You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sat 21st Oct 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Need to fuck Mac Allister off as the 6, Klopp is insanely stubborn when something clearly doesn't work. Endo must be the shittest player ever in training if we keep getting served up a solution that totally nullifies the players threat and exposes all their weaknesses. Also in my opinion Trent should be in the right back position he was when we were actually winning things or just given a specific traditional role elsewhere  because we are trying to to find a cheat code with him and bugging our whole game. Elliot consistently looks like a breath of fresh air when he comes on because of what's served up before. I guess it's hard to create identity when there's international breaks every two minutes.

I’m assuming Endo isn’t ready yet tactically in the same way as Robbo back in the day. I’m probably being a bit optimistic though as he’s 30 and should probably have been fit for purpose from the start. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Need to fuck Mac Allister off as the 6, Klopp is insanely stubborn when something clearly doesn't work. Endo must be the shittest player ever in training if we keep getting served up a solution that totally nullifies the players threat and exposes all their weaknesses. Also in my opinion Trent should be in the right back position he was when we were actually winning things or just given a specific traditional role elsewhere  because we are trying to to find a cheat code with him and bugging our whole game. Elliot consistently looks like a breath of fresh air when he comes on because of what's served up before. I guess it's hard to create identity when there's international breaks every two minutes.

Mac Allister was our best starting midfielder. Gravenberch lasted an hour and didn't touch it much, and Szoboszlai was bad. He mostly just kicked it against Everton players all game or into the stands.

44 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

People are seriously questioning that penalty? My word, they don’t come more blatant than that, Keane looked like he was stopping a bus. 

The problem with these incidents now is that VAR was not supposed to be used to slow down and use still pictures to make decisions,eg Curtis Jones shit sending off,but is done that way now. Again it's the lies over it's use and the poor refereeing which needs minutes to make decisions that should be made in seconds. I despise it and feel it was 50/50 because of his proximity to the ball. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I don’t really like Mac Allister in the “6” position. But, he was fine today. Used the ball well. Everton can moan all they want. Even without the red, they’d probably only have around 30% possession and next to no attempts on target. They were shite. 

People see what they want to see with Mac Allister. Basically at this point, he can play well like today, but because no one wants to see him play the position he's playing, people jump on everything he does. 

It would obviously be ideal if he didn't have to play there, anyone with eyes at this point is saying this, but in reality, he has generally been decent as a 6.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People see what they want to see with Mac Allister. Basically at this point, he can play well like today, but because no one wants to see him play the position he's playing, people jump on everything he does. 

It would obviously be ideal if he didn't have to play there, anyone with eyes at this point is saying this, but in reality, he has generally been decent as a 6.

He's totally blunted to what he's good at. Doing a job for the team. Adequate. That's not the player we signed and its pretty obvious it's not why he was signed. We've had this before playing the likes of Fabinho and Henderson in defence because they can do a job and we lost everything they added to the team and gained very little that could of been covered by players that play that position. The issue is not he's a liability in that role the issue is we lose his strengths as a player. If Endo is capable of doing a job, then he should be there especially when Jones is out and Mac Allister is made for that position further up. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's a top player further up the pitch. Endo was given a 4 year contract, if he was bought to fill a gap until we sign Andre in January that gap grows smaller each week and the decision to sign Endo seem even weirder than it did at the time.

For the sake of conversation I will bite -- what did you see today in Mac Allister's performance to make you post this?

Gravenberch is a better player than Endo as well - that's why those three make us stronger.

As for the second part, it's an opinion - not one Klopp shares, but an opinion none the less.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No they don't.

They labour patiently, get a breakthrough and then win one or two nil.

But, whatever, you do you.

The most successful LFC teams of the 80s regularly won 1-0. They would probably be lambasted by today's generation. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

For the sake of conversation I will bite -- what did you see today in Mac Allister's performance to make you post this?

As for the second part, it's an opinion - not one Klopp shares, but an opinion none the less.

I see Mac Allister blunted as a player. 

.....of course it's an opinion. Pretty much every single thing you will read written by someone on this site will be an opinion.

I thought Mac Allister's distribution was awful in the first half, he gave the ball away in stupid positions three or four times.

He was generally ok other than that but there wasn't much defensive work going on against that shower of shite.

• Upvote 1

Has to be one of the quietest derbies I’ve ever been to. We sung a bit, the shite hardly at all. They did boo, as expected, and although I couldn’t see from my seat, I’ve no doubt there were a few “gestures” going on. What was a disgrace was that as soon as Salah’s penalty went in, dozens of them walked out. That must be really inspirational for your team to see, a goal down, down to 10 men and your support is fucking off.

The game was generally average, we had more than 70% possession, 26 shots and 2 goals so where pundits get that Everton competed and played well, is beyond me unless they are ex-Everton players I suppose.

Thought Elliot did well and Nunez when they came on, but our passing and crossing in the final third were pretty abysmal overall.
I genuinely thought that the grock they brought on, (number 14?) who had been assaulting anyone he went near, more ran into Ibou than Ibou fouled him for the “booking that never was”. Be interesting to see a reply though, still, it gives the shite something to fume about, so alls good.

• Upvote 3