You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Brentford - Saturday 6 May at 17.30

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Tiramisu is brilliant. What did you have for your entree?

I had a pizza with sausage and broccoli on it, it was very nice.

To the people saying tiramisu is shite, FUCK YOU MAN.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I haven’t been that invested the last few games because I don’t think we’ve a hope of fourth. I remember the tension in narrow victories a few years ago though, stressful stuff.

Would be amazing if United or Newcastle collapsed though. 

I’m still hoping we somehow pull it off. Feel it’s definitely possible for the mancs to collapse, their injury list is growing and Rashford’s hot streak can’t last forever.

Although yeah we really could have done with Villa getting something at Old Trafford.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Do you think Madrid are kicking themselves over selling Casemiro as he's played well this season, or did they wisely calculate that 30 year old Casemiro could fetch £70m whereas 31 year old Casemiro might only go for £25m?

About as much as they are offering a 33 year old Kroos, 37 year old Modric and 35 year old Benzema new deals I'd imagine.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He's 31 this summer. 

Wee bit of pragmatism is needed here chaps.  

Do you think Madrid are kicking themselves over selling Casemiro as he's played well this season, or did they wisely calculate that 30 year old Casemiro could fetch £70m whereas 31 year old Casemiro might only go for £25m?

It's just business.  

And who is to say he won’t get another 30 next seaso and the season after. 10 years ago, when a player hit 30 they were classed as fading. The ones that look after themselves can hit 35 now and still perform to a high standard. Mo is one of them. Look at the lad, he will play on for years yet.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

About as much as they are offering a 33 year old Kroos, 37 year old Modric and 35 year old Benzema new deals I'd imagine.

I know, I know, it's not always the case, some players defy ageing. That said, it's likely an Ancelotti thing.  When he came in Kroos was already 31, Modric 35, Benzema 33.  It was probably considered they weren't likely to get massive fees for them, and he was only just through the door and didn't want to disrupt the side by selling key players.  It wouldn't surprise me if he would let Alaba and Rudiger go this summer, both are 30. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Just leave him be. Why not just let people do what they want?

It does not sit right with me to see when it is very clear the vast majority of our support were showing their opposition to it our captain singing it.

As i said what he believes is of course his own personal choice - but on an lfc matchday when he is standing in front of the clubs fans, as they make a statement i personally expect our club captain to not effectively stand against that and against the prevailing feeling in the ground - as i said it would have been better IMO had he just stood in silence.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Assume he meant sausage and rapini -- quality.

Tack on a tiramisu and a double Sambuca.  mmmm   chef's kiss

If it was regular broccoli please pm me the address of the establishment so I can reach out to some sub contractors.

It was this one, it was fucking nice...

Screenshot_20230506-230452_Google.jpg

A very patchy display that wasn't helped at all by Taylor's fussy refereeing (when it came to us) which meant that Brentford could be more physical and play for set pieces. They aren't quite like Pulis' Stoke or Dyche's Burnley (or any Fat Sam team) in terms of playing percentages, totally ceding possession and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece, but they're not far off. It helps when you have forwards who are a real handful.

Three moments summed Taylor up, and you just know the decisions would have penalised us were they to happen the other way around:

- Fab getting barged off the ball in our penalty area, Brentford keeping the ball alive and then Toney getting fouled. Taylor let play go on until he could help Brentford out, giving them a free kick just outside the box on the dead ball line

- Foul on Mo by Henry, let go by Taylor, and then Cody picks up the ball and Henry is trying to wrestle him to the ground. He keeps his feet (just) but his only out ball is Hendo on the touchline. Taylor belatedly calls play back to book Henry, who avoids a talking to because he injured his hand and had to be subbed

- Mo and the defender chasing a ball down by the corner flag. The defender simply puts a leg into Mo's path and stops, so Mo cannot avoid a collision. Diogo was denied a penalty at Spurs last season for a far more obvious infringement by the opponent

Brentford seemed to have a lot of the ball and often worked their way into dangerous areas but they did barely anything once they got there. A free kick just wide by Toney and Mbuemo's disallowed goal is all I can remember from them.

We made very hard work of it in our own right too. Darwin made a poor contact with Trent's brilliant pass and a great chance to double the advantage before half time was squandered. Cody couldn't adjust to Diogo cross (which was fired at him) and missed a tap in from a couple of yards out in front of a gaping goal as a result. Trent had an effort saved by Raya. Other than that, plenty of huff and puff but very little attacking cohesion.

3 narrow wins out of 3 in a row at home then. Not great performances but the 9 points are more than welcome. Man Utd and Newcastle have games in hand but we are right on their coattails. Brighton have games in hand on everybody but need the points to catch up. It's still not in our hands but we've put ourselves within touching distance of clawing a Champions League spot, and that is miles better than where we were at the start of March.

Motd highlights for Brentford amounted to an offside goal that vvd clearly played for and was apparently "the most relieved man in the stadium" and two easily defended corners.  

They spent as much time showing the booing of the anthem as they did Brentford highlights.

Wright talking sense with Nunez.

All 3 are pro Nunez, strikers know.

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I’m still hoping we somehow pull it off. Feel it’s definitely possible for the mancs to collapse, their injury list is growing and Rashford’s hot streak can’t last forever.

Although yeah we really could have done with Villa getting something at Old Trafford.

Rashford has only scored twice since we battered them.

It would be funny as fuck if we overtook them but it won't happen. They only need 9 points from 5 games and that's if we win all 3 of ours.

8 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Motd highlights for Brentford amounted to an offside goal that vvd clearly played for and was apparently "the most relieved man in the stadium" and two easily defended corners.  

They spent as much time showing the booing of the anthem as they did Brentford highlights.

Wright talking sense with Nunez.

All 3 are pro Nunez, strikers know.

I don't rate Nunez, but I hope Wright is right.