You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

Just now, Trojan1892 said:

Dom had been absolute fucking shite, get Jones on asap 

Absolutely wrong.

The only one who needs to substituted is Mo. Get Gakpo on, he can finish.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Should be about five nil up. These are fucking awful and we're pissing away chance after chance. 

Get Fowler on for Salah, Rush for Diaz, and Sturridge for Nuñez. 

Kenny maybe for the last 15 mins?

Joking aside, if we don't walk away from this with 3 points, it's horrendous. We should be at least five up and that's me acknowledging you don't take every great chance.

Jota will make a huge difference. As much as I rate all our attackers, they are all so wasteful.

A good half ruined by poor finishing and decision making in the final third.

This opponent is among the worst you’ll see defensively, and we should have punished them and been out of sight at the break. As shit as they are defensively they’re also capable of scoring more than one against any opponent, so there is a high risk we’ll be punished if we dont score a couple more.

Thought Diaz, Nunez and not least Mac Allister played well. Szoboszlai has made a couple of howlers, and Endo struggled at the start. Salah with one genius pass and a couple of other good moments, but has been very wasteful. He seems to need a high number of chances to score these days.

• Upvote 1

These two team are levels apart. 

We’re a well drilled unit, with everyone knowing what they’re doing. Playing with a degree of calmness and composure. 

United are the complete opposite. Clueless. Struggling to do the basics. Panicked. Just lumping it forward with the sole plan seeming to be to get one of these punts in behind our back line. 

It’s infuriating that we’re only 1 up. It should be 3 or 4 nil. Got to get an early second to suck any sort of hope out of United. They can’t be any worse than that first half. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Have you watched Gakpo lately?

Yes, he had a downperiod, but was very fresh on thursday. An he can finish, while Mo waste every fucking opportunity he gets. We are going to deeply regret his chance wasting in this half.

6 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Same as the cup tie this. Exactly the same. The final ball isn’t good enough, the finishing is worse. We aren’t cool enough in the box. 
And as these cunts have a pact with the devil you know they’ll get one chance and score. 
Got to hope that a few words from Jurgen will see us calm down a bit and we take the next chance. 

It's not the same whatsoever. They pressed us in the cup game early and scored a deserved goal. In this match, they haven't had a sniff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Your missus must have been in flying form last night Rushie!

Hope to God she's apocalyptic come 5:30.

She supports Arsenal, but she's on her own in our house. Both my lads are reds and in fairness, she cheers us on when we play.

1 minute ago, Judge said:

Yes, he had a downperiod, but was very fresh on thursday. An he can finish, while Mo waste every fucking opportunity he gets. We are going to deeply regret his chance wasting in this half.

Dom gave the ball away about 20 times first half and had three chances two of which he could have buried.

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Much calmer than I have any right to be.

To be totally pragmatic, I’d take Bradley off now. Can’t afford a red card.

I agree but the prospect of Gomez shooting at low flying aircraft doesn't excite much 

The finishing has looked shoddy. But, I’ve been more disappointed by the final ball. Just a half a yard misplaced or behind the player, which has turned a possible brilliant goal scoring opportunity into just a decent one. 

Diaz did one to Salah when Onana did a camera save. And, right at the end of the half, Szoboszlai played a pass just behind Bradley and onto his weaker left foot.