You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Regardless of what we do or don’t win this season, Klopp is going out a legend, something that won’t be lost on anyone in the frame.

The more we may win, the tougher the act to follow.

It could put some off taking the job

if that put you off the job, then that candidate would be a fucking grade A loser if you ask me. 

why wouldnt you want the job, the team is excellent, and young.

brand new state if the art training ground, the stadium is the biggest its ever been. 

the only stumbling block could possibly be our spending power, but we're not exactly misers either

14 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

if that put you off the job, then that candidate would be a fucking grade A loser if you ask me. 

brand new state if the art training ground, the stadium is the biggest its ever been. 

the only stumbling block could possibly be our spending power, but we're not exactly misers either

Levels of expectation.

For all that you’ve listed, and more, the scene should be set for success, but that could, possibly, make some think twice with that pressure on them.

Between now and the end of the season there may be other jobs come up where there’s less expectation.

I understand you saying anyone not wanting the job would be a loser, but anyone taking the position on would also have to be a big character to think they could equal or better what Klopp has achieved. 
We have a history of giving our managers time, but would that be the case with the current “want it now” generation?
I’m not so sure.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I know it's not quite the same thing, but does anyone reckon Klopp still would have come to us on the back of the previous manager winning every trophy available?

Or did he see us as a long term project at a club with tons of potential that isn't currently high flying enough to be expecting immediate success?

25 minutes ago, Trumo said:

We'll probably get Ajax just because Hendo's there.

They are in the Conference league are they not?

They are currently 0-1 down at home to Bodø Glimt at Half time.