You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Meghan and Harry Thing

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You hardly ever heard about her despite her being on the news most mornings then as soon as she mentioned racism twitter is full of cunts slagging her off. Racists don't like being called racists. 

Reginald D Hunter reckons the reason British people don't like being called racist is because we're so shit at it.

"Nig-nog! What the fuck is that? Sounds like something n*****s drink at Christmas. "

• Upvote 3

"Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown."

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502?mode=amp

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Em City said:

"Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown."

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502?mode=amp

Read that the other day, it's outstanding. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Naga don't take no shit, as any right wing flag shagger on Twitter will attest to. They fucking loathe her. 

Naga dosnt take no shit on issues which affect her personally. As with most of these presenters they are not quite so animated and upset over the issues that dosnt.

In an era where the media is full of right wing government toads anyone who calls them out is ok with me. It might be immature but I'm of the philosophy that when dealing with tories their enemies are my friends. No one on main stream has held the Tories more to account than Morgan during the pandemic, to suggest otherwise is nonsense. I couldn't give two fucks if a presenter is an egotistical prick as long as he asks the person in power the relevant questions with the relevant tone . 

You just wouldn't get the below on bbc and unfortunately you are now unlikely to get an interview like below on itv.

It's other journalists who should be embarrassed that Piers Morgan is held up as someone who gets answers, they should be fucking ashamed of themselves. 

Dan Walker is always picked on on here for being too soft and he deserves it. The government treating public money and contracts like gifts to friends and he'd be too busy showing them pictures of hamsters and home made scarfs. You could get a YouTube nutcase to highlight government failings better than the BBC. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's other journalists who should be embarrassed that Piers Morgan is held up as someone who gets answers, they should be fucking ashamed of themselves. 

Dan Walker is always picked on on here for being too soft and he deserves it. The government treating public money and contracts like gifts to friends and he'd be too busy showing them pictures of hamsters and home made scarfs. You could get a YouTube nutcase to highlight government failings better than the BBC. 

I agree with most of that. Morgans virtue proved to be his downfall, he thinks he's bigger than he is. The problem with most msm is they value their next pay check so dont rock the boat. Morgan's ego overtook any constraints, he was also smart enough to know notoriety brings exposure and exposure brings money. Morgan was also a keen brown noser if he thought it beneficial to himself. 

When all's said and done for whatever reason he was only broadcaster willing to go at the government without fear of recrimination, none of the others (bar possibly Jon Snow) had the bottle  and that ain't changing any time soon. Kirsten Murphy was right, Morgan going is a good result for government ministers and so a bad result for the rest of us, unless of course you're a closet tory. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I agree with most of that. Morgans virtue proved to be his downfall, he thinks he's bigger than he is. The problem with most msm is they value their next pay check so dont rock the boat. Morgan's ego overtook any constraints, he was also smart enough to know notoriety brings exposure and exposure brings money. Morgan was also a keen brown noser if he thought it beneficial to himself. 

When all's said and done for whatever reason he was only broadcaster willing to go at the government without fear of recrimination, none of the others (bar possibly Jon Snow) had the bottle  and that ain't changing any time soon. Kirsten Murphy was right, Morgan going is a good result for government ministers and so a bad result for the rest of us, unless of course you're a closet tory. 

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Naga dosnt take no shit on issues which affect her personally. As with most of these presenters they are not quite so animated and upset over the issues that dosnt.

In an era where the media is full of right wing government toads anyone who calls them out is ok with me. It might be immature but I'm of the philosophy that when dealing with tories their enemies are my friends. No one on main stream has held the Tories more to account than Morgan during the pandemic, to suggest otherwise is nonsense. I couldn't give two fucks if a presenter is an egotistical prick as long as he asks the person in power the relevant questions with the relevant tone . 

You just wouldn't get the below on bbc and unfortunately you are now unlikely to get an interview like below on itv.

I still think they'll just get somebody else in to kick off at MPs, it got GMB/ITV plenty of viewers I'm sure somebody is willing to do it. 

22 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've seen a few interviews where she's had it out with government ministers, questioning them and doing her best to make sure they answer her questions instead of allowing them to regurgitate their pre-prepared soundbites. She just doesn't do it with the same abrasiveness, or sweeping statements and accusations as Morgan. Nor does she share his gift for self-promotion.

Besides, did Morgan really have a rep for taking on the Tories outside of their response to the covid outbreak? Can't say being a Tory antagonist was something I particularly associated with him before then. A narcissistic cunt who's prepared to do or say anything that keeps people taking about him? Yes. A defender of the people? Hmm.

• Upvote 1