You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sat 21st Oct 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Blows my mind that anybody can think that’s 50/50 his arm was at a right angle to his body and it cut out the cross to Nunez. As blatant a penalty as you will ever see, look at his face, he knew it as well

If that was either of the 2 Manc teams (or basically any other team) there wouldn't be a discussion going on. It's payback for the Spurs match.  

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Police officer and a woman hit in the face by bottles thrown before the game, according to the Echo. Also arrests for hate and tragedy chanting. Surely not? Not the salt of the earth blues? 

Mate of mine used to be a steward at Anfield and he used to say they were the worst fanbase of the lot. Genuine scum like the mancs and Chelsea would come right up to your face and give it to you but these would put the boot in to you while your back was turned and then all

start sniggering. Jibbed it after last seasons game against them when he got a dig in the back of the head off one of them.

Always said these are nothing but bullies mates. 

30 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Konate was very lucky to stay on. He’s always been a massive liability but has weirdly turned into a player of Hansen / Lawrenson ability with our fan base while others have copped the flak for his fucking around.

He’s nothing better than a cult player and that price tag and injuries have bought him far too much playing time and I reckon the pennies dropped with Juergen now.

Hopefully we can keep the other cb’s fit all season and weigh him in for big money next summer. 

He is a top young centre back a starter for France and you think clearly he’s our worst centre back. Genuine question if he is so bad why would anyone pay “big money” like Jurgen did?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is a top young centre back a starter for France and you think clearly he’s our worst centre back. Genuine question if he is so bad why would anyone pay “big money” like Jurgen did?

They thought he was worth it. He wasn’t. There’s a reason he’s not been getting a start and today showed why. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

They thought he was worth it. He wasn’t. There’s a reason he’s not been getting a start and today showed why. 

In your opinion. He has had injury issues and Matip for me has been good when starting. He won’t be going anywhere mate in my opinion. Again you think someone will come in for big money yet you clearly think he’s poor.

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

In your opinion. He has had injury issues and Matip for me has been good when starting. He won’t be going anywhere mate in my opinion. Again you think someone will come in for big money yet you clearly think he’s poor.

All about opinions mate. I think Andy Robbo’s the best LB ever yet there’s people in here who just aren’t having him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Blows my mind that anybody can think that’s 50/50 his arm was at a right angle to his body and it cut out the cross to Nunez. As blatant a penalty as you will ever see, look at his face, he knew it as well

In the freeze frame,yes. But VAR was supposed to look at incidents in match time and not frame by frame like a golf swing analysis. Never mind,we won,the officiating was shit and VAR needs blowing up but will be with us until a scandal about the bigwigs who are making a fortune from it. The tv companies are happy,the advertisers are happy,so fuck the fans.

I thought the most telling moment during Tsmikas' outing was when Salah gestured for him to play a long diagonal pass that was never really on, and he did so immediately and of course it was intercepted. He needs to settle and grow into the team, seeing as he's got to play now, and play with more confidence. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Konate was very lucky to stay on. He’s always been a massive liability but has weirdly turned into a player of Hansen / Lawrenson ability with our fan base while others have copped the flak for his fucking around.

He’s nothing better than a cult player and that price tag and injuries have bought him far too much playing time and I reckon the pennies dropped with Juergen now.

Hopefully we can keep the other cb’s fit all season and weigh him in for big money next summer. 

That's an interesting view.  I can't say that I agree with it at all; in fact I think he's probably our best defender these days.  I suspect Jurgen likes him a lot. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I thought the most telling moment during Tsmikas' outing was when Salah gestured for him to play a long diagonal pass that was never really on, and he did so immediately and of course it was intercepted. He needs to settle and grow into the team, seeing as he's got to play now, and play with more confidence. 

He'll be fine.  He did nothing wrong today, apart from a few loose passes, which incidentally every other player was similarly guilty.

42 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He'll be fine.  He did nothing wrong today, apart from a few loose passes, which incidentally every other player was similarly guilty.

I didn't really need reassurance, or fortune telling. The fact is he has plenty of doubters, he's had some uneven performances and he looked under-confident today. I suspect he'll grow into the team once he finds a rhythm, but there's no certainty about it.

32 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I mean, it's just nice beating the cunts, isn't it?

Sets you up for the weekend.

Still the biggest buzz for me.

Yeah we have bigger rivals in terms of our aims for winning stuff, qualifying for europe and all that and the games against those rivals are massive - but for me the derby and especially because of how they have poisoned it is still the one.