You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

16 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Wasn’t there a rumour last season that that knee injury was career ending too? Would take with a pinch of salt, although as a replacement for Wij this signing has been a disaster unfortunately.

Was delighted when we signed him, assuming he was an addition to our already key players. I didn’t realise at the time that he was ultimately replacing our one midfielder who could always be relied upon to be available in an already small squad. We’ve been bitten on the arse big time with this one. 

2 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Wasn’t there a rumour last season that that knee injury was career ending too? Would take with a pinch of salt, although as a replacement for Wij this signing has been a disaster unfortunately.

Apart from the fact he was signed a year before Wijnaldum left I guess you have a point.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If true, we obviously need to spend big this window. I’m sure FSG would hate to see a repeat of last season and will therefore be making the necessary £50m available immediately.

That ain't happening mate. Tight cunts. 

FB_IMG_1641731276878.jpg

2 hours ago, Shitty Arse said:

Fucking infuriating. Keeping him fit was key to us actually winning something this season. If he’s out for the season that’s us fucked this year then in my opinion.

If that was the case then there was never any chance of winning anything.

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

If that was the case then there was never any chance of winning anything.

I don’t really watch much football outside of watching us. I thought we were pinching one of the best midfielders in Europe off one of our big rivals. Turns out it’s someone we’ll see about as often as when we signed Jari Litmanen. Had no idea there were massive question marks around his fitness. 

19 hours ago, Code said:

Apart from the fact he was signed a year before Wijnaldum left I guess you have a point.

Senior midfielder out, senior midfielder in. No additional purchases for the position. He was undoubtedly signed as a replacement for Wijnaldum, irrespective of timeline.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Senior midfielder out, senior midfielder in. No additional purchases for the position. He was undoubtedly signed as a replacement for Wijnaldum, irrespective of timeline.

Eh no. 

Senior midfielder in,  a year later after no luck in getting a contract sorted, another senior midfielder out.

31 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We’ve effectively fucked two seasons up with this signing.  He’s the reason we didn’t get a cb and yes he’s the dreadful replacement for Gini.

Utterly dreadful signing.

Agree to a large extent, although I don't associate him with not signing a CB as we should have been able to get both.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

His medals will say he's class,as will his teammates. 

The post never said he was a dreadful player, but that he was a dreadful signing [for LFC].  He's obviously a good player just totally unsuitable for us.