You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Quansah will be Phillips replacement in the squad.

I do think we need somebody else though. 

If we don’t buy a defender, then I expect Jurgen and his team are happy to trust Quansah to be good enough to be fifth choice CB. I suspect they know more about his ability than most. 

11 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I guess it’s an okay deal in isolation but given where the squad is it feels a bit like a luxury signing. Very unsure he’s what we need.

6ft 3, Age 21- most of Europe chasing him a year ago- Crazy Tuchel didn’t like him (he didn’t even like Mane)

I’m all in 

• Upvote 3

Just now, joe_fishfish said:

Endo + Gravenberch will end up costing only a little bit less than Doucoure would have cost. I’d have just paid the extra and gone for Doucoure. Much more what we needed.

Ye agree with this.

although it’s good the owners have actually just opened the wallets & done some spending.

a completely new midfield which is what we were looking for especially half way through last season. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

The window closes tomorrow night.

Mac Allister was largely a Julian Ward signing wasn’t he? So that’s three players from the Bundesliga this summer now. Ibiza Jorg earning his ket money there.

9pm today, no?

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

The window closes tomorrow night.

Mac Allister was largely a Julian Ward signing wasn’t he? So that’s three players from the Bundesliga this summer now. Ibiza Jorg earning his ket money there.

Liverpool Buys Germany.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Lying bastard on sky saying we have now spent "in excess of £165m" followed by a whistle as if 1. It is a sky high amount and of course 2. Fucking true.

Cunts

That’s about right.

Szobo-£70m

Mac- £35m-fuck knows

Endo-£20m

Gravenberch-£35m

Jorgs Gary’s- £5m

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

That’s about right.

Szobo-£70m

Mac- £35m-fuck knows

Endo-£20m

Gravenberch-£35m

Jorgs Gary’s- £5m

Football rules, what you spend you don't actually spend if you also get money in.

A mars bar doesn't cost you 70p because you got your wages at the beginning of the month.

Maybe not, park that for the end of the window then.

It's such a fine margin. If we get a centre back in, I'd argue that this might be the strongest squad we've ever had in terms of depth, but if we don't then I think we are incredibly vulnerable.

So far none of the journalists are saying that Gravenberch is our final signing so I have hope that we will bring one more player in.