You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think you can assume konate will get on the pitch any more than keita has done. It's a real problem I think. 

Konate missed one league game through injury last season. He got a bad injury in  preseason this summer, then twice missed a couple of weeks with a muscle injury. He has played 90 minutes in his 12 matches for club and country. Comparing him Joe Gomez might be fair but Keita is just a no no.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

Konate missed one league game through injury last season. He got a bad injury in  preseason this summer, then twice missed a couple of weeks with a muscle injury. He has played 90 minutes in his 12 matches for club and country. Comparing him Joe Gomez might be fair but Keita is just a no no.

Yeah but last season aside he has had a major injury in every other season in his career since he was 20.

22/23 Muscle Injury 28 days 5Liverpool FC
22/23 Knee Injury 55 days 8Liverpool FC
20/21 Ankle Injury 49 days 9RB Leipzig
20/21 Torn Muscle Fibre 106 days 6RB Leipzig
19/20 Torn Muscle Fibre 14 days 3RB Leipzig
19/20 Torn Muscle Fibre 160 days

11 hours ago, No2 said:

But he got through last season because matip played half the games, it was clear we were managing the two of them. Matip is another crock, but he was clear last season too. My point is konate has never illustrated he can put a full season in on the pitch. Neither here or at RBL. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

But he got through last season because matip played half the games, it was clear we were managing the two of them. Matip is another crock, but he was clear last season too. My point is konate has never illustrated he can put a full season in on the pitch. Neither here or at RBL. 

He was a kid at RBL, what's counts is his time here. Saying he would have got injured last season if he played more doesn't add up. We were managing Matip not him.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

He was a kid at RBL, what's counts is his time here. Saying he would have got injured last season if he played more doesn't add up. We were managing Matip not him.

He was a kid who spent a lot of time injured. I'm not saying he can't make it. I'm just saying he's a massive question mark because he's never at any point of his career proved he can get on the pitch on a regular basis. If you're looking at our squad for next season at centre back you see vvd looking a shadow of his former self, konate so far failing to prove he can play 50 odd games a season, matip has always been injury prone as has Gomez, who also looks like he's lost pace and confidence. Any new centre back signing for me in the summer, needs to have a quality where we will assume he could be starting most weeks. In fact centre back smells a lot of midfield of the last 2 years. 

And I disagree about last year, I think we were managing the pair of them. 

Arthur Melo has been praised by his English teacher after the progress he has made during his time at Liverpool.

The Brazilian made the loan move to the Reds from Juventus last summer and has since been learning the new language as he integrates himself in the nation.

Arthur has been taught by Language tutor Sara Duque, who has previously helped teach Tottenham's Richarlison.

Sharing Arthur's progress to her 196,000 Instagram followers Duque said: "I couldn’t be more proud of my student @Arthurhmelo incredible progress in English over the last 3 months. When we started, he didn’t speak any English at all, and it’s amazing to see how far he has come in such a short period of time through his dedication and hard work.

"We set a high bar for ourselves and Arthur has risen to the challenge with admirable determination. Of course, there is still more to do, but we are ambitious and committed to continuing our work to achieve our goals.

"Arthur’s progress is a proof of the power of effort and persistence, and I’m honoured to be a part of his language journey. Congratulations Arthur, you’re a true inspiration to many footballers."

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ironically, I'd lose the ability to form English sentences if I met her.

La explosiva profesora.

https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/actualidad/2023/03/02/6400cedfca4741bd7a8b457c.html

She claims to have a special formula in teaching languages fast, using a number of memory techniques. "In soccer, clear communication between players is essential to execute strategies, make split-second decisions and achieve team goals," she wrote on social media.

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

La explosiva profesora.

https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/actualidad/2023/03/02/6400cedfca4741bd7a8b457c.html

She claims to have a special formula in teaching languages fast, using a number of memory techniques. "In soccer, clear communication between players is essential to execute strategies, make split-second decisions and achieve team goals," she wrote on social media.

She needs to be teaching all our players English then.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

He's gonna be one of them isn't he....

it would seem that way. it's not like he has 50-odd games behind him this season and they're all limping to the line. He's played 19 times this season. And since he's been here, just 48. and about 50% of the games he's played this season he's been mentioned for being doubtful. It would seem we really have to manage him to get him ready to play. 

On 25/04/2023 at 08:41, Shooter in the Motor said:

Arthur Melo has been praised by his English teacher after the progress he has made during his time at Liverpool.

The Brazilian made the loan move to the Reds from Juventus last summer and has since been learning the new language as he integrates himself in the nation.

Arthur has been taught by Language tutor Sara Duque, who has previously helped teach Tottenham's Richarlison.

Sharing Arthur's progress to her 196,000 Instagram followers Duque said: "I couldn’t be more proud of my student @Arthurhmelo incredible progress in English over the last 3 months. When we started, he didn’t speak any English at all, and it’s amazing to see how far he has come in such a short period of time through his dedication and hard work.

"We set a high bar for ourselves and Arthur has risen to the challenge with admirable determination. Of course, there is still more to do, but we are ambitious and committed to continuing our work to achieve our goals.

"Arthur’s progress is a proof of the power of effort and persistence, and I’m honoured to be a part of his language journey. Congratulations Arthur, you’re a true inspiration to many footballers."

Klopp has leaked this story to keep Arthur and get rid of Nunez, the language malingerer.