You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) Premier League - 14/1/23 - 15:00

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're not constructed in the right way to sell him, like we were with Coutinho. The plan has clearly been to build the side around him. We gave him a huge deal, we never buy any backups on the right side and we've decided the players we want to rotate are the ones on the left and middle. There is no alternative.

We'll see how it goes.

I'd guess he'll push for a move anyway if we don't finish in top 4.

Might just be the catalyst to building a new team with a different way of playing.

Time will tell.

As for whether we should let him go of course - well see my post above.

11 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Klopp to the away end after the match, he looks broken, it is very very sad thing to see.

20230114_172935.jpg

Seeing him like that makes me realise just how much i love him and just how much he means to and has done for us.

FSG - back that man, for fucks sake....he needs your support to rebuild/build a new team and he absolutely 100% deserves your support - you owe that man a massivw debt. Give him what he needs to fix us.

• Upvote 7

Just now, LFC 6 Times said:

I actually think this might be the worst Liverpool performance of my lifetime. There literally wasn’t one good moment. I’ve never seen us be passed around like that and put in such a flagrant lack of effort.

It was a real confirmation of what we all knew anyway....they werw just too quick, too energetic, too strong and were able to run by and past us with ease.

A young in his peak fighter dancing rings round an old shot one.

Sad to see....a watershed moment IMO.

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Well he is off in what 2 years for free anyway - so if it meant we got a big lump of money that as you say could help us rebuild the obvious problems then maybe it would work out ok 

I am not saying i want him gone by the way - he is obviously a special player - but we are failing him at present, we are not utlilising him properly and he is deeply affected by the mess around him (not saying he isn't to blame for some of the problems)....and he is blunted because he is playing in a broken team who are not helping him play to his strengths - who are providing no/lousy service, who are seeing him isolated, outnumbered and unsupported.

That said a fixed midfield would help him no end...if he stays and we fix midfield he will hit the heights again - in this team he will struggle, with the odd brilliant days because he is so good and he'll do something.

Reading your posts over the last while, mate, I’m thinking that you might be slightly concerned about our midfield. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Seeing him like that makes me realise just how much i love him and just how much he means to and has done for us.

FSG - back that man, for fucks sake....he needs your support to rebuild/build a new team and he absolutely 100% deserves your support - you owe that man a massivw debt. Give him what he needs to fix us.

I think the World of Klopp too but he's had money to spend over the last 12 months & the team he's built are getting the run around by Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion. These performances have not come as a shock to any of us either & I'd be surprised if we finished as high as a Europa League spot at the moment.

I have no time for FSG at all but (although I hate to say it) an awful lot of this is on Klopp.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Jurgen always does. He needs to start hanging some of his under performing players out to dry now though.

He accepted the problems were very serious.

It's starting to feel a bit like when the relationship broke down between Rafa and G&H now, he would surely only have penned a new deal if be thought he was going to be backed.

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

3rd isn't 8th. 

Salah scored 31 goals in all comps. 

Most games played behind closed doors. 

= not more or less the same. 

It was almost unanimously agreed that playing behind closed doors disadvantaged us more than other teams.

Also, we were missing about 17 first choice centre halves.

Whether or not he has the heart and players for it now isn’t yet apparent, but Klopp’s sides have always come roaring back after terrible spells.

But keep stimulating us with your sweeping, unequivocal takes.