You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

14 minutes ago, SilverSong said:

If quoted accurately then hes actually said even if we could afford him we wouldnt know how to use him.

Is this the Ferrari analogy?

If so it's probably best to just listen to what he said and how he said it

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

This is actually embarrassing now.

Is there realy any need for us as a club to be coming out with this sort of stuff.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65272660

As a general rule I'd suggest ignoring write up's of press conference and watching them instead.

for example he never said that big money signings are unfeasible.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

As a general rule I'd suggest ignoring write up's of press conference and watching them instead.

for example he never said that big money signings are unfeasible.

It isn't even that - it is the constant narrative of 'poor liverpool'

I am not arsed about Bellingham and i absolutely agree that if they want 100m plus that with what we need to do that we can't go spunking all that money on him and therefore probably him alone - as it won't fix us.

But for fucks sake can we as a club stop feeding the 'poor liverpool' 'liverpool are skint' blah blah blah narrative by giving the press these sort of soundbites to use/misuse.

Just shut it down with, we know what we want to do and when we do it, you'll know...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

It isn't even that - it is the constant narrative of 'poor liverpool'

I am not arsed about Bellingham and i absolutely agree that if they want 100m plus that with what we need to do that we can't go spunking all that money on him and therefore probably him alone - as it won't fix us.

But for fucks sake can we as a club stop feeding the 'poor liverpool' 'liverpool are skint' blah blah blah narrative by giving the press these sort of soundbites to use/misuse.

Just shut it down with, we know what we want to do and when we do it, you'll know...

An annoyance is we need to do so much work because we dont do enough each window. When you're at the top one or two quality players each summer. You dont do what we often do stand still and therefore go backwards.

9 minutes ago, Morning Glory said:

Apparently it got a bit heated during the embargoed section, will be out for this Sunday’s papers. Did one or two journalists finally find a backbone? Personally I’d prefer it if they directed their ire at Henry, Werner and the rest. 

Difficult to do given the distances involved. Has Werner even been across to Anfield lately?

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

An annoyance is we need to do so much work because we dont do enough each window. When you're at the top one or two quality players each summer. You dont do what we often do stand still and therefore go backwards.

I feel we had it pretty much spot on - but for some unfathomable reason we decided to only buy Thiago in midfield since Naby Keita.

Absolutely baffling to me why we have trod the path we have when it comes to the midfield.

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

I feel we had it pretty much spot on - but for some unfathomable reason we decided to only buy Thiago in midfield since Naby Keita.

Absolutely baffling to me why we have trod the path we have when it comes to the midfield.

Klopp wanted Tchoumeni he wanted Madrid, so afterwards he wanted his number one choice and waited like we did for VVD and Konate but we cant afford his number one choice now, so we have previous for want of a better phrase of writing off seasons or  should i say taking a risk that we will manage and in the end don't even get who we waited for anyway, the Bellingham thing is more annoying because of things out of the clubs control fans going way over board saying its a done deal, the whole build up of it and also the inevitability of it being bullshit and hearing excuses about it.

Honestly all along I've thought the Bellingham thing was bollocks not because it's not doable but because FSG are just so insanely frugal, the clubs run so tight it's now beginning to do damage. The whole sale/investment thing and important people leaving and stuff, just alongside a really dogshit season that stems from weak areas of the team even idiots like us could see needed addressing two years ago it just cumulatively makes it all feel bad around the club. I dont see why we had the dramatic pulling out of the Bellingham deal just put your offer in and of Madrid put in more we cant compete just like tchoumeni people accept that's just the way that goes.

I find that answer from Klopp and the Ferrari analogy absolutely ridiculous and stupid. 

Is he blaming himself for asking us to sign Bellingham and comparing himself to a child asking for a Ferrari? If he never asked for him then why the fuck is he even talking about it? If as a club we never ever thought we could afford him then why the fuck did we even leak to everyone that we are not signing him? 

The whole thing reeks for me. Personally I didn't believe even for a second we will sign him but what we have been doing in the last few days as a club is fucking shite. If this was Everton we will be laughing our collective cocks off.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Except that he's basically saying that the desire for Bellingham was ridiculous despite the fact he was clearly the one pushing for him. His quote is absolutely ridiculous.

Which quote? The one he didn’t say? 

• Upvote 1

Not improving the squad, especially midfield, over the past few years is neglect but I do not have an issue with moving in from Bellingham if the prices quoted are true. If there is expectations of advisor and parents bonus added to an already inflated fee similar to what happened with Haaland, well fuck that. Haaland had a cheap release clause which made that realistic (aside from the brown envelope money).

They have a value for a potential player and if he no longer is worth it, then they move on. I'd be surprised if any club pays the £130m quoted and we may move back in if it approaches what the club deem appropriate. 

In my opinion, we had positive talks with Bellingham('s people) but we expected the price to be £80m approx. The Enzo Fernandez fee has thrown the market off kilter. 

Buying well this summer doesn't necessarily need Bellingham 

The talk of Klopp maybe going back in for Tchouaméni makes little sense if they want to stick to the narrative of us only wanting players who really want to play for us. He could practically be the poster boy of players who don't fit that criterion. 

It's a bad analogy that, a kid asking for a ferrari. 

A better analogy would be the most successful racing driver in formula one history asking for a  ferrari so he could get back to winning races, but being told no because the team boss wants a new yacht. He can however stretch to two new tyres. 

• Upvote 3