shit sounding players at feyenoord and made them much much better. 
Dutch connection with the current squad, seems like a good guy from reports/interviews.

I wasn’t excited about Amorim trying to implement a whole new system and I would have been utterly depressed with de zerbi. A German and Dutch assistant to a Dutchman is also a lot less of a cultural/personality shift than to an Italian/portugese.

Totally in and let’s just get it done.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Isn't Klopp basically a baldy as well?

If he'd have fought for more transfer funds as hard as he did for his hair, wed have had a few more leagues and european cups to go and visit now.

• Upvote 1

I'm OK with this appointment if it's him we turn too , let's face it the list of outstanding candidates is very very thin and it looks like he has the look of a continuity appointment about him .

The squad needs a bit of tinkering like it does every summer and he looks to me well capable of doing that as he apparently has at Feyenoord when he lost his best players .

The state of the club now as compared to what it was when Jurgen first came in is completely different so he won't have that challenge to overcome. 

All in all it could well prove to be an astute appointment only time will tell obviously,  but the structure of the club at present is one were a competent manager should thrive .

It's as good as done no way would they lose out on their man. By all accounts he jumped at the job and backs himself. 

Let's hope the club give him the support he needs and he isn't thrown into any shite Being Liverpool documentary footage or any Salah/Trent transfer brouhaha. 

35 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If he'd have fought for more transfer funds as hard as he did for his hair, wed have had a few more leagues and european cups to go and visit now.

I bet he looks at it in the mirror every day and gives it three quick fist pumps.