You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's your opinion on our transfer window, Big Tone?

I’m apoplectic with rage. FSG are cunts, etc.

I haven’t paid much attention to it. Just the odd read of this thread. Jude Bellingham is the only player that we’ve been linked to, bid for or signed that I’m familiar with.

13 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m apoplectic with rage. FSG are cunts, etc.

I haven’t paid much attention to it. Just the odd read of this thread. Jude Bellingham is the only player that we’ve been linked to, bid for or signed that I’m familiar with.

Ooh, look at me I've heard of some youngster from the German league. 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

So has Andre played a full season nearly then, he'd be joining right at the start of ours if we buy him now?

The Brazilian league usually runs from April to December. They're just about halfway through. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dundalis said:

If they want Andre, but his club don't want him to leave until Jan and are willing to release him for cheaper, is it really that hard to complete the transfer at the lower fee and loan him back until Jan?

Yes

The Brazilin market is closed. If they sold him they couldn't get him back on loan. I guess for them doing a deal now makes no sense when his value may well go up before January 

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People do love getting attached to buzzwords, dont they. They saw 'rebuild' in a James Pearce article in May and thought they were promised that. 

Doesn’t help that they saw an ageing team with half a dozen high earners leaving and assumed they’d be replaced by more than three players. 

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Doesn’t help that they saw an ageing team with half a dozen high earners leaving and assumed they’d be replaced by more than three players. 

I mean other than Firmino, it was all midfielders leaving. And we had too many of them anyway, with a lot of them that had been doing essentially nothing.

The problem with this window is lack of anticipation and forward thinking to what will probably have to be done next summer, but buying 3 midfielders is fine. That is an adequate number of signings. 

Now Endo isnt a long term solution, but that's what might happen when, as I said at the time, you sell Fabinho at a bad time. We floundered and had to get a stopgap. 

Doesnt mean this season will stink, it just means its another solution we have to find next summer, on top of others that will pop up, and thats why its bad, not that some mythical rebuild didnt happen, whatever rebuild is supposed to mean anyway.