You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

3 hours ago, J-V said:

Klopp's had long enough to start addressing it.  He's stuck which shit players and let the others age and decline.  You don't need to spend £50m + per player to upgrade on Ox, Keita, Gini and Henderson.

So it's klopp's fault? He sticks with who he has because that's what the peasant budget allows. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Before the season ended we knew we needed 2 top midfielders, problem being unloading shite like Keita and Chamberlain. Giving Henderson and Milner new deals also looks a mistake. But “ we have 8 midfielders “ they cried, no we don’t. Hope Ardja is ok has he not been on for a while?

I'm not too arsed about milner and Henderson. In fact at least milner is on the pitch. And maybe so would Henderson be if he didn't play through injuries protect the losers that don't. 

Chamberlain and keita though, they should have been fucked off ages ago. They're creating a culture where it's alright to be on holiday every day. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

We have bigger issues than the midfield at the moment, the midfield has never been the creative force in the side and has always been the functional workhorse.

The fact our defenders and especially fullbacks are having their worst runs coupled with trying to adjust to whatever we're trying to do with Nunez and the impact it has on Salah is far more pressing.

Personally I think everything that is wrong with us starts at the low levels we've got in midfield. We saw today, klopp has pretty much given up on them. Just stick loads of forwards on and hope nobody notices we don't have a midfield. The full backs aren't playing well too, but their role completely depends on how the midfield plays. 

15 minutes ago, an tha said:

I reckon we could have got a taker for Oxlade if he hadn't got injured pre season.

Forest or someone like that.

Sadly the chance went when he got crocked again....hopefully January someone desperate comes in for him.

No chance. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So it's klopp's fault? He sticks with who he has because that's what the peasant budget allows. 

I'm not too arsed about milner and Henderson. In fact at least milner is on the pitch. And maybe so would Henderson be if he didn't play through injuries protect the losers that don't.

He could have fucked both Ox and Keita off Years ago let alone signing them for a combined £90million + not to mention the wages.  He gave Ox a new contract, an injury prone waste of space and he's persisted with Keita when after a year at the club it was obvious he'd offer us fuck all.

He's sticks with shite/average far to long.

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Chamberlain and keita though, they should have been fucked off ages ago. They're creating a culture where it's alright to be on holiday every day. 

Personally I think everything that is wrong with us starts at the low levels we've got in midfield. We saw today, klopp has pretty much given up on them. Just stick loads of forwards on and hope nobody notices we don't have a midfield. The full backs aren't playing well too, but their role completely depends on how the midfield plays. 

No chance. 

Just hoping that a side in bother might see him as someone who might come in and do a job - teams down there are often desperate in Jan.

I suppose his wages might be a problem and i can see how he might think he may as well sit it out until his contract runs out and leave on a free, but as i say just hopeful.

Whatever happens we are going to need to see some pretty dramatic movement in and out of our midfield over next year.

Surely time is up for Oxlade, Keita and Milner end of this season.

Is Hendo still going to be much use this time next year.

We still don't know about Jones - where was he again today by way?

It could be argued if Thiago does not stay fit this year is he going to add much next....he'll be 32 before next season starts - if we are talking 50% or so availability for a player who will be 33 before end of next season is that good enough - can we carry that....

Lot's of things to look at.

The only midfielder we have who is arguably at that ideal peak age is a new loaneee with a very dodgy injury record....he has it all to prove.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

He could have fucked both Ox and Keita off Years ago let alone signing them for a combined £90million + not to mention the wages.  He gave Ox a new contract, an injury prone waste of space and he's persisted with Keita when after a year at the club it was obvious he'd offer us fuck all.

He's sticks with shite/average far to long.

He didn't give Chamberlain a new contract, he's on the one he arrived with.

He also doesn't sell the players in the same way he doesn't buy them. They all have a number on their back and they stay until it's met. It doesn't matter if they're stars like coutinho or lumps of shit like the 2 you mention, if the right number is hit, they leave.  If it's not, klopp needs to get on with it till their contract expires - which it will with both in 10 months. Blame klopp if you want. There's a bunch of cunts in Boston who set those policies though. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Just checked. Its still shite. 

If Ox was a horse the screens would have been around him a long time ago. 

Keita in training must be like someone going for a pips medical. 

"OK Naby, can you touch your toes then walk to the window and back?. If you can you're in the squad to face Wolves next Saturday"

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just hoping that a side in bother might see him as someone who might come in and do a job - teams down there are often desperate in Jan.

I suppose his wages might be a problem and i can see how he might think he may as well sit it out until his contract runs out and leave on a free, but as i say just hopeful.

Whatever happens we are going to need to see some pretty dramatic movement in and out of our midfield over next year.

Surely time is up for Oxlade, Keita and Milner end of this season.

Is Hendo still going to be much use this time next year.

We still don't know about Jones - where was he again today by way?

It could be argued if Thiago does not stay fit this year is he going to add much next....he'll be 32 before next season starts - if we are talking 50% or so availability for a player who will be 33 before end of next season is that good.....

Lot's of things to look at.

You won't get me arguing out midfield is a mess or the club policy of fucking over the manager is wrong. 

But keita isn't going anywhere now. Unless klopp has bombed him, which would also be weird. He's only done that with sakho and was public about it. So the reality is he has a Chamberlain style injury like klopp suggested on Friday. What would anyone buy him for in January? You'd have to be retarded. 

I've been championing refreshing our midfield for 2 years. So I won't argue with you that work needs to be done. But that won't happen on this constant sell to buy policy. 

As for Jones.. no idea what's wrong with him now. He's another who seems to be skipping into this constant injury cycle. 

And you mention thiago. He's been a part time player all his career. We bought him because we won't pay for genuine quality players, so we choose to take a broken one on the off chance he has 10 good games a season. We're getting what we paid for and that will continue. That might be ok if we had a stable strong midfield that maybe needed someone who could offer something different. But instead we made some decision to replace the most robust player in out entire squad with him. I'd blow him up too, another waste of space. 

But all this comes down to the pricks in Boston trying to do everything on the cheap. You can't run a squad on a player per summer and a few kids. It's not 1981 where you used about 15 lads. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He didn't give Chamberlain a new contract, he's on the one he arrived with.

He also doesn't sell the players in the same way he doesn't buy them. They all have a number on their back and they stay until it's met. It doesn't matter if they're stars like coutinho or lumps of shit like the 2 you mention, if the right number is hit, they leave.  If it's not, klopp needs to get on with it till their contract expires - which it will with both in 10 months. Blame klopp if you want. There's a bunch of cunts in Boston who set those policies though. 

If he wants a player sold they'd be sold (you've just mentioned Sakho) if he didn't want Ox or Keita he'd have said no and they would not have been signed.  

Yanks are cunts said it before the first lot took us over and said the same with this lot.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

If he wants a player sold they'd be sold if he didn't want Ox or Keita he'd have said no and they would not have been signed.  

Yanks are cunts said it before the first lot took us over and said the same with this lot.

I don't think he would force anyone out. It's maybe one of his weaknesses, whether that's due to player loyalty or not putting the people in charge of the money under more pressure. But be certain about this, if he forced Chamberlain out, he wouldn't be replaced unless there was a random freebe kicking around. We won't and don't invest beyond about 20m per year beyond incoming fees. 

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Yanks are cunts but Klopp has to take some responsibility too for the midfield mess. There was no need to give Milner a new contract. Keita could have been sold early. Ox too. Even very recently he said we have too many midfielders - but it's only because we kept them all.

Which bosman would you have taken this summer to replace milner? There was a few kicking round, but not many in our budget who weren't shit. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You won't get me arguing out midfield is a mess or the club policy of fucking over the manager is wrong. 

But keita isn't going anywhere now. Unless klopp has bombed him, which would also be weird. He's only done that with sakho and was public about it. So the reality is he has a Chamberlain style injury like klopp suggested on Friday. What would anyone buy him for in January? You'd have to be retarded. 

I've been championing refreshing our midfield for 2 years. So I won't argue with you that work needs to be done. But that won't happen on this constant sell to buy policy. 

As for Jones.. no idea what's wrong with him now. He's another who seems to be skipping into this constant injury cycle. 

And you mention thiago. He's been a part time player all his career. We bought him because we won't pay for genuine quality players, so we choose to take a broken one on the off chance he has 10 good games a season. We're getting what we paid for and that will continue. That might be ok if we had a stable strong midfield that maybe needed someone who could offer something different. But instead we made some decision to replace the most robust player in out entire squad with him. I'd blow him up too, another waste of space. 

But all this comes down to the pricks in Boston trying to do everything on the cheap. You can't run a squad on a player per summer and a few kids. It's not 1981 where you used about 15 lads. 

I was talking about Oxlade mind not Keita, mate.

Jones was a weird one today he was on bench for 1st time this season on weds then today isn't with the Bajcetic kid on it...