You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stefan Bajcetic

John102

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If the club pulled out of the race for Bellingham people would lose their shit and say it's to go for cheaper options. I still think he'll end up at Madrid or Man City and we will eventually have to pivot to other options but they still have to be in the race.

Nah, we could pull out and sign a midfielder now and people would be happy. I certainly would.

He's not the only midfielder around who would improve our options massively and to be honest, I think he's overrated.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Musah, Kone and Douglas Luiz (or equivs) might be the smarter move if it comes down to it.

Add Thuram to that list as well but in the way we appear to be trying to play they all strike me as options for the 6/8 role whereas Bellingham (or a player of similar profile) would be the 8/10.

Either way Bajcetic needs to be seeing more game time and we should be cautiously excited that we could have a top player who might form part of our midfield for a long time.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

If the club pulled out of the race for Bellingham people would lose their shit and say it's to go for cheaper options. I still think he'll end up at Madrid or Man City and we will eventually have to pivot to other options but they still have to be in the race.

If we don't get Bellingham, it's hard to see how any alternative wouldn't be cheaper!

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Undoubtedly some would lose their shit if we did miss out on Bellingham. There again, I dont see the hype others do in Bellingham but there again, I only see the odd Dortmund game on tv.

49 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

This kid is boss. Huge talent. Without going all Liverpool Echo here, he could save the club 70 million.

If we are out of top 4, would make sense to give him serious gametime fot next season. As it is, I think he should be in our starting lineup, but young lads need to be managed. 

Totally agree, Ronnie lad. The more I see of Bajcetic, the more I think there is a real gem here and, I'd go as far as saying this boy looks a better prospect to me than Bellingham.

It's early days but he put in a great performance last night such that you wouldnt think he's still a teenager.

He cramped up a bit around the 70 minute mark I think it was so yeah, managed game time and some PL appearances will bring him on.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont see the hype others do in Bellingham but there again, I only see the odd Dortmund game on tv.

I think he's a very good player and can absolutely see how he fits into what we try to do tactically (as opposed to someone like Rice) but I'm not really arsed one way or the other whether we sign him.

Fabinho, like Salah, is unsellable. No one is going to buy a player who is in terrible form, that is almost 30 and whose contract has 3 years left on it, meaning we can demand a pretty high fee. Unless there is a big falling out, then that might change something. But Bajcetic gives him legitimate competition now, so you'd think we won't buy a 6. 

The biggest need by far is right side, which is Hendo, Elliott and sometimes Keita right now, so that's self-explanatory. If it's not Bellingham, it has to be someone who is good on the right. 

And then someone who can play on the left to rotate with Thiago. I don't get the Nunes thing, but whatever. He looks a bit turd but he has some talent, I guess.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

There's no way I'd even consider getting rid of Thiago. He's not quick but he covers so much ground, he's boss on the ball and he tackles like his life depends on it. 

Thiago is a tidy player and can do far more with the ball compared to the other workmanlike midfielders we have but he's frustrating as hell. He's an absolute pussy on the ball and is constantly knocked off of it. 

He's a poor mans Xabi Alonso. 

3 hours ago, Mook said:

We're not signing Jude Bellingham.

What we need is a fucking good midfielder now & another one in the summer when we ship Keita & Ox. This will solve our midfield issues for a good couple of years with, Thiago Elliott & Bajcetic around.

I think the Bellingham speculation(if true!) is dependent on Dortmund accepting Liverpool's installment type transfers and haggle over down payments and so on. My guess is Dortmund are not keen on this?

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Thiago is a tidy player and can do far more with the ball compared to the other workmanlike midfielders we have but he's frustrating as hell. He's an absolute pussy on the ball and is constantly knocked off of it. 

I think that's blatantly crap mate. He has his faults,but is by far our most technically superior player there. I like Hendo but he's playing too much for his own benefit and Fabinho has dropped off a cliff. Elliott should be on the bench and be a frequent substitute. Thiago is probably the only one deserving a place but he is not the same without support,which is sadly lacking at present. Bacjetic should be the same as Elliott,a frequent sub with plenty of minutes.

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

fucking hell.  Get back on the GF Col.

3 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

Fab is an obvious concern but then I look at Casemiro who is even slower and he's still doing a job. Surely he can get back to some semblance of form.

Henderson has a hefty contract and is going nowhere, Milners role will become his role. He does need to toughen up the soft cunt.

Whilst Casemeiro is decrepit, I think even he'd beat poor old Fab in a race, and as much as I hate to say it, he's a miles better footballer than Fab will ever be.

And whilst I'd agree that Henderson is unflushable due to that contract, I'd argue that Milner offers way more valuable, simply because he's head and shoulders a better player. Even at his age.

Henderson's minutes, all of his minutes, should be taken up by Bajcetic, Elliott, Milner, and even Keita.

It's hard recognising Fabinho from the player he was, and how much better we looked with Bajcetic. He's surely not finished at 29 though, it's not like he's been playing first team footy since 16 or had loads of injuries. I'm sure Klopp will see it that way too.

But if we ever did want to sell, I'm sure there would be takers