You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

On 18/02/2024 at 21:44, Barrington Womble said:

You believe it to be inexplicable. Except I don't. I think there could be lots of reasons, but for me the most likely of which is he's not calm enough in big situations. It's clear from many of the goals he doesn't lack technique in either heading or kicking a football. There's plenty of evidence to show he has both in abundance. Many people believe he fails when he has too much time to think, except much of his best execution is when he has plenty of time to think - see yesterday as an example of this. @dave uhas theorised he had the yips and after that it was mainly about luck. I don't know much about the yips, so I can't comment on that. I'm not a massive believer in luck is pure luck, I think there are often other things happening that mean there are minute things happening that stops perfect execution. 

However, he has also demonstrated he is highly emotional on many occasions, he certainly has more emotional.dispkays than just about anyone in the league. An inevitable consequence of lacking emotional control, is a failure to completely control his technique in those key moments. In exactly the same way a marksman would try to lower his heart rate before taking a shot, I think Darwin needs to be calmer. Combine this with the incredible speed he plays at, I think once he gains more control of his emotional state in key moments, he will change to Salah level scoring. He might never be able to do that, but we see most footballers gain more control once they hit their mid 20s anyway, so I think there's every chance Darwin will. 

He’s a mad bastard and I love him for it

• Upvote 4

It's awesome to see how well things are going for him after the issues he's had. Really happy for him and I'm still struggling to believe that goal he just scored. That chip he did recently too after so many missed chances when he's been through against keepers was great, maybe he's finally settling in now.

Getting better, scored in as many PL games as he’s got booked in now, 8 out of 25 PL games he has played.

Scored a goal in his last three PL games now, may it long continue. 

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Code said:

Getting better, scored in as many PL games as he’s got booked in now, 8 out of 25 PL games he has played.

Scored a goal in his last three PL games now, may it long continue. 

He’s nearly played as many games as you’ve had accounts on here 

59 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s gonna be raring to go next Sunday after his spat with baldy at the Ethihad. Would absolutely love nothing more for him celebrate right in front of that bald cunt’s face.

I'd much prefer a controversial winner 12 minutes into 4 minutes injury time and he just jumps right into the crowd. Guardiola will be his own entertainment at that point.