You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 30 April at 16.30

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Exactly why a compilation needs making. 

In this social media age everything is driven by viral videos and clickbait. Before Salah being a diver became the general consensus there was a few of the usual pricks on twitter spamming shite but they were mostly ignored, eventually there's one incident where he could be said to go down easily and suddenly its viral and he's tarnished with that brush ever since.

Seen it loads of times in various forms, for months a handful of man city fans saying any criticism of their owners is basically racism, mostly ignored, and then eventually a cunt with a load of followers repeats it and it cascades from there, and it kept being repeated til Klopp himself had to call out how it was absolute bullshit. 

It's crazy but one decent compilation video of all the times Salah has been fouled posted by the right person on twitter will indirectly effect the results of our games, possibly being the difference between trophies/top 4 finishes, tens of millions of pounds at stake here, at the mercy of random twitter blerts. 

Absolutely agree. The examples are too powerful to be dismissed. And some forget that journalists are knowingly fickle - that way you get two stories rather than one. It'll suit them to change their narrative.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

He's also far closer to the defense than he used to be while we're also playing with more defenders in our, to be completely wanky, 'rest defence' than we used to under Klopp.

My main concern is in the attacking transition where Robertson is occupying a position that is both too wide and too high (seemingly by design) and as a result Konate and van Dijk are split out far too wide in a two when Alisson has the ball to the point where they are standing on opposite corners of the 18 yard box.

Whether the plan is that Fabinho should be dropping back deeper than he is and just didn't in the times I noticed it I don't know.

The system has brought results so far, and it is clearly a work in progress - the nature of it worries me against good teams, but some of those worries may be eased if we stick with it and iron out wrinkles and of course have added additional quality to the team.

There were a couple of times today where Trent was closeish to the defence in situations where they were probing but didn't even attempt to go and defend - whether that is by instruction in that situation "trust Konate" or just him switching off i am not sure.....

The centre halves being stretched across as you mention is deffo an area to look at along with them also having a lot of the pitch to cover at times - their 1st goal today for me an example of where it is dodgy and the stuff we were debating before game....That said we concede goals like that in our conventional system.

I like TAA in this role, he has been very effective in it - what is it now 6 assists or something? Will be interesting to see what we do going forward.

On a wider note - our game management and it seems maybe attitude today was at times awful - i know we won in end and who does not love a last gasp Kop end winner, especially after being pegged back seconds earlier - but elation from that out way, what the fuck were we doing after going 3 up in no time....? Was that 4th goal our only attempt on target after Salah's pen?..I think it may have been - frigging hell.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Not enjoying a result like that is the sort of thing ChatGPT would do. The head part comes tomorrow, today is for the heart.

Abso fucking lutely. Apologies texts have been sent to neighbours. 

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They change their mind at will. A while back they've said doesn't matter if you get the ball if your not in control. They just cover their arses and there is never any consequences 

Is right.

It is hard to keep up with what is supposed to be what as their inconsitency and bullshit associated with it gets worse week after week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't like him doing this. I know it's hard to keep cool when Tierney is the referee but Klopp doing this sort of thing does no favours to us. The refs just need to fuck us over in a critical moment or two in a season to fuck us over.

Aye ...it is totally understandable but he can't win against them regardless of how shite they are and how much the injustices nark....Bottom line is they can take petty revenge on him and sod all he can do about it. It is a rigged game he can't win.

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ridiculous. Even if he won the tackle, he can't go in studs showing 

"The final contact was just a consequence of the two players competing for the ball." This was the same with Kane on Robbo. And it BLATANTLY ignores their own rules. What if you break the leg - do you just wave it away because he got the ball first? The key thing is, it reckless, is it gangerous, is the player in control? 

• Upvote 1

I’ll miss Souness, he’s not afraid to say it like it is. I thought it was unusual for Kelly to be doing a Sunday game, I wonder if Souey requested her? I get the impression he doesn’t think much of bland Dave Jones. Loved it when Kelly said Souness used to push her in her pushchair!

• Upvote 3

Live it looked a bad one on Diaz but none of our lot seemed to moan too much. 

Seeing it back it was naughty and could easily have been given a red, Mason moaning like he was is pure deflection. 

Added to that prick running round with no top, tremendous finish that. 

Just now, gkmacca said:

"The final contact was just a consequence of the two players competing for the ball." This was the same with Kane on Robbo. And it BLATANTLY ignores their own rules. What if you break the leg - do you just wave it away because he got the ball first? The key thing is, it reckless, is it gangerous, is the player in control? 

Ah sure it's ridiculous mate. I think Redknapp said it looked worse than it was in slow motion, fecking helmet. 

9 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't like him doing this. I know it's hard to keep cool when Tierney is the referee but Klopp doing this sort of thing does no favours to us. The refs just need to fuck us over in a critical moment or two in a season to fuck us over.

Agree, imagine Shanks doing it. 

I know it's not the same but I just wanted it on the record that I said it.  

What bugs me this season is that we simply don't learn lessons. I'm very forgiving of mistakes, so long as we learn from them. We had several scares after getting sloppy, and you'd think the leaders in the team would call a halt at that point and react to it, but who were the leaders and where was the reaction? This keeps happening, but today, jeez, it wasn't an hour gone and I was already sure we were heading the way we actually went. I don't know what the coaching staff can do about that, you need players on the pitch sorting it out. Our best teams would have these cock-ups but my god, it was only once a game because the players would learn from it immediately. These players just seem to sleepwalk on regardless. It does my head in. Today just seemed like a game too far for that nonsense. Wonderful we still won but sheesh!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I'd sooner he didn't, but not doing it won't help either. We get fucked way more than once or twice a season from today's ref alone. Someone needs to speak up and find out why it seems they can only find referees from greater Manchester. Between him and that other cunt Anthony Taylor, we limp through loads of games praying for enough goals to rule out the ref from being the difference in the 2 sides. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bourbon said:

Live it looked a bad one on Diaz but none of our lot seemed to moan too much. 

But when we do make a lot of it, we get fined! That's the craziness of the PL. You react, you get fined, you don't, they say it can't have been bad enough to react!

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd sooner he didn't, but not doing it won't help either. We get fucked way more than once or twice a season from today's ref alone. Someone needs to speak up and find out why it seems they can only find referees from greater Manchester. Between him and that other cunt Anthony Taylor, we limp through loads of games praying for enough goals to rule out the ref from being the difference in the 2 sides. 

Agree and I don't have an issue with Klopp calling the fuckers out like he did today. I just don't want him in the faces of refs who already need no reason to fuck us with every opportunity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

What bugs me this season is that we simply don't learn lessons. I'm very forgiving of mistakes, so long as we learn from them. We had several scares after getting sloppy, and you'd think the leaders in the team would call a halt at that point and react to it, but who were the leaders and where was the reaction? 

The leaders are who they are - one of them fell on his ass for their first, another kept kicking it straight into defenders in front of him on the break and the third came on @ 63 minutes and ran about a bit.