You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

We are in a far better place than Utd were when Fergusson stepped down , The squad is young enough to be moulded into whatever the new guy wants it to be .

If he had left at the end of last season then I wouldn't have been so optimistic but the foundations are in place for a new manager now 

we are in good shape this season all the new manager(Xabi) needs  is a couple of quality signings to add to this team if he left last season would have been a disaster

1 hour ago, Code said:

Oh my God. I’m off to the pub. 

Get ‘em in mate. I’ll be there shortly. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I’ve watched that full 24 mins interview and in it he asks us to accept his decision. 

And the video makes me think more of him as a man than I already did. He’s making the decision partly for his own good but he hints that he thinks it’s the best for the club too. 

He says he’s a 100% all in style manager and feels like he won’t be able to do that anymore after this season. He doesn’t want to manage us when he’s not able to give it everything. 

The bit about dreading and being indifferent about organising next seasons training camp said a lot to me. It sounds like he doesn’t get the enjoyment out of things like he once did. That his job is now becoming more of a chore and is preventing him from living a normal life. That’s the starting point to something more serious, if it continued. A complete burn out, mental exhaustion and possible further issues. 

It sounded like he’s decided to get out while he can before he’s completely overwhelmed by everything. And, for all he’s done for us, he’s entitled to think of and look after himself for once, and, yes, we do accept your decision. Albeit sadly. 

Haven’t you read BeefStrogs analysis?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

As he said in the interview, he's been managing for 24 years, not to mention he was playing full time for a decade before that. He's got a grandkid now, maybe he genuinely had had enough and wants to retire at a decent age so him and Ulla can enjoy their lives and enjoy their family.

That being the case, good luck to him.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

As he said in the interview, he's been managing for 24 years, not to mention he was playing full time for a decade before that. He's got a grandkid now, maybe he genuinely had had enough and wants to retire at a decent age so him and Ulla can enjoy their lives and enjoy their family.

That being the case, good luck to him.

Good point. Have a bit of time of and them manage an International team.

Just now, johnsusername said:

Fucking Abu Dhabi - if they hadn't cheated then Klopp would have more trophies to his name and I doubt would be as stressed over the last few years.

The irony is, he's about to go just as City are going to get found out  

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Don’t think he’d be suited to international football at all, myself. He’d hate not working daily with footballers.

Sabbatical and another club role I’d say.

Would love to see him get into politics at some point. Could do with him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The backroom team and Schmadke all going seems really unusual to me unless a successor has already agreed to take over. 

Or am I reading this wrong?

If he told them in November that’s plenty of time to sound someone out, especially as we’re a massive draw and have the means, within reason, can get near pretty much anyone.

Im sad, but kind of excited as well.

A new first page after finishing a beautiful book.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnsusername said:

Fucking Abu Dhabi - if they hadn't cheated then Klopp would have more trophies to his name and I doubt would be as stressed over the last few years.

Just about to post the same. After absorbing the news and Klopp;s decision I'm mor annoyed that he's been cheated  out of 2 more titles.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Rojo said:

Don’t think he’d be suited to international football at all, myself. He’d hate not working daily with footballers.

Sabbatical and another club role I’d say.

Would love to see him get into politics at some point. Could do with him.

Said he would not manage in England again. He is too honest to be a politician mate.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah, exactly what I've just said to a mate. He's been managing for 24 years, almost 10 of them in one of the biggest jobs going. It's all-consuming, no respite, 24-7 work. And he's almost certainly just tired.

Having a year or two off then coming back to manage at international level is akin to stepping down as CEO, having a couple of years sabbatical and then doing some well-paid consultancy work - less full-on, structured around yourself and your lifestyle.

I'm gutted but I wish the man nothing but the very best in whatever he does. He's given us so much that he's more than earned our collective blessing to do whatever makes him happy in the future.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted wheel said:

Devastated! Best manager  of Liverpool ever! This is going to have dire results on the team and true fans.

No it won't. The fans will sing their lungs out for Klopp and if they don't they're cunts. The players should also run their lungs out to give him the send off he deserves. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's probably still stressful and anyone will burnout if you're successful these days tbf

Just now, Dave D said:

The irony is, he's about to go just as City are going to get found out  

Quite possibly but perhaps he's also aware that the repercussions of their actions won't match the crime.  It's already a loaded deck and it's unlikely to be remedied any time soon.

Not suggesting he isn't a warrior and hasn't achieved great things, but he's only human.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If he told them in November that’s plenty of time to sound someone out, especially as we’re a massive draw and have the means, within reason, can get near pretty much anyone.

Im sad, but kind of excited as well.

A new first page after finishing a beautiful book.

I'm kind of the same. It's sad and quite a shock but I don't blame him tbh. It must be horrible and you probably work 14 hour days often which isn't healthy for anyone in the long run. I wonder whether he can't be arsed either pissing into the wind with how football is these days, oil money and blatant cheating from officials etc.

• Upvote 1