You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

I agree with this. He seems to be suffering from a bit of anxiety, really wants to impress.

Before the game, just before the first kick of the ball, the camera on the sky feed went to him and he looked like a little kid/rabbit in headlights. Like he couldn’t believe everyone was singing YNWA and he was there in first LFC home game. He went over to Fabinho to have a quick word, just before the game started. Looked totally overawed. Hopefully that is now out of his system and he’ll settle down and it’ll come more naturally to him. 

16 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Before the game, just before the first kick of the ball, the camera on the sky feed went to him and he looked like a little kid/rabbit in headlights. Like he couldn’t believe everyone was singing YNWA and he was there in first LFC home game. He went over to Fabinho to have a quick word, just before the game started. Looked totally overawed. Hopefully that is now out of his system and he’ll settle down and it’ll come more naturally to him. 

Cheers, I didn't see that, but coming back from the injuries he has endured has taken real character so hopefully that personality will really come to the fore now. He certainly has a manager and staff that will help him. 

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

He certainly struck that defender's chin with venom.

Yes, he fell as if he was immediately knocked unconscious.

Totally stupid thing for Nunez to do, but I reckon he would have hurt the defender more if he'd flicked him with his finger.

I'm far more concerned about the ill-discipline of a 3-match ban than the "violent conduct".

I'm sure he'll be fine long term. He just discovered that he has a very steep learning curve.  
I'm certainly not writing him off or calling him the worst ever premier league signing ever,  that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

I am writing him off. That's a horror show of a debut, comically bad. Even if he improved by 100%, he'd still be nowhere near good enough. 

Got to remember he was playing against Gomez when he gave us the run around for Benfica. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I am writing him off. That's a horror show of a debut, comically bad. Even if he improved by 100%, he'd still be nowhere near good enough. 

Got to remember he was playing against Gomez when he gave us the run around for Benfica. 

Writing the lad off after one game, Jesus wept. I'm still hugely annoyed with him getting sent off, but to write him off this soon is kneejerk to the extreme. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm writing you off on account of you being a massive cunt. Even if you improved by 1000% you'd still be nowhere near good enough at posting to be tolerable. 

• Upvote 2

Good on him.

Centreback being a cunt and got treated as such.

Subsequent ban is annoying, and it's a pity he didn't burst Anderson's nose. But we are where we are.

Hopefully Bobby is fit 'cause the Mancs won't have a clue how to deal with him dropping deep.

Or throw Big Nat up front to stand next to Martinez.

We were completely flat before his red card, so we probably wouldn’t have gotten more than a point out of the game if it hadn’t happened. Diaz did the work of three players from that moment on. 

Huge blow for him and us that he’s gone

for three games now, especially with Firmino and Jota out, and of course, no Mane, Origi or Minamino. 

17 minutes ago, Lario said:

Good on him.

Centreback being a cunt and got treated as such.

Subsequent ban is annoying, and it's a pity he didn't burst Anderson's nose. But we are where we are.

He got bullied by Andersen all game and wasn't good enough in the game with the football to get the better of him so he butted him.

I'd rather our players were focused on winning games than trying to be hardmen. Someone said to me last night it reminded them of something Balotelli would have done and I couldn't disagree. Absolutely fucking brainless.

Obviously raw and young with a LOT to learn about the game. Got talent, but needs to knuckle down and do the hard work every day. IF he does, then he could be a beast for us. He has the perfect manager to nurture his talent if he listens. Obviously now also going to get targeted by defenders EVERY game he plays, so his match day attitude and temperament will also be tested. He's put himself under more pressure than he needed to be.