You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atlético Madrid (H) - CL, Wed 3rd Nov 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Suarez played out of his skin to get his move. No doubt he wanted to win the league with us, but his upswing in form coincided with the lure of a way to get out that nobody could block.

What upswing im form.  He was world class from day one to the very last.

Cant say I’m surprised he’d rather play with Messi and co rather than Flanagan and Rodgers.

18 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

If you booed him off your a top notch wanker & a fucking embarrassment. You sensitive little soul. What he did for us should never be forgotten. We know exactly the player he is & we loved him for it. Win at all costs. But when he does it against us, you turn on him. Embarrassing as fuck that. 

Boooooooooo Suarez, boooooooooooo.

19 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Boooooooooo Suarez, boooooooooooo.

Bet you gave a chorus of ‘you’re not singing anymore’ to their fans after their goal was ruled off & a rendition of ‘Ole’s at the wheel’. You embarrassing saddo. Our support was always a little bit ‘different’ to anyone else’s & we used to be proud of it. Unfortunately, with fans like you, that’s no longer the case. We’re just the same as an other set of fans these days. Sad really. 

• Upvote 1

I love Suarez, the bitey little scamp. If you don’t appreciate this awesome attempt to drag us over the line in Roggo’s best season, you’re clearly somebody who talks at the theatre, crunches popcorn all the way through films at the cinema, and likes Wurzels records.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

What upswing im form.  He was world class from day one to the very last.

Cant say I’m surprised he’d rather play with Messi and co rather than Flanagan and Rodgers.

Suarez two first seasons for us looked like this.

Four goals from January to May his first half season, followed by 11 goals the next season. 

F5395017-AD82-4A39-8731-83968CC4708C.jpeg

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Bet you gave a chorus of ‘you’re not singing anymore’ to their fans after their goal was ruled off & a rendition of ‘Ole’s at the wheel’. You embarrassing saddo. Our support was always a little bit ‘different’ to anyone else’s & we used to be proud of it. Unfortunately, with fans like you, that’s no longer the case. We’re just the same as an other set of fans these days. Sad really. 

Actually I don’t sing incase I spill my nachos on my jester hat again.

(If booing does this to you I’d avoid pantomimes, look after yourself).

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't buy that. He played out of his skin all the time - before and after his move - because that's the way he plays. He was nothing like Torres phoning it in for most of his last few months.

Fair enough, just my opinion. I remember him as a decent player who had reasonable numbers, but who could often have arsey games where he'd spend it moaning and wandering slowly back from offsides. He got better progressively with each season, then rivalled the likes of Messi and Ronaldo in that glorious last season with us.

Personally, I think the memory of that last season, and his stellar form since, has clouded a few memories of him as having always been the unplayable monster he became.

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I never said he wasn't. Just that he got better.

Not sure I'd put too much faith in Eredivisie stats. Afonso Alves scored at more than a goal a game for Heerenveen.

Suarez scored 49 in 48 for them - that is on par with Van Basten and Cruyff's best seasons. 

21 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I never said he wasn't. Just that he got better.

Not sure I'd put too much faith in Eredivisie stats. Afonso Alves scored at more than a goal a game for Heerenveen.

I wouldn't put much faith in stats where he's playing alongside a 12 year old Sterling, 13 year old Suso, and Fabio fucking Borini either.

• Upvote 1