You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

I like him but he is another player you can't fully rely on because of injuries and inconsistency, Klopp rarely seems to trust him. I think his contract is up as well next season and the owners are desperate for him to be off the wage bill.

Had some good flashes of brilliance with the goals against the Mancs, the breakaway goal against Burnley, crossing for Wijnaldum against Barca, the assist for Jota Vs Sheffield United and a couple of other goals. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I like him but he is another player you can't fully rely on because of injuries and inconsistency, Klopp rarely seems to trust him. I think his contract is up as well next season and the owners are desperate for him to be off the wage bill.

Had some good flashes of brilliance with the goals against the Mancs, the breakaway goal against Burnley, crossing for Wijnaldum against Barca, the assist for Jota Vs Sheffield United and a couple of other goals. 

We have the option to extend it by a year without his consent.

This is more about making space in the squad for someone better.

And it better be someone better.

• Upvote 1

Talented player who’s not been fit nearly enough and even when he is either isn’t fully trusted by the manager or doesn’t quite fit the team shape/tactics he’s after.

Hard to see what there is to lament in selling someone who’ll always be a bit-part player here. Had a few really nice moments for us, good luck to him. Hope to fuck this is the cue for bringing in a new attacking player and leaving Origi in a rolled-up carpet somewhere.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Adrian is probably on about 7 grand a week and Shaqiri was on 85 grand a week. 

You've seen our wage bill right? Only way we get that high is by paying bums like Adrian a lot more than 7k a week. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You've seen our wage bill right? Only way we get that high is by paying bums like Adrian a lot more than 7k a week. 

If you were placed in sole charge of the financial side of the club, do you think there’s any season in the last decade we would have failed to win every piece of silverware available? Don’t be modest.

10 hours ago, johnsusername said:

If we're binning off Shaq because she's unreliable, why did we give Adrian a new contract?

Is there not room in this big ol' world for two squad jesters?! 

They've chopped his dick off lad

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Wait, what, you said our wage bill cant possibly be THAT high yet now you're pointing out our 2nd \ 3rd choice keeper who hardly plays is on just shy of 60 grand a week!? Fuck me, who'd have thought?

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Wait, what, you said our wage bill cant possibly be THAT high yet now you're pointing out our 2nd \ 3rd choice keeper who hardly plays is on just shy of 60 grand a week!? Fuck me, who'd have thought?

Not you again dumbass. No one has questioned the first team wage bill. 

Giving Adrian 60k a week is ludicrous though when they won't extend Gini and stalling on Henderson

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Not you again dumbass. No one has questioned the first team wage bill. 

Giving Adrian 60k a week is ludicrous though when they won't extend Gini and stalling on Henderson

There you go again, resorting to your childish insults when you're called out over your hypocrisy. Giving Adrian 60k might be ludicrous. That was not the point I highlighted.

I pointed out you repeatedly saying our wage bill cannot be £320m in the last accounts yet you publish a report our 2nd \ 3rd choice keeper, who hardly pays, is on just shy of 60k or, over £3m a year.