You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

What exactly do the dozens of coaches etc on the bench actually do? Theres tonnes of them, all I’m sure earning a fortune.

Can they not come up with an idea or give some pointers on defending and attacking?

If we’re safe for CL qualification I’d fuck the big names off for the last games and give the kids more time, they absolutely deserve it and should have kept their places on merit. We’ve been crap since the big names came back in.

Some serious clowns in this team at the moment. 

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

We’ve got the personnel to do anything.  It’s the reason we are so close to the top of the league.  We’ve won all these games this season from individual quality.  The tactics have been deplorable week in week out for the whole year.

I’ve just watched Klopps post match interview and it’s just complete delusion.  He’s just going on about how many chances we’ve created in the last so many games.  I just don’t understand what he’s watching.  The last half an hour of the game summed up the season.  We never look like scoring because we don’t create chances from the system he plays.  It’s absolutely fucking garbage.  The reason we are here is that game after game he’s just refused to address it and hoped the players quality would get us through but Trent reappearing kyboshed that in this one with his shithouse defending and walking football.  Everyone is slagging off the players but they all ran around and did the same shit Klopps asked all season.

Thats an interestingly positive view. Will be an easy job for Slot, then. 

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I hate this iteration of our team with an absolute passion. At least last year we had the excuse of past it players coming off the back of an enormous push for four trophies.

This lot? These are the absolute dogs. A few special mentions if i may:

Darwin Nunez or Darwin 'fucking' Nunez as we all like to call him. An absolute waste of a space forward who has probably cost us a few trophies this season. He's just not fucking good enough. Better strikers have been bombed out of Liverpool for less.

Szoboslai, an utter coward of a player. Seems to posses some great traits but like Keita before him, just doesn't fancy it and has no fire in his belly. An utter waste of 60 million.

Trent. A lot of our current day issues are to do with the constant pandering to him in the team by management. He's a sublime passer but his insistence of playing a different role has fucked the system and that's on Klopp.

Konate - always said he was a donkey, like Traoare on peds. He hasn't got the brains for central defence. he cant pass and he cant score at set pieces and he's always injured. Should be sold asap.

Jota - broken

Endo - not his fault but no more than a squad player at best. A fine example of Liverpool buying on the cheap.

Gravenberch - What is he? Who is he? 

I could mention Salah and VVD but that would be unfair as both are coming to the end of their careers and have given us a lot.

Attitude: Never, ever in my lifetime supporting Liverpool have i seen a team with such a casual approach to playing football matches. Say what you like about Man City, but there's a professionalism we lack in spades. We've been beaten and held by some of the WORST teams I've ever seen in this league, Luton, Everton, Manchester United, Palace, Atalanta. Utter pits of teams who have hardly been able to win matches and stop conceding. We've made to look like front runners. Utterly pathetic.

Our tactics - utter shit. Inflexible garbage. Same formation week in week out, same inverted system that fucks with everybody's head. Same game that relies on players running themselves into the ground till they break. A system that gives up a million clear cut chances a game to some of even the shittest sides around. No brains, no intelligence, just a 4-3-3 that's as old as time.

Our transfers - Lorded all over the land, our transfers have been cheap, poorly planned and pathetic. The last time we bought well was about three years ago if that. Every summer its about bargains and "just doing enough". You cant act like that and win the big trophies, its just not possible. Our summer business the last two season has been about a 2/10. Grim.

Our Owners - Money men with no love for the game. Yeah they've done ok with finances and assets as you would expect but they lack the passion you need to win things, like the Club did of old. They've relied on a guy to glue this club together whose aged about 20 years in 10 and now they have no safety net. prepare for rough waters.

Some might say we are lucky to be challenging but forget that. We were here and we had it in our hands and whats worse was that we pissed it away against some of the utter dross of the league, its unforgiveable. Id even say the Cup was won by the kids and not the seniors as they were mostly awful in the final. the only time i got excited was seing a blend of kids and seniors start to make headway but even that was tossed out for our inflexible setup.

If i was Jurgen i'd just go now. He's been great and I dont want to see him toil in his final days as he doesnt deserve it, he's given his all over the years whilst most at the club have done fuck all.

Mostly correct Beefy. Mostly.

The final few games we have to go with Quansah, Konate is all over the place and with only a handful of games left I dont see the point in rotation for its own sake. If we get Bradley back theres him and Gomez for RB. At least lets give ourselves a bit of a chance by shoring up the defence.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Quansah is really good, I basically willed him to be good (some may say I invented him) but after the United debacle, you have to protect him a little bit.

Shame you couldn't have done the same for El Ghazi, or Jackson or any of the other 2 minute wonders you come up with from the 65 leagues you claim to watch.

4 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Shame you couldn't have done the same for El Ghazi, or Jackson or any of the other 2 minute wonders you come up with from the 65 leagues you claim to watch.

You're a pigeon who got banned and reappeared with a new account. I'm not gonna dignify this with a serious response.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're a pigeon who got banned and reappeared with a new account. I'm not gonna dignify this with a serious response.

Zero idea what you are talking about. My only advice to you would be, as I'm guessing you're early 20's, is if you watch that many players and that many leagues, get yourself a girlfriend.

The most alarming thing I have noticed from our last few matches is our players inability to play a simple pass. So many of our simple passes have been too far in front, or more commonly, too far behind the receiving player which interupts a natural stride pattern and has the effect of slowing things down thus allowing the opposition time to regroup. This happens all over the pitch and is not confined to the final third. 

Crisp, sharp well directed passes are a fundemental requirement for a proffesional footballer so why do we have so many players that are unable to do it?

It will not solve all our problems but seems to me to be the easiest one to address. So why are we not doing it?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

What annoys me after the match is the " this wasn't good enough we'll improve next time" The players have said this so many times over the last 6 weeks or so, before going out playing exactly the same.

They’ve either been brainwashed into thinking it’s an effort thing or they’re just going through the motions publicly.  They look to me like they all know the tactics are shite and aren’t going to work but haven’t all admitted it to each other.  

God this has been a shit last few pages. We lost 4 games and won 22 so far this season in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and armchair coaches are suddenly saying we are shit.

We’re all disappointed but keep some perspective, we’re competing against a club funded by a country and we will probably finish 4 points behind them. The Klopp era has been brilliant, Salah one of the best players ever to put on the red shirt, the comeback against Barcelona, so many other amazing moments.

If you can’t take 4 defeats out of 34 without a fucking hysterical melt down then you should follow the Harlem Globe Trotters. 

• Upvote 2

People are rightly upset the way the season is ending. New manager, new ideas, fresh starts, some coming in and some moving on. 
Some real decisions to be made on three stars. If we get near what they offered for Salah last season we should take it, we may initially struggle to replace him but we have replaced stars before. Van Dijk would get a new contract for me and a new partner who is experienced and can stay fit. No slight on Quansah who I love. I wanted Konate and rate him but those injuries. Then we have Alexander Arnold, what I’ll the manager want from him? Cash in? Midfield in a two?

And overall, without Klopp leaving, this would have gone down as a good season. Start of a very promising restructuring process, eventually good transfer window after all the crazy stuff, finishing third, promoting two more young players straight to first team, a trophy, some setbacks in the cup and the Europa but not before March and April. 

Title challenge. Which we apparently cannot handle, on more than one level.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

God this has been a shit last few pages. We lost 4 games and won 22 so far this season in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and armchair coaches are suddenly saying we are shit.

We’re all disappointed but keep some perspective, we’re competing against a club funded by a country and we will probably finish 4 points behind them. The Klopp era has been brilliant, Salah one of the best players ever to put on the red shirt, the comeback against Barcelona, so many other amazing moments.

If you can’t take 4 defeats out of 34 without a fucking hysterical melt down then you should follow the Harlem Globe Trotters. 

Hear,hear. We're all a bit gutted but we've been overachieving for years and now we need to again with likely more inferior manager in charge. We knew it would end and this is the end.

• Upvote 1

I reckon when Jurgen goes we’ll remember the fantastic ride, the rollercoaster, the absolute joy many of the games were even in seasons where we fun fuck all. The man, the boss.  But right now we’ve messed up and it’s shit. 

• Upvote 6