You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

While it pleases me that Chelsea look like impoding (again), it would have been better if City weren't the beneficiaries of such folly. Sarri was basically already a lame duck with most of his squad but you can bet that Kepa's teammates weren't too impressed with him either. He hardly covered himself in glory in the shootout.

I remember Van Gaal subbing on Krul for Cillessen at the 2014 World Cup as the game headed towards penalties. It worked for him then, because Cillessen's Pickford arms meant he had a shit record in shoot-outs. I remember O'Neill doing the same at Leicester in a Championship Play Off final, bringing on lanky Aussie keeper Zeljko Kalac in the final minutes of extra time, preparing for a shoot-out against Palace. Steve Claridge only went and scuppered that by scoring a winner in the last minute for Leicester anyway, so they didn't need penalties! Kalac went on to play as backup to Dida at Milan a decade later, and was in their squad for the 2007 CL final against us!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

While it pleases me that Chelsea look like impoding (again), it would have been better if City weren't the beneficiaries of such folly. Sarri was basically already a lame duck with most of his squad but you can bet that Kepa's teammates weren't too impressed with him either. He hardly covered himself in glory in the shootout.

I remember Van Gaal subbing on Krul for Cillessen at the 2014 World Cup as the game headed towards penalties. It worked for him then, because Cillessen's Pickford arms meant he had a shit record in shoot-outs. I remember O'Neill doing the same at Leicester in a Championship Play Off final, bringing on lanky Aussie keeper Zeljko Kalac in the final minutes of extra time, preparing for a shoot-out against Palace. Steve Claridge only went and scuppered that by scoring a winner in the last minute for Leicester anyway, so they didn't need penalties! Kalac went on to play as backup to Dida at Milan a decade later, and was in their squad for the 2007 CL final against us!

It genuinely only looked like Higuain was pissed off. The rest weren't arsed. Even Azpilicueta the captain (who I think is fucking boss and has been since they signed him) didn't seem bothered. Sarri has lost that team. Even in the studio John Terry said "If I was in that dressing room I'd be looking at the manager to sort it" instead of "If I was in the dressing room I'd be beating the shit out of the keeper". As has been said, these players cost far more than the manager and they act like it and all. Footballs fucked.

I hope we win the league this year so I can fuck it off for good. I prefer the Snooker anyway. I'll be the cunt sat next to 'yer man in the Coventry shirt' at the crucible with the pink flair. 

Flair that is not flairs. I'm not Mook. 

The former City slaphead knows most of the penalty habits of their players. I am not saying Kepa doesnt, but thats not the point. You simply cannot undermine the manager like that. Klopp would have dragged him off the pitch. What a shithouse club from top to bottom and its about time they started getting a bit of payback.