You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Not that I want to get into this utterly daft argument, but what are you talking about? You can see Robertson takes hold of his elbow and the Lino immediately aggressively shakes him off,  catching him (barely) in the face?  Lino should have apologised at that moment, but it’s much a do about fuck all.  

I'm not particularly bothered about the incident as a whole, but I have watched both views a number of times and I can't see Robbo touch him at all. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's a small sample size I know, but most organisations reflect their leader and he was always a SYP plazzy hardman bellend.  

Yeah, it's not a co-incidence that the standards have gotten much worse since he took over.

22 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Others have probably already suggested this but wouldn’t using European/ worlds best refs be justified considering the popularity of the PL and money at stake? I’m sure money could persuade some of these guys to come to the UK. Bit unfair on the rest of Europe/ poorer leagues admittedly.

I would rather VAR was scrapped, but if its gonna be around, then should be an independent panel. Not refs. 

The whole thing needs a massive overhaul. 

• Upvote 2

At first I thought it was an over emotive shrug in reaction to being grabbed that accidentally made contact with the face.  After seeing the low angle though, it doesn't even look like Robertson made contact and even if he did it was a non-violent touch on the elbow, I counted about ten incidents in the city match of players touching the ref in a similar manner, not one was elbowed in retaliation.

Referees aren't contracted footballers, they're employees of a company and should be disciplined by that company in the same manner as any employee would be if they elbowed a member of the public in the face while at work.

If Robbo did touch his arm, if he wanted just to get him to stop he would've pulled his arm away from Robbo, that's the most natural reaction instead of deliberately throwing his arm towards his head.  It's clear that this lino has an issue with him and that is why he did what he did.

Should get exactly the same length of ban of Mitrovic IMO.  He'll probably get no formal sanctions but will be 'stood down' for the rest of the season with that cunt Webb in charge.