Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread


an tha
 Share

Recommended Posts

I actually think if we buy one more class midfielder it'll be a decent window. We shipped out everyone most of us wanted shut of, and at that point we'd have said we'd need three new starters and at least one decent cover, which is what we could end up with.

 

A decent defender would top it off. 

 

The two new midfielders though look class, no complaints there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People do love getting attached to buzzwords, dont they. They saw 'rebuild' in a James Pearce article in May and thought they were promised that. 

 

I can't lie I couldn't care less about what that chubby little know nothing spouts, I think the word rebuild just accurately describes what was required for the midfield this summer.

 

But that word aside, let's not pretend we weren't promised more. All the mouthpieces were at it. Joyce, Reddy, Lynch, Pearce, etc. 250M for klopp to spend, midfield rebuild, pulling out of bellingham because of number of players we need to buy, etc etc. 

 

As things stand we pulled out of Bellingham so we could spend 56M on 2 players and a stop gap.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

 

I mean other than Firmino, it was all midfielders leaving. And we had too many of them anyway, with a lot of them that had been doing essentially nothing.

 

The problem with this window is lack of anticipation and forward thinking to what will probably have to be done next summer, but buying 3 midfielders is fine. That is an adequate number of signings. 

 

Now Endo isnt a long term solution, but that's what might happen when, as I said at the time, you sell Fabinho at a bad time. We floundered and had to get a stopgap. 

 

Doesnt mean this season will stink, it just means its another solution we have to find next summer, on top of others that will pop up, and thats why its bad, not that some mythical rebuild didnt happen, whatever rebuild is supposed to mean anyway. 

 

This is an incredible flip flop, a few pages back you were equally as adamant that we would be negligent if we fail to bring in a defender at least, ideally another midfielder.

 

"Mythical" rebuild is also hilarious. "You were never promised signings! You're all delusional!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

This is an incredible flip flop, a few pages back you were equally as adamant that we would be negligent if we fail to bring in a defender at least, ideally another midfielder.

 

"Mythical" rebuild is also hilarious. "You were never promised signings! You're all delusional!"

He spouts so much shit knowing some of it is bound to stick so that he can be proven to have got something right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's astounding that people on here are actually framing the current state of affairs as anything approaching acceptable. We have spent 56 fucking million net, in an attempt to launch ourselves back into the champions league.

 

It does make me realize though that some folks on here would rather convince themselves into a happy state of affairs and if so, fair play. It's useless arguing the point with those folks. 

 

This window is a disgrace but our fanbase seemingly have no ambition. One of the best managers in our history, Salah, Allison, VVD, Trent and we are all seemingly happy to juke it out for 4th. 

 

Once Klopp goes please look forward to more years in Europa, he's the only reason we even have a slither of a chance of fourth this year.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

I can't lie I couldn't care less about what that chubby little know nothing spouts, I think the word rebuild just accurately describes what was required for the midfield this summer.

 

But that word aside, let's not pretend we weren't promised more. All the mouthpieces were at it. Joyce, Reddy, Lynch, Pearce, etc. 250M for klopp to spend, midfield rebuild, pulling out of bellingham because of number of players we need to buy, etc etc. 

 

As things stand we pulled out of Bellingham so we could spend 56M on 2 players and a stop gap.  

I think, genuinely, the club's idea of what to do with the midfield consisted of buying Jude Bellingham, and that would have been that. The pivot from that to getting Mac and Szobo, from a sporting standpoint is acceptable. 2 players instead of 1, quality is about proportionate. Fine with me. If people thought not signing one midfielder meant we would sign 5 players or whatever in a bunch of different positions, because they read some articles, that's on them.

 

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

This is an incredible flip flop, a few pages back you were equally as adamant that we would be negligent if we fail to bring in a defender at least, ideally another midfielder.

 

"Mythical" rebuild is also hilarious. "You were never promised signings! You're all delusional!"

It's not a flip flop. What I don't like is that we haven't actually solved much this summer, we have been poor in a situation where we had to be reactive when Fabinho wa sold and we'll have loads to do next summer. I just found the whole "rebuild" thing funny. The transfer market is about finding solutions, not signing x number of players because x number of players left.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

He spouts so much shit knowing some of it is bound to stick so that he can be proven to have got something right

Hate to break it you but that's how a forum works. We're laymen with no inside information and therefore, opinions change when the facts change.

 

Couldn't care less what the likes of yourself think anyway. You're some alt account that somehow got banned on a forum with almost zero moderation. You're a complete indesirable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think, genuinely, the club's idea of what to do with the midfield consisted of buying Jude Bellingham, and that would have been that. The pivot from that to getting Mac and Szobo, from a sporting standpoint is acceptable. 2 players instead of 1, quality is about proportionate. Fine with me. If people thought not signing one midfielder meant we would sign 5 players or whatever in a bunch of different positions, because they read some articles, that's on them.

 

It's not a flip flop. What I don't like is that we haven't actually solved much this summer, we have been poor in a situation where we had to be reactive when Fabinho wa sold and we'll have loads to do next summer. I just found the whole "rebuild" thing funny. The transfer market is about finding solutions, not signing x number of players because x number of players left.

 

 

 

Nobody thought that because they read articles, it's because they have eyes and know what the team needs. The same people (such as me) were saying we should have signed midfielders last season, and boy were they proven right, so condescending fans' expectations on this window as being unrealistic or 'mythical' is just silly. Even if we do not sell Fab and Hendo, Mac and Szobo was not enough, because there is a massive gaping hole at CB still yet to fill.

 

I don't really care about numbers, that's why I laugh at people telling me we now have X midfielders whilst counting players like Trent, Elliot and Gakpo, it's stupid. I care about the quality in the squad. If we could fuck off Elliot and Endo for Valverde and Tchoumeni right now, nobody would give a fuck about the numbers.

 

I agree we haven't solved much. And we are about to waste another season. I think people on this site have started to believe that there is always tomorrow. But there absolutely comes a day that we don't have this manager, and there are few other managers who could bring in any type of success under these cunt owners.

 

It's just fucking depressing going into a season hoping for 4th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is that we really need a midfielder and a defender. You can’t spin that. If it doesn’t happen they’ve left us short again. If they bring in a good player in either position I’d grudgingly accept it. But we really need the two.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Hate to break it you but that's how a forum works. We're laymen with no inside information and therefore, opinions change when the facts change.

 

Couldn't care less what the likes of yourself think anyway. You're some alt account that somehow got banned on a forum with almost zero moderation. You're a complete indesirable. 

So you admit talking shit, that's good. But the facts haven't changed, we have needed a rebuild or whatever you want to call it since we spent most of last season struggling in mid table. In fact we have needed to address the midfield for years before that despite having 8 or 9 players in that position. 

 

As for the rest, it is yet more shit. But it is a fact that you admitted to stalking women in gyms...think you my even have had to spend time for that but I may be wrong in that regard.  Although apparently you did spend a lengthy time away from the forum I believe... 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

So you admit talking shit, that's good. But the facts haven't changed, we have needed a rebuild or whatever you want to call it since we spent most of last season struggling in mid table. In fact we have needed to address the midfield for years before that despite having 8 or 9 players in that position. 

 

As for the rest, it is yet more shit. But it is a fact that you admitted to stalking women in gyms...think you my even have had to spend time for that but I may be wrong in that regard.  Although apparently you did spend a lengthy time away from the forum I believe... 

Hahaha, as if. Good thing this is the internet and you can just make accusations like that without repercussions. 

 

The rest, you don't deserve a response.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

Nobody thought that because they read articles, it's because they have eyes and know what the team needs. The same people (such as me) were saying we should have signed midfielders last season, and boy were they proven right, so condescending fans' expectations on this window as being unrealistic or 'mythical' is just silly. Even if we do not sell Fab and Hendo, Mac and Szobo was not enough, because there is a massive gaping hole at CB still yet to fill.

 

I don't really care about numbers, that's why I laugh at people telling me we now have X midfielders whilst counting players like Trent, Elliot and Gakpo, it's stupid. I care about the quality in the squad. If we could fuck off Elliot and Endo for Valverde and Tchoumeni right now, nobody would give a fuck about the numbers.

 

I agree we haven't solved much. And we are about to waste another season. I think people on this site have started to believe that there is always tomorrow. But there absolutely comes a day that we don't have this manager, and there are few other managers who could bring in any type of success under these cunt owners.

 

It's just fucking depressing going into a season hoping for 4th.

You might think that, but the club will have an easy out if this is it. 5 forwards, plus Doak, every midfield position at least doubled and a few more, 4 senior CB's. Fullbacks doubled.

 

At the end of the day, the club and Klopp make choices and they have to live with them. They also lived with making a 111m bid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You might think that, but the club will have an easy out if this is it. 5 forwards, plus Doak, every midfield position at least doubled and a few more, 4 senior CB's. Fullbacks doubled.

 

At the end of the day, the club and Klopp make choices and they have to live with them. They also lived with making a 111m bid.

I’m more convinced than ever now that the bid was never expected to work internally and it was probably for show. I think we knew he wouldn’t come hence Klopps weird answer in the presser on the Friday. It was like the club was dicking about and he knew it.

 

And it wouldn’t surprise me if that the case because they’ve acted weird

 all summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You might think that, but the club will have an easy out if this is it. 5 forwards, plus Doak, every midfield position at least doubled and a few more, 4 senior CB's. Fullbacks doubled.

 

At the end of the day, the club and Klopp make choices and they have to live with them. They also lived with making a 111m bid.


Of course, and as a fan I retain the right to judge those choices, just like everybody does, it is on that truth that the paradigm of a fan forum exists upon. Saying that they have to make choices and live by them is akin to saying that grass is green. 
 

So with that said, my current judgement is that our club is full of thick and inept cunts if they think this window and the state of this squad is acceptable. And if Klopp is complicit in that decision making then he deserves a share of that judgement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...