You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

Bet life Robertson will get criticised by PGMOL for getting in lino's face/touching him. Lino's action will be deemed a reflex reaction to an unexpextedly close player and down to heightened sensitivity of officials safety after Mitrovic incident.

End result they won't do Robertson as not a good look for them - but they won't do Lino either and they'll come out with some bollocks about reminding players about not getting too close to officials for the good of all....

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Yes, their fans were/are fine. But, there were Simeone Atletico Madrid levels of shithousery and play acting from them today. 

Yup. They are massive time-wasting shithouses. Newcastle at Anfield levels today.

I suppose given we were behind twice I should be thankful for the point, but I'm not. We shouldn't have let then go 2 up and Salah missing a penalty.Ray Charles would have got on target means I'm pissed off. And all this stuff about Arsenal being fantastic, fuck off, they aren't all that but we have thrown our position.away for many reasons. Taking the piss out of Arsenal in recent years - who used to shout "hoof!" at us - was an unalloyed pleasure, so I'm not putting the flags out for a home draw. If they beat City to the title it will be nice to see the baldy weirdo cry, on the other hand it's Arsenal, so fuck them.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't mind arsenal, never have, I'd be surprised if there was any vile chants from them today. They're a proper club, old school. 

Na, not having that. Arsenal are a bunch of cunts, top to bottom. In fact there are no teams I don't detest. Fuck Arsenal, fuck them right up their Arses. 

• Upvote 1

We rallied well once we went two down, but in some ways it felt like one of those battling draws against Man United in the late 1990s where we were really only playing for pride, unlike them.

Clearly, a huge summer for us.

Not sure what I think about Trent, Nunez and Thiago gesticulating at the crowd to be louder at different times. Maybe just concentrate on giving us something to roar about lads?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It was all Robertson’s fault apparently, he ‘steamed’ into the linesman ‘pushing’ him and it was a natural reaction to elbow him on the chin/throat. Player should be banned for life.

Everton Twitter?

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No chance they try to brush that lino's actions under the rug. 

It was a talking point directly after the match and is on the front page of BBC. They made a statement during the match.

It's not going away.

They may not brush it under carpet but watch them cleverly mitigate it whilst implicating Robbo and then 'for the good of all' clearing both of any wrong doing, but being arrogant enough to remind players not to get too close to officials especially as there is a heightened sense around safety given recent incidents.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Bet life Robertson will get criticised by PGMOL for getting in lino's face/touching him. Lino's action will be deemed a reflex reaction to an unexpextedly close player and down to heightened sensitivity of officials safety after Mitrovic incident.

End result they won't do Robertson as not a good look for them - but they won't do Lino either and they'll come out with some bollocks about reminding players about not getting too close to officials for the good of all....

Robbo was yellow carded by the ref for his part so as far as i know the FA and PGMOL cant do any more.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

They may not brush it under carpet but watch them cleverly mitigate it whilst implicating Robbo.

Yup, they'll just drag out their 'investigation' until some other controversial incident crosses their desk(shouldnt be hard given it happens on a weekly basis) that will distract from this having happened.

Just now, DJLJ said:

They can take action against the Lino.

yes mate, but Robbo was handled by the ref he only gave a yellow so he obviously never deemed Robbos actions as bad enough for a red so thats it they cant punish Robbo further.

4 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Robbo was yellow carded by the ref for his part so as far as i know the FA and PGMOL cant do any more.

Exactly but they can use fact he was yellow carded when they inevitably criticise him and mitigate lino's actions.

Not getting a mention in Sky analysis. 

for me, the officials have really fucked football over. Perhaps even irrevocably. 

Crazy forensic analysis. Inconsistent off-side judgements. Appalling interpretations on handball decisions. Play-on for obvious offsides unless a goal is scored. It’s madness. 

first rate players + third rate officials = second rate product. 

• Upvote 2