You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

I like Estupian, granted we have the best overlapping left back in the league who is currently under lapping and covering central defence but I’d sell Tsimakis and sign Estupian in a heartbeat. That’s providing we pass on centre backs and midfielders this window. I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if we ended the window spending £30m-£40m on a winger. It’s just what we do.

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although I think that is likely true, apart from Colwill, there hasn’t been any reasonable links to anybody. 

That's a middle of the season, international break, style rumour they throw into the Sunday papers because they can't stretch reporting of England 4 - 0 San Marino into a two day event after they played on a Friday night.

Club interested in 19 year old Hajduk Split centre back with a view to a January/Summer move, Juventus and Barcelona are also interested.

Doesn't get the traction required in the heat of a transfer window.

According to the Beeb we've had an offer of 30 million knocked back for Andre. Why can't the low balling cunts just pay the 40 million release clause if they want him. 

If we could have forked out on Caceido, 40m is chicken feed especially since he'd only be paid half of what we would have have to offer Caceido.

18 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

According to the Beeb we've had an offer of 30 million knocked back for Andre. Why can't the low balling cunts just pay the 40 million release clause if they want him. 

If we could have forked out on Caceido, 40m is chicken feed especially since he'd only be paid half of what we would have have to offer Caceido.

The story of the summer seems to be to ask what the asking price is for someone, then cunningly offer lower and watch them go elsewhere. It's genius.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The story of the summer seems to be to ask what the asking price is for someone, then cunningly offer lower and watch them go elsewhere. It's genius.

We are like those cheeky cunts on eBay that send you an offer for £20 when the item is worth about £80.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Elite said:

We are like those cheeky cunts on eBay that send you an offer for £20 when the item is worth about £80.

Or a place in the sun "we are going to offer 30 grand under the asking price because we want to pay for a new kitchen" oh right so you want me to pay for your new kitchen fuck off cunt this is the value infact your barred from further bids you tit.

Not quite like that really but place in the sun pisses me off.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

City about to sign our boy Nunes from Wolves. He was repeatedly called shite on here last season, I think he's excellent. 

He was shite last season. The tough part is that besides this fact, he is a very modern midfielder with qualities that fit a top team. So I wouldnt blame a club for having issues with him, but equally, you can see why he is appealing. 

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I like Estupian, granted we have the best overlapping left back in the league who is currently under lapping and covering central defence but I’d sell Tsimakis and sign Estupian in a heartbeat. That’s providing we pass on centre backs and midfielders this window. I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if we ended the window spending £30m-£40m on a winger. It’s just what we do.

estupian would probably cost 60m. 

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Do we take from the Athletics article about players passed on by the club that Klopp didn't fancy Boubacar Kamara and went for Endo instead?

Didn’t Kamara get a bad knee injury last year? Maybe Klopp wants more robust players,  for a change. Or maybe Kamara is a bad egg and doesn’t pass the no dickeads rule. The stats guys can pass on their opinions of him as a player but maybe Klopp's decision goes beyond that.

Or maybe we enquired about him to Villa and were told where to go

5 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Didn’t Kamara get a bad knee injury last year? Maybe Klopp wants more robust players,  for a change. Or maybe Kamara is a bad egg and doesn’t pass the no dickeads rule. The stats guys can pass on their opinions of him as a player but maybe Klopp's decision goes beyond that.

Or maybe we enquired about him to Villa and were told where to go

Seems to have been as simple as Klopp preferred Endo.

Injury wise I think the injuries last season were impact injuries, when looking at a players injury record I'd discount them as evidence of, or lack of, robustness.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I think I saw something saying the release clause gets lower in January? 

58 minutes ago, No2 said:

City about to sign our boy Nunes from Wolves. He was repeatedly called shite on here last season, I think he's excellent. 

He was excellent against the Mancs last week, he ran the show. But then again he was up against a midfield that consisted of Casemiro on his own, so maybe it was the Mancs tactical ineptitude that flattered his performance.

14 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

The club where in a position a couple of seasons ago, perhaps not to dominate, (that only happens with Citeh-esque levels of cheating) but certainly to ensure we stayed at the top table challenging for honours. John was dumb enough to do the same with the Red Sox - not building on success, just ephemeral flickers of success (last World Series was 2018) - followed by him giving it the big one.

That's a short memory you have there - we challenged for EVERY top honor just the season before last.

I think you are right in the comparison in some ways to the Red Sox. As for ephemeral flickers of success they have won it 4 times - the most of any club during their time.

They have been their 21 years and I would guess at least a dozen different teams have won it.

In LFC they saw a similar storied franchise who had not won much in the years before they arrived (for the Red Sox it was naught) and saw some similarities in the supporters and between the two cities the clubs are in. The Penguins are in the same bracket but with far more recent success.

With the Red Sox they work in waves - challenging at the very top, then rebuilding to challenge again. It has worked there and it has worked at LFC. 

Fenway has held them back a bit financially which is why they are all in on the re-development, but it is very difficult to dominate there given how the draft system works - it is designed to produce at least a semblance of parity.

It is even more difficult in the PL now to challenge at the very top for even 6 or 8 years. If you look at the last 10 years and remove the "Citi-esqu" cheating the closest club to achieving that would be Chelsea - with their own unique brand of "financing".

Fact is in those 10 years Chelsea have finished above us three times I think.

Could they be more active in the market? Of course. But you will always have your share of Keitas (and that was when the scouting team was humming). In Chelsea's case an expensive sackful of Mudryk seems to happen more often than not.

I have posted a number of times that they should have got out @ 18 months ago.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I’m as apathetic about him now as I was in February. 

It won’t happen before the weekend as he’s suspended.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was shite last season. The tough part is that besides this fact, he is a very modern midfielder with qualities that fit a top team. So I wouldnt blame a club for having issues with him, but equally, you can see why he is appealing. 

I was at the home game against Wolves, they were shite but he stood out in shit team. He has the power, vision and speed, very similar to Szoboszlai, not as good obviously. 

41 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That's a short memory you have there - we challenged for EVERY top honor just the season before last.

I think you are right in the comparison in some ways to the Red Sox. As for ephemeral flickers of success they have won it 4 times - the most of any club during their time.

They have been their 21 years and I would guess at least a dozen different teams have won it.

In LFC they saw a similar storied franchise who had not won much in the years before they arrived (for the Red Sox it was naught) and saw some similarities in the supporters and between the two cities the clubs are in. The Penguins are in the same bracket but with far more recent success.

With the Red Sox they work in waves - challenging at the very top, then rebuilding to challenge again. It has worked there and it has worked at LFC. 

Fenway has held them back a bit financially which is why they are all in on the re-development, but it is very difficult to dominate there given how the draft system works - it is designed to produce at least a semblance of parity.

It is even more difficult in the PL now to challenge at the very top for even 6 or 8 years. If you look at the last 10 years and remove the "Citi-esqu" cheating the closest club to achieving that would be Chelsea - with their own unique brand of "financing".

Fact is in those 10 years Chelsea have finished above us three times I think.

Could they be more active in the market? Of course. But you will always have your share of Keitas (and that was when the scouting team was humming). In Chelsea's case an expensive sackful of Mudryk seems to happen more often than not.

I have posted a number of times that they should have got out @ 18 months ago.

They are the epitome of bang average.

Its all very well saying the Sox where successful and that they like to rebuild but in this sport its not that easy. American sports are very forgiving, have no punishments for finishing last and try to keep things as competitive as possible.

Everyone forgets how shit they were when they arrived too - still the same old problems have persisted, lack of knowledge on the game, lack of funding, undercooked squads, sell to buy, its been there throughout.

Here's our finishes under FSG's tenure since they took over:

6, 8, 7, 2, 6, 8, 4, 4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 5.

That is bang average for a club of our size and stature and this season it won't be improved upon because the squad is too thin and it will only take one or two players to get a knock before we are pushing square pegs into round holes again or playing kids.

It makes for even worse reading when you consider at one point we had a real great side, one of the best the PL has seen and we failed to maintain it long enough to stick at the top. Of the last three years we've won two domestic cups, scraped into the champions league and fell out of it just as quick.

They should have sold up several years ago, they are not fit for purpose.

I just don't understand them. Go out and bloody buy the players we need and if Klopp is being a dick then get someone in who will dictate and leave him to the management of the squad. Its just wasted time for everyone, the fans who pay a ton of money to follow us, the quality players we do have and a world class manager.

Stop wasting everyones time and either sell up or get behind the winning traditions of the club.

If they want Andre, but his club don't want him to leave until Jan and are willing to release him for cheaper, is it really that hard to complete the transfer at the lower fee and loan him back until Jan? At least it keeps out the problem of other clubs coming and nicking him away.

If they want him now, pay the release clause. This doesn't require a hell of a lot of brain power, feels like the transfer negotiations went from competent and professional, to absolute amateur hour.