You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, suzy said:

I see Kane will not be punished for the ‘headbutt’ the other night - quelle surprise!

Couldn't be - it was seen by ref at time, ref has stated that - so only punishment could have been from ref at time, who chose not to.

No retrospective action could be taken.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Couldn't be - it was seen by ref at time, ref has stated that - so only punishment could have been from ref at time, who chose not to.

No retrospective action could be taken.

I know but it's a stupid rule!

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Is what it is though....i don't understand why these things become a story when rule is rule.

Anyway let him play - they've been shite since he came back.

Haha, that's true!

15 minutes ago, an tha said:

Clever this by city....feeds the 'pressure' narrative nicely and of course it 'must be true' if one of our former players is saying it....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-says-under-more-15904680

Clever is not the first word that springs to mind when you think of Sterling 

Its probably true anyway. There was an air of desperation the last time we were going for the title . No way that didn’t filter down to the players . City don’t have that monkey on theirs backs 

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

Clever is not the first word that springs to mind when you think of Sterling 

Its probably true anyway. There was an air of desperation the last time we were going for the title . No way that didn’t filter down to the players . City don’t have that monkey on theirs backs 

I agree and of course only way to get it off our backs is to finally get over the line.

I honestly believe if we do it this year that we will likely win another couple in next 5 years.

But if we don't do it this year I fear we may be waiting still in 5.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

I agree and of course only way to get it off our backs is to finally get over the line.

I honestly believe if we do it this year that we will likely win another couple in next 5 years.

But if we don't do it this year I fear we may be waiting still in 5.

I don’t agree. Klopp said the other day that this current crew wasn’t involved with the last near miss. They are affected by it at all. He asked why people feel this is our last chance as this is the  start of things, not the end. He’s bang on. We will be challenging just as strong next season. Onwards and upwards 

1 hour ago, corro said:

I don’t agree. Klopp said the other day that this current crew wasn’t involved with the last near miss. They are affected by it at all. He asked why people feel this is our last chance as this is the  start of things, not the end. He’s bang on. We will be challenging just as strong next season. Onwards and upwards 

I hope you are right.

1 hour ago, corro said:

Of course Klopp has a valid point in that only Mignolet, Henderson and Sturridge remain from the squad that went close in 2013/14. All 3 were automatic first choices back then, and none of them are automatic picks now (Henderson still gets more game time than the other 2 though). Most of the current squad only has that close-but-not-quite memory when it comes to falling at the final hurdle in the 3 cup finals we have reached under Klopp.

2 hours ago, corro said:

I hope the fanbase as a whole can keep the same mindset of "this is only the beginning" because it won't be long before the media start peddling imaginary stories of impatience at Klopp for not winning any trophies yet.

32 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I hope the fanbase as a whole can keep the same mindset of "this is only the beginning" because it won't be long before the media start peddling imaginary stories of impatience at Klopp for not winning any trophies yet.

Ah so this means you've accepted that we've fucked it up, welcome to the dark side brother!

21 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ah so this means you've accepted that we've fucked it up, welcome to the dark side brother!

Not at all, I still fully believe that this is our year. 

But its extremely tight at the top, and it could still go either way.