You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I agree and of course only way to get it off our backs is to finally get over the line.

I honestly believe if we do it this year that we will likely win another couple in next 5 years.

But if we don't do it this year I fear we may be waiting still in 5.

Frankly I still don't believe we will get over the line this time. Massive losing at City which imo caused us to drop points against Leicester and WH. Still we're in with a shout.

Not looking any further forward than Sunday atm. 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Massive losing at City which imo caused us to drop points against Leicester and WH. Still we're in with a shout.

That a very Everton way of looking at things. "We're shit because we lost in the derby. Players just didn't mentally recover from a game that was 3 months ago. We'd be in the title race had we got a deserved result vs. the RS."

56 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Frankly I still don't believe we will get over the line this time. Massive losing at City which imo caused us to drop points against Leicester and WH. Still we're in with a shout.

Loads of footie left yet, even after Sunday’s game. Wednesday was a big step up after a couple of scrappy games. I think we will kick on and win the fucking thing at last. 

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

You are Rhet Butler and I claim my fiver

Funny, Klopp said at his last press conference that tomorrow was another day. All these Gone With the Wind references do not bode well for the title race.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

That a very Everton way of looking at things. "We're shit because we lost in the derby. Players just didn't mentally recover from a game that was 3 months ago. We'd be in the title race had we got a deserved result vs. the RS."

Disagree. Bloos in our position would be celebrating finishing above Liverpool and not give a fuck about City, 

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

Funny, Klopp said at his last press conference that tomorrow was another day. All these Gone With the Wind references do not bode well for the title race.

You reckon we're going to missy out again? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Cool finish from Ramsey.

We want Arsenal to win here, right?

On balance yes, we want the four teams below us to be scrapping for CL places. It makes it more difficult for us and City as we've both got two of the top six left I think? We'd be better off with the mancs and Spurs having to get something out of their games with City.

Just now, dandyman said:

Also puts the pressure on spurs in the race for top 4 when they play city

In some ways I'd prefer them to be thinking they're chasing city down, rather than fighting for a top 4. As city won't win today.

*blame me reading the positive thread for that last bit*

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

In some ways I'd prefer them to be thinking they're chasing city down, rather than fighting for a top 4. As city won't win today.

*blame me reading the positive thread for that last bit*

That would be true if Spurs were actually in the title race and they're not so we need them to be fighting to stay in the top 4. The worst case for us would be Spurs being comfortable in 3rd.

1 minute ago, clangers said:

That would be true if Spurs were actually in the title race and they're not so we need them to be fighting to stay in the top 4. The worst case for us would be Spurs being comfortable in 3rd.

Why wouldn't they want to finish second, its something to fight for.