You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, MilanJovanovic said:

I understand that sentiment, but the cynical slander and the ironic stereotypical jokes is hard to take.

People should go read on Stuttgart forums what their fans think about loosing their captain who recently saved them from relegation, a player who their fans refer to as LegEndo, before behaving like spoilt Chelsea brats.

This Fifa fan chatter makes the club look even more like shit.

Slander?

14 minutes ago, MilanJovanovic said:

I understand that sentiment, but the cynical slander and the ironic stereotypical jokes is hard to take.

People should go read on Stuttgart forums what their fans think about loosing their captain who recently saved them from relegation, a player who their fans refer to as LegEndo, before behaving like spoilt Chelsea brats.

This Fifa fan chatter makes the club look even more like shit.

It’s not FIFA fan chatter to state that this isn’t the signing a big club should be making. It’s a panic buy through and through, and we’ve seen it happen from Caulker to Davies to Arthur and beyond.

Somehow, despite being third in the rich list, little Liverpool do this sort of shit time and time again under FSG. It’s nothing against the player who I’m sure deserves his reputation amongst the Stuttgart fans but this is not the way a club of anything like our size should be operating, yet it happens time and time again because we have owners be exchanging high-fives if we finish 10th in the league and can pretend it means we don’t have a pot to piss in.

• Upvote 1

People might say it's the owners not wanting to spend money, but if you are one day throwing around 110m and then the next day signing this guy, that's a choice you're making. You could be signing many other players, you have money. 

This is also not a nothing financial commitment and it's not the last day of the window either. The more you look at it, the more it feels like he will be counted on a fair bit.  We'd be doing more in subsequent windows in midfield in that case, but it feels like he will be a contender to start till January at least.

Now obviously, if we sign another 6 this window, you can scratch all that.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why don't you be a good boy and find that exact quote. 

Sorry was it some bullshit about him not being able to take players on and we should remedy that by signing Toney, Zaha and Marcus Thuram?

It's hard to keep up with the mental shit that you come up with.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s not FIFA fan chatter to state that this isn’t the signing a big club should be making.

Somehow, despite being third in the rich list, little Liverpool do this sort of shit time and time again under FSG. It’s nothing against the player who I’m sure deserves his reputation amongst the Stuttgart fans but this is not the way a club of anything like our size should be operating, yet it happens time and time again because we have owners who’ll be whooping, hollering and exchanging high-fives if we finish 10th in the league and can pretend it means we don’t have a pot to piss in.

I don't think the club is well ran, I'm not stating that the guys in Boston have a fucking clue - my point is solely that we should welcome the players we sign to the club and cheer them on. We son't know what role they'll play, and in what system.

Everytime I read some bullshit on here, on Twitter or on Reddit saying this or that I imagine myself being the player talked about, who've just boarded a plane to Liverpool ready to give his all for us. Obviously, this was never an issue before internet but it's become worse in recent years.

Let him have a go, and if his not good enough then give it to the owners.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People might say it's the owners not wanting to spend money, but if you are one day throwing around 110m and then the next day signing this guy, that's a choice you're making. You could be signing many other players, you have money. 

This is also not a nothing financial commitment and it's not the last day of the window either. The more you look at it, the more it feels like he will be counted on a fair bit.  We'd be doing more in subsequent windows in midfield in that case, but it feels like he will be a contender to start till January at least.

Now obviously, if we sign another 6 this window, you can scratch all that.

We weren't throwing around 110m quid though, we were making an offer for a player who we knew was not going to come here. Didn't you say this yourself? (I might be getting you mixed up with another poster, if so, apologies).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MilanJovanovic said:

I don't think the club is well ran, I'm not stating that the guys in Boston have a fucking clue - my point is solely that we should welcome the players we sign to the club and cheer them on. We son't know what role they'll play, and in what system.

Everytime I read some bullshit on here, on Twitter or on Reddit saying this or that I imagine myself being the player talked about, who've just boarded a plane to Liverpool ready to give his all for us. Obviously, this was never an issue before internet but it's become worse in recent years.

Let him have a go, and if his not good enough then give it to the owners.

Welcome to the internet.

We've had players who've won major trophies with LFC, indeed captained us to them, who've had lots of criticism from the very start of their Liverpool career to the day they left.  

Fortunately they will, mostly, be supported in the ground.

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

We weren't throwing around 110m quid though, we were making an offer for a player who we knew was not going to come here. Didn't you say this yourself? (I might be getting you mixed up with another poster, if so, apologies).

I thought the Caicedo thing was crazy and desperate, but If you think that bid was some conspiracy or just for PR/show, I'm not gonna entertain this post.

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

Welcome to the internet.

We've had players who've won major trophies with LFC, indeed captained us to them, who've had lots of criticism from the very start of their Liverpool career to the day they left.  

Fortunately they will, mostly, be supported in the ground.

Thanks. Yeah, I know. I did my best to shield a young Sunderland guy who we recruited years ago. These days there's no reason whatsoever. Absolutely toxic. But this will all change when Endo burns Guimares to the ground in just a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

I dint normally moan about not wanting a player. But 15ml on a guy who turns 31 in February. How many players move to the Premier league at that age and don't struggle with the pace. Apparently the deal was pushed by Jorge. That fucker has been a mid table sporting director his whole career. They fucked up having him anywhere near the club