You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nott'm Forest (A) - Sat 2nd Mar 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

The very basics of defending, especially for a team at the lower end of the table scraping for any points possible, would dictate  that when you are still level deep in additional time, you boot the ball out of the danger area, as far as you can, any way you can. Not one, but two Forest players had that opportunity to clear the danger, but in trying to play out, they lost it and paid the price. 

In such circumstances, what happened a couple of minutes previous, and 100 yards away, is absolutely irrelevant

Yup.

Imagine us conceding a goal in the last minute because Gomez or Robbo decided to do that. We will be fucking furious. But the forest imbeciles decided to cry about what happened like 2 mins ago.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tenfolder said:

Always entertaining watching the media narrative when there is a contentious decision that goes for us, vs one that goes against us.

This. Or the 2 minute VAR check to find a reason to deny us a goal versus the cursory look when we concede one. 

The "controversial" thing was a foul on Konaté, simple as that. If anything, we are the ones who should be fuming that this was missed. The cunt could have seriously injured him.

That the ref also may have done the wrong thing in terms of whose possession it should have been, like 2 minutes before we scored, is pretty much irrelevant, other than to say that he is a shite ref.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

The had possession of the ball twice after it and nearly 2 mins passed between it happening and the goal.

Just the most contrived bullshit - and i guarantee you if it was anyone else but us it would not be being talked about at all.

To be fair, Toney moving the ball half a yard against them got similar. 

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

What I dont get is if a manager goes public the way that Clattenberg is as their ref consultant they'd get banned. So why is that prick allowed to start a media campaign and why is he sitting with PGMOL officials in the crowd at times and seemingly has a holiness to them

This and more needs to be made of it, otherwise ex refs are in for a payday next season when every team hires one as a consultant to use as a loophole to getting the manager fined/banned for publicly calling refs out for their shit decisions/using them to publicly pressure refs in to being more favourable to them.

11 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

This and more needs to be made of it, otherwise ex refs are in for a payday next season when every team hires one as a consultant to use as a loophole to getting the manager fined/banned for publicly calling refs out for their shit decisions/using them to publicly pressure refs in to being more favourable to them.

100%. It’s often being reported like it’s just an experienced referees opinion rather than a paid spokesman. They should also hire a club neurologist to check why they had so many head injuries. Thankfully none of them took more than a few minutes to self heal.

13 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

Yeah your seeing teams do it now with arguing with refs. They said they'd crack down now it's various members of the backroom staff that are doing the shouting and getting the bookings

22 hours ago, Caramac said:

ecmOcxE.gif

right at the end of the #GIF (not JIF) before (VVD?) collects the ball, it looks like he’s pushed a forest defender all the way back, just to make sure nobody will be offside. Fucking beautiful.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Moo said:

It is a bit different to the reverse incident earlier in the match but that just highlights Tierney's shitness. Basically he should have blown his whistle quicker in the second incident, before Forest took possession then this fuss doesn't happen. In that 10 seconds he made three mistakes: He should have first blown up for a free kick to us, dangerous play, crazy high foot by the Forest player, then he should have blown sooner for the head injury, then after not doing so he should have given a normal drop ball outside the area where the ball was when he stopped playing. All on Tierney this.

Oh and none of those things lead to our winning goal so the outrage is pathetic.

Here's the thing. If you look at that picture with the lads boot in konates head, it's impossible to draw any conclusion other than a foul and in all honesty, if that's not dangerous play, what is? The whole thing happens because he doesn't want to give us anything, like he didn't the other end when Danns was wrestled to the floor. 

The media reaction is amazing. I had the manc derby on half watching while I was cooking and when it finished and the women's football come on at 6, I flicked to ssn. I couldn't believe that by the end of a whole day of sport and the start of the promotion of the boxing farce in Saudi, that somehow that decision was still in the headlines. It's fucking absolutely mental. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's a fucking tit as well.

Why isnt anyone in the press saying "why wasn't it a free kick"? 

Because the job has been done. Whether its even close to being comparable is irrelevant. To the pig shit thick general public Spurs now equals Forest if the horrendous scenario occurs.

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They beat us at Anfield 1-0 with a goal from Ashley Ward,I believe?

It was - i was there.

Abject stuff.

Just looked and this is side that beat us that day.

OPPOSITION LINEUP

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was - i was there.

Abject stuff.

Just looked and this is side that beat us that day.

OPPOSITION LINEUP

I fucking couldn't stand Leonhardsen. Was fucking shite. Wasn't it him Evans used to start over Berger?

Did like Riedle though, shame we never got him a few years earlier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

I fucking couldn't stand Leonhardsen. Was fucking shite. Wasn't it him Evans used to start over Berger?

Did like Riedle though, shame we never got him a few years earlier. 

Think there was a period where that was case, yeah.

Riedle was some player, but as you say we got him too late to really see it