You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs West Ham 19/10/22 - 19:30

Bjornebye

Very good first half, except for the last 5 minutes when we switched off completely. Penalty caused by some terrible defending by Tsimikas and Gomez, and by a referee eager to get one back at Liverpool.

Nunez has been fantastic. Great finishing, good movement and not least his pressing, which has been his weakest side so far has been very good. 

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Interesting to see all the Gomez hate unleashed after the penalty was given away.

Who hates him? 

His problem is he has every capacity you could wish for in a defender. Except concentration, composure, basic football intelligence... 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

Who hates him? 

His problem is he has every capacity you could wish for in a defender. Except concentration, composure, basic football intelligence... 

...positioning

Edit: I've never rated Gomez and have criticised his play plenty of times in the past. I can also give him credit for having a brilliant game (as part of a solid defensive display) against City. As others have said, he has a touch of the Lovren about him, albeit a rapid version.

• Upvote 2

Núñez has had a good half. Unlucky to just have the one goal. Some nice link up play from Firmino. Salah okay. But, he’s shackled once again out wide. Thiago decent. 

Tsimikas was rubbish for the penalty build up. But, there’s no need for Gomez to make that challenge. He’s never getting there first and he doesn’t need to anyway as Bowen’s touch is taking him wide, away from goal. It seems to have rattled him a bit as he was shaky after that. Henderson has frustrated a bit. He’s been okay. But he’s been slow to second balls and made some what should’ve been 50/50s look more like 30/70s instead. Carvalho has drifted in and out and has looked noticeably lightweight against West Ham’s grocks in midfield. 

A good first half but a nervy last 5. Get a second early doors in the second half and then relax a bit. 

Great first half from Darwin but fuck me, he should have passed to Mo after the mistake from Johnson (or Zouma?). WTF was he thinking going near post from that angle? Put Foden and Haaland in that kind of situation and 99 times out 100 they would have squared the ball to the other for a tap in. Our forwards' selfishness (bar Firmino) is starting to grate if I'm being honest.

Just now, Pungkoq Hang said:

Great first half from Darwin but fuck me, he should have passed to Mo after the mistake from Johnson (or Zouma?). WTF was he thinking going near post from that angle? Put Foden and Haaland in that kind of situation and 99 times out 100 they would have squared the ball to the other for a tap in. Our forwards' selfishness (bar Firmino) is starting to grate if I'm being honest.

There was a West Ham player beween Darwin and Mo who'd have cut it out.