You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

30 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So all these Russian oligarchs who plough money into the Tories?I'm presuming they are all opposed to putin?

I think the ones who are opposed to him are dead or about to fall out of hotel windows.  

I’m sure those Ukrainians about to be blown up or shot, or starved or raped will take solace in the fact that useful idiots in their ally countries think it’s their own fault for falling for American tricks and propaganda.  I mean shouting ‘don’t shoot, U.K. politics isn’t free from Russian interference’ makes you bullet proof.  Right?  

53 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The post underneath made me chuckle. 

https://english.pravda.ru/news/russia/150202-zhirinovsky_covid/

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, who had eight vaccinations, hospitalised with coronavirus

Vladimir Zhirinovsky announced his eighth vaccination on December 20, 2021. He said that he gets vaccinated as soon as the level of his antibodies decreases.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

So all these Russian oligarchs who plough money into the Tories?I'm presuming they are all opposed to putin?

Did all these ex commies have a road to Damascus moment then when they stole the assets of the Russian peoples at the fall of the Soviet Union?

I find it strange some think dyed in the wool communists would pour money into the very type of regime they've supposedly been against all their lives. Or maybe they were not really communists and just went with the flow for the easier life?

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Did all these ex commies have a road to Damascus moment then when they stole the assets of the Russian peoples at the fall of the Soviet Union?

I find it strange some think dyed in the wool communists would pour money into the very type of regime they've supposedly been against all their lives. Or maybe they were not really communists and just went with the flow for the easier life?

I've no idea 

I do know London is flooded with Russian money and the Tories in particular seem to have some wealthy Russian backers (yet its Labour who are often portrayed as commies)

I just wondered how it would affect the current crises.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I've no idea 

I do know London is flooded with Russian money and the Tories in particular seem to have some wealthy Russian backers (yet its Labour who are often portrayed as commies)

I just wondered how it would affect the current crises.

Given I never believe a word from the Tories I doubt it will have any impact on their coffers. The cunts have only been so vocal on all of this to deflect attention from their own corruption. As far as Putin is concerned we are an utter joke

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Given I never believe a word from the Tories I doubt it will have any impact on their coffers. The cunts have only been so vocal on all of this to deflect attention from their own corruption. As far as Putin is concerned we are an utter joke

Absolutely, I wonder even if Putin wants Johnson to stay in charge as he’s going to be easily manipulated while he’s trying to keep the world distracted from his incompetence.

13 hours ago, No2 said:

I do wonder if there is much appetite among ordinary Russians for this? What's in it for them? Are they to do blindly follow a chap that has made his mates billionaire's while they starve and freeze? If ever there was a time for the opposition to rise up its now.

Would any sort of realistic opposition to Putin actually be allowed to run in Russia?

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I missed Starmer but heavy words there from Ed Davey. Asked for oligarchs to have their assets frozen and be expelled from the UK. Also asked for the champions league final to be moved. 

Just read that UEFA are looking into this and likely to (Edit: could change, they plan to proceed as normal but have plans in place if the “fluid” situation changes) change the venue anyway. They need phasing out of everything so that they can’t expect to just annexe bits of otter countries and carry on as normal. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

Just read that UEFA are looking into this and likely to (Edit: could change, they plan to proceed as normal but have plans in place if the “fluid” situation changes) change the venue anyway. They need phasing out of everything so that they can’t expect to just annexe bits of otter countries and carry on as normal. 

Russia will just get them to have it at Wembley..... 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Would any sort of realistic opposition to Putin actually be allowed to run in Russia?

Or in the UK?

I wonder if a Labour government would be very different. As we have the money laundering capital of the world, much of that money being Russian, we should be in a position to affect change here. Obviously, I don't believe a word of Johnson but it would be interesting to see whether Starmer would actually take a hard line on Russian money in the country.