You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

25 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Paddy Power paying out on all Luis Diaz related winning bets after hearing the audio.
Hope that £10k bet was with them.

You know you fucked up when the bloodsucking predatory gambling company destroying lives around the country on a daily basis comes out looking like the good guys.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, Ashberry said:

Just imagine fucking up that bad and then not even reviewing the Gomez penalty shout 4 minutes later. 

I said this on the pod. That's one of the things I find so suspicious. Human nature would mean you'd take any chance to try and redress the balance a bit. Instead we got no pen, another red card and a load of bullshit bookings for fuck all.

It was deliberate.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

At least it explains why they normally take so fecking long to finish a review. It probably takes them a minute to wake up, then mop up the beer they've just spilt all over their kecks, then turn the machine on, then check the list to see what game it is, then start watching... Yep, that's why it often takes about five bloody minutes to assess if that goal is a goal. There will be infant school kids laughing at them after this. 'Learnings' indeed!

Thats another thing about it. People are suggesting that they did it so quickly because people have been moaning for quick decisions and that, indirectly at least, we should take some of the blame.

Having listened to the audio and seen the thing in action, there is plenty of scope to complete the check quickly and accurately, if there was any semblance of order to the thing. This, as with other examples we have heard, demonstrates absolute chaos with various people having their own conversations. Its like walking into the kitchen in the middle of an after party.

I'm sure Mr. England has benefited financially by his decision. No doubt about it in my mind. He didn't give a shiny fuck which tells me he knew he was being handsomely compensated for cheating us out of a peno, an offside goal and having a man sent off. Bent as fuck. 

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Thats another thing about it. People are suggesting that they did it so quickly because people have been moaning for quick decisions and that, indirectly at least, we should take some of the blame.

But they DIDN'T rush! If that's rushing, I think you'll find the OAP who regularly holds the traffic up when she crosses our street is an Olympic athlete! We should take some of the blame??? VAR is there to act on clear and obvious errors. Clear and obvious errors don't  take more than a few seconds to spot. Because...THEY'RE CLEAR AND OBVIOUS! People are entirely right to complain about VAR taking five minutes to count how many angels are offside on the tip of a pin! We are most certainly NOT to blame for this all bells and whistles clusterfuck!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’ve only listened to it once, but the only person who seems to have a clue what’s going on and that something wrong has happened is the VAR tech bloke, who I don’t even think is a qualified referee? 

Oli (Michael Oliver???) sees the mistake and tries to rectify it, but too late.

‘Oli’ is not Michael Oliver - it is the VAR hubs Operations Executive. In other words, they are literally being given permission to stop the game and change the decision.

So there are no excuses for not giving a goal. None.

35 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Having heard the audio now, I can safely say the whole episode defies belief.

It is so bad, it actually goes past incompetence, it actually does border on anti LFC bias.

England or whoever, says that it can’t be brought back because the game has restarted, so he knew the rules.

As has been pointed out, he sounded nonplussed, pretty much in control of his emotions, almost clinical in his judgement.

There we’re more than enough indications the goal had been ruled offside on the pitch, yet the call was made to carry on.

So we’re his actions done so quickly so as to be able to get the game restarted, and the goal chalked off therefore, even though he knew that Diaz had scored a perfectly good goal?

Then the TV companies are told to not highlight it at half time??

It stinks to high heaven.

The only thing to placate me over this is for the whole body of PGMOL officials to be removed from VAR altogether, and a third party “overseeing” body be brought in with as little bias or agenda as is possible.

Dean showed they run the thing to suit themselves, this has emphasised they don’t know what the fuck they are doing with it. 
Get them to fuck out of it.

Agreed, seems pretty clear to me that Darren England knew what he was doing and squashed any attempt to tell the ref or stop the game pretty quickly when the job was done.

Especially when you consider the Jones sending off video image that he whacked up. Dodgy as fuck that all the media is going with the “see, the poor lambs just make mistakes like the rest of us” line.

• Upvote 1

If Webb wants to suspend someone, then the person responsible is the on-pitch referee. The others are just assistants.

Now we have seen how Webb runs his ship, he needs to go. It is unacceptable. There is no trust anymore. 

No-one can be asked to respect that.

• Upvote 3

Can you imagine the conversations when the audio is not been recorded, they are a bunch of unprofessional cliquey wankers who definitely hold grudges  ,  it would be more professional if var was down the local pub,,,,,Dazza mate ……….. get another pint in whilst i do these scousers 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

If Webb wants to suspend someone, then the person responsible is the on-pitch referee. The others are just assistants.

Now we have seen how Webb runs his ship, he needs to go. It is unacceptable. There is no trust anymore. 

No-one can be asked to respect that.

This is the only satisfactory outcome for me. If anyone's going to lose their job it has to be the man at the very top. Cheerio Howard!