You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

The last comment is what i added...but yeah does not sound good with Thiago.....doubt very much now we will see him until we go to the cheats on 1st April - and even if we had a game next weekend anyway or one after i'd say same.

I just think it strange he talks about the 3 of them not training, but 2 of them training soon, but not available to play till the internationals. And thiago is a we'll see. I suppose it could be he's almost ready to train and as he's not been out long he might make weds. But I suspect as he doesn't mention him training, he's miles off. I wonder if he's not even around and has maybe fucked off on holiday. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I just think it strange he talks about the 3 of them not training, but 2 of them training soon, but not available to play till the internationals. And thiago is a we'll see. I suppose it could be he's almost ready to train and as he's not been out long he might make weds. But I suspect as he doesn't mention him training, he's miles off. I wonder if he's not even around and has maybe fucked off on holiday. 

I remember a week or so ago he said it did not look good for Thiago and we was out for a while.

The original month estimate was not 'officially' extended but just got feeling he was never gonna be out for a month fron way klopp spoke.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

I remember a week or so ago he said it did not look good for Thiago and we was out for a while.

The original month estimate was not 'officially' extended but just got feeling he was never gonna be out for a month fron way klopp spoke.

Luckily the rest of midfield is putting in performances. Fab is looking more like his old self. Henderson fine while we manage his minutes. Bajcetic beating all expectations. Elliot finding his best form and off ball quality of the season. And then jones got off then bench last week, so maybe is a bit closer to being involved. 

And of course there's always Arthur. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Luckily the rest of midfield is putting in performances. Fab is looking more like his old self. Henderson fine while we manage his minutes. Bajcetic beating all expectations. Elliot finding his best form and off ball quality of the season. And then jones got off then bench last week, so maybe is a bit closer to being involved. 

And of course there's always Arthur. 

9RZSW3YW4ycekhcJfajvdF.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not a perfect illustration of injuries as does not include detail of how many players out etc and could have just one player out all season on it to date and that would be 26 of a total - but it shows without doubt just how much worse our situation has been than what might be considered the norm or the average.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=349501.0

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not a perfect illustration of injuries as does not include detail of how many players out etc andcould have just one player out all season on it to date and that would be 26 of a total - but it shows without doubt jusy how much worse our situation has been than what might be considered the norm or the average.

Ask Brighton if they’ll throw in their medical team for half price when we buy their scouts.

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not a perfect illustration of injuries as does not include detail of how many players out etc and could have just one player out all season on it to date and that would be 26 of a total - but it shows without doubt just how much worse our situation has been than what might be considered the norm or the average.

Fucks sake.  And City played almost as many games as us last season.  

Fucking sort it Jurgen, this is unacceptable 

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fucks sake.  And City played almost as many games as us last season.  

Fucking sort it Jurgen, this is unacceptable 

Hopefully it is a reasonably easy fix.

A hell of a lot of those games will be Oxlade and Keita - you get rid and replace those two properly and you fix two issues - the issue of them never being available because of injury and the issue their lack of availability creates in overloading other players because we can't rotate.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Hopefully it is a reasonably easy fix.

A hell of a lot of those games will be Oxlade and Keita - you get rid and replace those two properly and you fix two issues - the issue of them never being available because of injury and the issue their lack of availability creates in overloading other players because we can't rotate.

True, and Thiago, Arthur and Jones, it's incredible to have such a concentration of injuries in one part of the pitch.  

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

True, and Thiago, Arthur and Jones, it's incredible to have such a concentration of injuries in one part of the pitch.  

Poor squad management IMO.

We should have started the cull in midfield before now - it is like failing to service your car, not maintaining parts/replacing worn parts etc and then it breaking down on you - it is your own fault.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Is it? We knew Arthur was a flake when we signed him. He was known as a player who misses games over nothing. Thiago has never played loads of games. Jones is maybe a different issue, but we knew going into the season his issues were growing related, which are always difficult to solve. Most people were asking for midfielders last summer because we have too many players who can't get on the pitch. By not addressing that problem,.we set ourselves up to fail.