You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's not what he's saying. He's intimating that there is a player valuation model that will rarely be overruled.

That doesn't make sense though sometimes. Lavia for example, we moved at snail's pace, increasing the bid by a couple of million each time....before we went with a £60m bid that was way over the previous bid.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

"But it is not my job to complain, it is my job to take the team we have at the end of the transfer window and make the best of it and not sitting here thinking (grumbles) 'oh they have this and they have that'. That's how I understand it.

Quoting to emphasise this bit - for those who ponder whether Klopp's lack of tantrums points to him being too subservient to FSG, or to being actually happy with the situation.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

That doesn't make sense though sometimes. Lavia for example, we moved at snail's pace, increasing the bid by a couple of million each time....before we went with a £60m bid that was way over the previous bid.

Yeah, unless there's bits missing (and bits I've not read elsewhere) that just seems like someone reading between the lines to find something that isn't there.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Quoting to emphasise this bit - for those who ponder whether Klopp's lack of tantrums points to him being too subservient to FSG, or to being actually happy with the situation.

He can hold them to account though.

Hes one of the best coaches in the world and would walk into any job and our owners would know that if he went the fans would be on them.

What the fuck do they know about football players anyway? Setting the fucking parameters like that. I loathe them, I’ll never accept them as our owners.

14 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Yeah, unless there's bits missing (and bits I've not read elsewhere) that just seems like someone reading between the lines to find something that isn't there.

No, it's what he has been hinting at for weeks. He was asked about Lavia and joked that the owners want young players who have played 200 games, basically saying they capped his value based on his inexperience. 

He also talked about how he had to persuade people about Endo because of his age.

We saw there is money to spend. Unless you are a crank, the hypothesis of no money has gone out the window.

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

FSG have brain washed Klopp into thinking he's lucky to be here. They're like an abusive husband and he's a battered wife. 

Just no. He's lucky to be here because it's a great historic club with amazing support and sprinkled with a good dose of magic. He knew it anyway and his wife reminded him recently.

FSG have fuck all to do with it, except healthy renumeration which any owners would give him.

ps and we're lucky to have him

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Hes one of the best coaches in the world and would walk into any job and our owners would know that if he went the fans would be on them.

What the fuck do they know about football players anyway? Setting the fucking parameters like that. I loathe them, I’ll never accept them as our owners.

By doing what?

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, it's what he has been hinting at for weeks. He was asked about Lavia and joked that the owners want young players who have played 200 games, basically saying they capped his value based on his inexperience. 

He also talked about how he had to persuade people about Endo because of his age.

We saw there is money to spend. Unless you are a crank, the hypothesis of no money has gone out the window.

No we didn't, no it hasn't. 

"Whatever that means"

Fuck all to do with being a crank.  How long have you been following football? This kind of shit has gone in for years.

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They're not pouring over stats and making decisions on individual players you fucking moron.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

By doing what?

If my bosses are setting me targets I want the resources to put me in the best position to succeed.

Jurgen is lucky in that he earns more money in a a few months than most of us in our lifetime so he has leeway unlike myself.

But I will tell my bosses what to expect if I don’t get what I need, otherwise it’s just setting yourself up for failure.

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They're not pouring over stats and making decisions on individual players you fucking moron.

Fucking moron say that to my face you fucking quilt I fucking dare you.

I’ve had enough of your snivelling smart arse posts this summer. You’ve been wrong all summer and I’ve noticed you’ve been sloping off recently as our window has started to turn sour. No longer crowing like you were initially.

Regarding my point Jurgen has just said that he has parameters in place, age, number of games etc SET BY THE OWNERS. 

Not the fucking tea lady.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If unhappy fans genuinely believe the owners are the problem then I presume they won't go the match and will boycott.  If they don't do those things then I'll presume they don't actually mind FSG, they just like a moan. 

They won’t kick off whilst Jurgen is there. They will when he’s gone.

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Fucking moron say that to my face you fucking quilt I fucking dare you.

I’ve had enough of your snivelling smart arse posts this summer. You’ve been wrong all summer and I’ve noticed you’ve been sloping off recently as our window has started to turn sour. No longer crowing like you were initially.

Regarding my point Jurgen has just said that he has parameters in place, age, number of games etc SET BY THE OWNERS. 

Not the fucking tea lady.

FSG set the overarching policy, recruitment team translate and implement that at a more granular level, ya know, like any business.

It's what we have people like Ian Graham/Will Spearman for (and the policy would have been implemented by Edwards), it's not Henry saying 200 games seem's about right (it's actually less than 200) before we can tell whether a player will make it and it's not a hard and fast rule either.

But luckily now you've said you'll never accept them as owners it might be the real push for them to go, I'm not sure how they recover.

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

FSG set the overarching policy, recruitment team translate and implement that at a more granular level, ya know, like any business.

It's what we have people like Ian Graham/Will Spearman for, it's not Henry saying 200 games seem's about right (it's actually less than 200) before we can tell whether a player will make it and it's not a hard and fast rule either.

Luckily now you've said you'll never accept them as owners it might be the real push for them to go, I'm not sure how they recover.

Ok bright spark why arnt we signing players? Who’s at fault? Owners? Jurgen? Jorg? Recruitment? Whom?

Because from where I’m sitting there’s been no fucking plan, no collaboration, no fucking synergy between any of them and the fucking losers will be the players, manager and the paying fans.

They only had the best part of nearly a year to fucking sort it like.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ok bright spark why arnt we signing players? Who’s at fault? Owners? Jurgen? Jorg? Recruitment? Whom?

Because from where I’m sitting there no plan, no collaboration, no fucking synergy between any of them and the fucking losers will be the players, manager and the paying fans.

All of them would be the sensible answer, in fact the least at fault is probably Schmadtke.

Also they've not really had a year have they, Fabinho and Henderson only left a month or so ago. If you don't think the intention was to go into the season with both Fabinho and Henderson (in a reduced role) alongside two signings for the 8 position and probably a younger #6 then I don't know what to say.

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If unhappy fans genuinely believe the owners are the problem then I presume they won't go the match and will boycott.  If they don't do those things then I'll presume they don't actually mind FSG, they just like a moan. 

Or they support the team through thick and thin and have been supporting them longer than Henry has been decomposing.

I don't know anything about you but to suggest lifelong LFC supporters should stop going the match seems a bit...off.

22 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If my bosses are setting me targets I want the resources to put me in the best position to succeed.

Jurgen is lucky in that he earns more money in a a few months than most of us in our lifetime so he has leeway unlike myself.

But I will tell my bosses what to expect if I don’t get what I need, otherwise it’s just setting yourself up for failure.

You don't know what targets the owners are setting Klopp, and you don't know what Klopp is saying to them in private.

I've no doubt Klopp is making FSG aware that without serious reinforcements CL qualification may continue to be a fight.  And I'm sure FSG are okay with that, for now. Klopp is their shield, they won't turn on him unless a time arrives when it's clear the support has turned on him first.

• Upvote 1