You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 30 April at 16.30

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

On their equaliser, did richarlison actually touch the ball or just celebrate like he did? I didn't have a good view of it from the kop but saw in at full speed only on ssn, and I'm convinced he didn't touch it. 

Agreed mate. That was the only thing I was clinging onto - my only hope. I was shouting at the tv “that’s not even his goal! He’s going to look a tit now when it’s not his goal”, then I lay down next to the mutt on the couch and was sat there cursing the whole thing and then suddenly Jota is through and I’ve exploded into unparalleled joy, then aggression telling Richie la to fuck off and calling him a chicken dance cunt, then elation again, then squaring up to my tv when Richie la comes back on and screaming fuck off and get in over and over at him. 

I haven’t felt that good from a goal for fucking ages. Might be the Barca semi potentially that got me to that level of unadulterated football passion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aws said:

Agreed. If anything Trent is nearer to the RB position than when he is actually playing RB. 

Yep, at out best under Klopp both Trent and Robertson were part of the attacking 5, we played 2 defenders and 3 midfielders sitting in front.

12 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I hate that the FA and pundits think we should respect an official. Fuck off. I respect the rules. I respect someone who is good at their job. I don't respect a chimp just cos they put a ref's kit on him. 

That's the thing though isnt it? Most of the time, whether the ref has done a good job largely depends on whether your team has been on the receiving end. I ran the line today and the opposition manager was giving me shit for an offside (correct by the way) he couldn't possibly have seen. I spoke to him about it afterwards and he just laughed and said "yeah but I argue every decision".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curly said:

Agreed mate. That was the only thing I was clinging onto - my only hope. I was shouting at the tv “that’s not even his goal! He’s going to look a tit now when it’s not his goal”, then I lay down next to the mutt on the couch and was sat there cursing the whole thing and then suddenly Jota is through and I’ve exploded into unparalleled joy, then aggression telling Richie la to fuck off and calling him a chicken dance cunt, then elation again, then squaring up to my tv when Richie la comes back on and screaming fuck off and get in over and over at him. 

I haven’t felt that good from a goal for fucking ages. Might be the Barca semi potentially that got me to that level of unadulterated football passion.

Same. I was leaping around the pub flipping the middle finger at any cunt who wasn't a Liverpool fan. My wife seems to disappear during those moments funnily enough.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Which is why we should not be a 3-4-3 in attack. Trent should start in midfield in a 4-3-3. Gomez or Milner (interim) at RB to solidify. When Konate presses we have that cover, and Trent would have more space to work his magic

I think that completely misses the point of what klopp is trying to do. He's trying to cheat all over the pitch by asking players to do more than the conventional. Trent has spent his career so far being a winger with the ball and a right back without. Same with robbo. We're just asking Trent to move into a different  space inside instead of forward. We will get caught out loads of times as we used to get away with it previously because vvd was superhuman and now he isn't. This change is actually quite defensive imo. We mainly used to defend with 2 centre backs. Now it's mainly 2 centre backs and robbo. 

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We need to stop pretending this is some massively alien concept for our defence to be in.

We're just alternating between a back three and a back four at it's most basic.

Yeah, but with a left back/wing back playing as a centre back and a centre back playing as a right back - you need the players to play a system and we haven’t got them at the minute

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Same. I was leaping around the pub flipping the middle finger at any cunt who wasn't a Liverpool fan. My wife seems to disappear during those moments funnily enough.

Hahaha - there was some middle finger action here too if I think of it. 

I got a bollocking - the wife thought it was funny at first, but the aggression mounted and my son was quite shocked I think

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Curly said:

Yeah, but with a left back/wing back playing as a centre back and a centre back playing as a right back - you need the players to play a system and we haven’t got them at the minute

We haven't got a centre back playing as a right back, we have a centre back alternating between a right centre back in a two and a right centre back in a three.

In a three it's quite often the job of the right or left centre back to pull out wide to cover the flank and the defence should shift across as a result.

3 minutes ago, Curly said:

But ,on the plus side, we’re actually winning a few games now. 

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We haven't got a centre back playing as a right back, we have a centre back alternating between a right centre back in a two and a right centre back in a three.

In a three it's quite often the job of the right or left centre back to pull out wide to cover the flank and the defence should shift across as a result.

Yeah, I know mate - and you’d buy players that would suit that role. Robbo and Konate do not.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yep, at out best under Klopp both Trent and Robertson were part of the attacking 5, we played 2 defenders and 3 midfielders sitting in front.

The problem is that we’re watching a small cadre of players take on the burden of that mutability, which comes at a cost as the game progresses and they tire. 
Looking back at our European campaigns on our way to 3 finals, we conceded many a late goal leading to shocks and scares.

1 minute ago, Curly said:

It's really three at the back - those would be CB's by name. I think Konate is fine on the right - and Gomez would be as well. I'd like to see all three of them stay a little tighter together across the pitch defending. Their first we had 4 back covering against two.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's really three at the back - those would be CB's by name. I think Konate is fine on the right - and Gomez would be as well. I'd like to see all three of them stay a little tighter together across the pitch defending. Their first we had 4 back covering against two.

I’ll have a watch of the highlights - I just remember virg going over that side to cover and being rinsed before the ball went back across

Brilliant start, bit like the Madrid home game, but then, for some reason known only to the players, we really slowed it down and sat back.

Of course as soon as Spurs scored, the inevitable happened, we ceded control, tried to hang on and got done several times with a simple ball played at the correct time behind the centre backs. 
Had Son been clinical we could maybe even have lost the game.

What was concerning for me was that when we scored the third and took our collective feet off the accelerator, we just drifted completely out of control and no-one looked remotely like taking the lead and rallying the players to go again.

Virgil was captain, but only because he had the armband on, other than that he was almost useless in leading the team.

Had Spurs not been Spurs, we’d have been lucky to draw, never mind win.

But, we win again, so be thankful for small mercies and 3 points is what it’s about.

And yes, Tierney is a disgrace, but we’ve known that for several seasons.

2 minutes ago, Curly said:

I’ll have a watch of the highlights - I just remember virg going over that side to cover and being rinsed before the ball went back across

He fell on his ass but we had two tracking back - Jones I think it was - looked like he would have been able to get there but Robbo left the only guy on the pitch we should stay tight to in that situation. Happens. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Watched it on my firestick while on my holliers in Italy. 

Got cocky at 3 nil and went to the shops for some gin and tonic, it was 3-2 when i got back. When that ugly prick equalised I gave an almighty "fuck this" in front of my 4 and 7 year old. 

Thankfully that only lasted a minute when I was able to celebrate the winner. 

I know I missed 20 minutes, but did we go to shit when we brought Henderson on? 

Not really, we were piss poor well before she came on tbh but he did nothing whatsoever when he was subbed on imo.