You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I would just like a Tory voter, any Tory voter, to tell me that the last 12 years has been an honest attempt to make things right for the whole country and not just the Tories in the early stages of the 12 years to follow an ideological stance that austerity was absolutely required, but in the latter part of the 12 years that they were superceded by a licence to steal. I would like a Tory voter or canvasser to stand there with a straight face and tell me that isn't how it is. Or to tell me that they are OK with it.

They can't defend it. It's blind loyalty. A few weeks ago they defended a budget for the very rich. A few weeks later it was a totally different budget they all defended

• Upvote 1

Just now, littletedwest said:

They can't defend it. It's blind loyalty. A few weeks ago they defended a budget for the very rich. A few weeks later it was a totally different budget they all defended

But I want somebody who votes Tory to front up and tell me I'm wrong 

I came across this article today after falling down a youtube rabbit hole that led me to a video about the most 'pro brexit town in Britain'.....Boston, Lincs

The article sums up the absolute stupidity of so many of the cunts that make up the tory vote.

76% of the vote in the last GE went to the Tories in this seat.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/28/in-boston-britains-most-pro-brexit-town-voters-are-fed-up.html

35 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I would just like a Tory voter, any Tory voter, to tell me that the last 12 years has been an honest attempt to make things right for the whole country and not just the Tories in the early stages of the 12 years to follow an ideological stance that austerity was absolutely required, but in the latter part of the 12 years that they were superceded by a licence to steal. I would like a Tory voter or canvasser to stand there with a straight face and tell me that isn't how it is. Or to tell me that they are OK with it.

Does this help 

pig-fly.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

They'd defend it like a politician. Some bollocks about brexit being delivered despite it being a total fuck up and something about a fictional world were it was worse under labour had they been elected 

Yep, they were clearing up the mess Labour left, regaining sovereignty and were right on all the big calls.

10 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I didn't say that but this country owes a debt of gratitude to these people and they shouldn't be homeless. The government along with the armed forces could easily have a program setup for them but they choose not to. 

No one should be homeless but if you have put your life on the line for this country then there should be help for you if you need it. 

Nurses and Care Home workers put their lives on the line every day during Covid, arguably at greater risk than many of the armed forces. 

• Upvote 2

I understand why some people used to vote tory, but not now and not since Johnson or arguably as far back as Cameron.

Traditional conservatism is supposedly about 'conserving' tradition. The union, the military, the courts, the family unit and the rest of it. Good people like Peter Oborne and Ian Hislop voted Tory in the past.

But it's shit on all of those things and become purely a party of cronyism and for furthering the goals of a few econimc radicals with their tendrils drilled into it.

If you still defend them then it's pure tribalism now, nothing more.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I understand why some people used to vote tory, but not now and not since Johnson or arguably as far back as Cameron.

Traditional conservatism is supposedly about 'conserving' tradition. The union, the military, the courts, the family unit and the rest of it. Good people like Peter Oborne and Ian Hislop voted Tory in the past.

But it's shit on all of those things and become purely a party of cronyism and for furthering the goals of a few econimc radicals with their tendrils drilled into it.

If you still defend them then it's pure tribalism now, nothing more.

Yes, you could at least previously make the argument that some of their policies were in the interests of the country. Or at least, how they saw it. It was intellectually honest to some degree. 

You can't do that when the country doesn't make anything, sells the railways to the French and Dutch, sells the capital to Saudi Arabia, and sticks Russian spies in the House of Lords. 

They've never given a fuck about the working class but now they don't give a fuck about the middle class either. Nor traditional "Tory workers". The police, the army, the judiciary. The first two are running around in plimsolls and the third are doing shifts in Tesco to make ends meet. 

It's a racket. If you support the Conservative Party in 2022 you're either a multi millionaire sociopath, or a fucking imbecile. 

• Upvote 5

This long thread comes from @Captain Turdseye’s constituency (Hancock local MP) detailing how a grassroots organisation that was crying out for proper support when COVID hit to get rejigged laptops out to kids was overlooked and essentially ignored because no Tory MP could make a few quid on the side. 

It’s a bit long to post every tweet.

Looks like some of their 2019 intake are jumping ship, too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

This long thread comes from @Captain Turdseye’s constituency (Hancock local MP) detailing how a grassroots organisation that was crying out for proper support when COVID hit to get rejigged laptops out to kids was overlooked and essentially ignored because no Tory MP could make a few quid on the side. 

It’s a bit long to post every tweet.

Looks like some of their 2019 intake are jumping ship, too. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 25/11/2022 at 20:09, redinblack said:

From my experience most will simply vote tory no matter what. They could be sitting in a crater eating their kids to stay alive, and they would still be grumbling about corbyn. 

There are probally a million reasons for this but no one will ever convince me that the media still don't play a huge part.

Labour obviously have their same core support but I'm guessing are much less in numbers and arguably more fickle ,if the last election is anything to go by.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

From my experience most will simply vote tory no matter what. They could be sitting in a crater eating their kids to stay alive, and they would still be grumbling about corbyn. 

There are probally a million reasons for this but no one will ever convince me that the media still don't play a huge part.

Labour obviously have their same core support but I'm guessing are much less in numbers and arguably more fickle ,if the last election is anything to go by.

The tories pulled of the greatest con trick in political history in last election by campaigning the last election as another Brexit vote.

So the people who voted leave like the beauts in the article i posted about Boston, Lincs above (here it is again)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/28/in-boston-britains-most-pro-brexit-town-voters-are-fed-up.html  .....felt honour bound to vote for the Tory vermin despite knowing that they would continue to be neglected for funding to improve their public services and infrastructure and despite living in a town that has high unemployment, a really high proportion of the jobs that people actually do have being shit and low paid and shit lives.....

All of course down to the government that had been in power for a decade - but that government had convinced them it wasn't their fault and that brexit would solve all their problems, their disillusionment, their shit prospects etc etc and was all down to the foreigners taking their jobs and their doctor appointments, their housing, overburdening their NHS etc - so like turkeys heading to a ballot box to vote for xmas off they went and supported the very party who had caused their lives to be shite and who would ensure their lives stayed shite.

Genius really - would be funny if not so sad.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, an tha said:

The tories pulled of the greatest con trick in political history in last election by campaigning the last election as another Brexit vote.

So the people who voted leave like the beauts in the article i posted about Boston, Lincs above (here it is again)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/28/in-boston-britains-most-pro-brexit-town-voters-are-fed-up.html  .....felt honour bound to vote for the Tory vermin despite knowing that they would continue to be neglected for funding to improve their public services and infrastructure and despite living in a town that has high unemployment, a really high proportion of the jobs that people actually do have being shit and low paid and shit lives.....

All of course down to the government that had been in power for a decade - but that government had convinced them it wasn't their fault and that brexit would solve all their problems, their disillusionment, their shit prospects etc etc and was all down to the foreigners taking their jobs and their doctor appointments, their housing, overburdening their NHS etc - so like turkeys heading to a ballot box to vote for xmas off they went and supported the very party who had caused their lives to be shite and who would ensure their lives stayed shite.

Genius really - would be funny if not so sad.

Yep

Brexit couldn't have worked out better if they had planned it

Nye Bevan;

How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political power to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics in the twentieth century.”

Also by Bevan;

Lying is a necessary part of a Tory’s political equipment.

Seems it's always been the case the cunts lie and unfortunately people fall for the lie.

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

On a slightly different note which arseholes are voting for the turd Hancock to stay in the fucking jungle , the cunt is down to the final 3 

The twat will probably see this as justification to launch a run at the leadership when the Tories have their tri-monthly leadership battle.

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

On a slightly different note which arseholes are voting for the turd Hancock to stay in the fucking jungle , the cunt is down to the final 3 

I dunno, maybe Hancock is using taxpayers money to fund his office staff to run a social media campaign for him rather than do their actual jobs. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/27/matt-hancock-im-a-celebrity-tiktok-votes-jungle