You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Explain where I have lied? Go back and point where I have lied. I will wait. 

What is austerity? It's a campaign of budget cutting that Britain's Conservative-led government began in 2010 in the aftermath of the global financial panic of 2008, the most crippling economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Absolutely no winners in that. Not Johnson. Not Corbyn. And definitely not ITV. The format, chairmanship and everything about it was utter bubbles. 

I think the only slight positive for anyone not in favour of having plutocratic, sociopathic compulsive liars in charge of the country is that the audience did seem to get slightly sick of Boris turning everything back to Brexit.

Come on @Strontium Dog™ if you think me saying "It wasn't" was a lie. Ok fine yeah measures were introduced in 2008 through no fault of Labour. The leader of the lib-dems whilst in a coalition with the Tory government voted for austerity in 2010. Lets focus on that and don't try and deflect stuff you fucking hideous abhorrent lying tory cunt. 

• Downvote 1

Also, Corbyn should've hammered home a few things. Islamophobia and the Russia report and a Tory candidate standing down today due to antisemitic comments were missed opportunities. 

It was a woeful debate though. Just imagine if Swinson hit her way and she was on it, with her tantrum style of debate. If that was the case, I'm not sure I'd have lasted the full 50 minutes. 

Had to laugh at Dom Joly, he was having none of it :

Haven't seen any of it yet, watching some of the US impeachment hearing earlier put me off any more politics for several hours. Watched videos of synth demo's on youtube instead, will probably look at clips of what happened in this on twitter later for something to do.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Labour need a leader that is willing to throw haymakers and sly digs.

This. 

Corbyn is a good guy, wants the right things, but he doesn't play the game. 

He should have been all over him with that question about truth and integrity, should have just listed off a bunch of Boris' lies since he's been a public servant. 

19 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's like watching fight when a referee is doing fuck all about a boxer throwing extra punches after the bell.

Shut him the fuck down.

I thought it worked for Corbyn in the end because all he did was bring it back to the same point about brexit and was getting jeered at the end. Although I don't understand why Corbyn hasn't got a better answer to the "what will you support" question

7 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

The audience grumbling when Corbyn mentioned poor people was beyond depressing.

Sums up the cunts of this country. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Come on @Strontium Dog™ if you think me saying "It wasn't" was a lie. Ok fine yeah measures were introduced in 2008 through no fault of Labour. The leader of the lib-dems whilst in a coalition with the Tory government voted for austerity in 2010. Lets focus on that and don't try and deflect stuff you fucking hideous abhorrent lying tory cunt. 

I haven't told a single lie, and I've had about 10 negs and a ton of abuse for telling the truth - that austerity began in 2008, not 2010.

Still, it's good that when Labour introduce austerity measures it's "no fault" of theirs, but when other parties do it, it's this dreadful awful thing. That's really fair.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I haven't told a single lie, and I've had about 10 negs for telling the truth - that austerity began in 2008, not 2010.

Still, it's good that when Labour introduce austerity measures it's "no fault" of theirs, but when other parties do it, it's this dreadful awful thing. That's really fair.

THATS A FUCKING LIE RIGHT THERE YOU STEAMER! 

7 minutes ago, Aventus said:

This. 

Corbyn is a good guy, wants the right things, but he doesn't play the game. 

He should have been all over him with that question about truth and integrity, should have just listed off a bunch of Boris' lies since he's been a public servant. 

The when they go low, we go high, is a great phrase but doesn't work in current politics.

He could have got around it by answering the question about integrity and lying by pointing out some lying and lack of integrity.

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The when they go low, we go high, is a great phrase but doesn't work in current politics.

He could have got around it by answering the question about integrity and lying by pointing out some lying and lack of integrity.

I agree. I’ve always maintained that Corbyn is too decent a man to succeed in UK politics.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Great when they all just laughed about Boris's lies, too.

I know. The 4 day week thing you could hear one particular fella laughing like Brian Blessed. I bet that cunt runs a firm with staff on 5 12 hour days at a low wage.