You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22nd Jan PL, The Swans better Duck, the Liver Birds are in town. Swansea v Liverpool

Guest Pistonbroke

You need to revisit your logic.

Who bought, picked and continues to place faith in these players? Who keeps coming out and telling how much of a great set of lads they all are?

And who kicks the ball around on the pitch? Klopp? And I don't think he praises his players excessively nor unduly. Maybe it's something you like to imagine. For this, tonight, the cunts in the red shirts were to blame. No point in arguing otherwise.

75m would have bought van dijk in the summer.  He was bought with the Coutinho money.  

This nonsense about Klopp waiting for the perfect player has to stop, it's just that nonsense.  When the money's there, he spends it.

I honestly worry for some people's sanity. We have just seen with Coutinho that this magic right man, right time thing is nonsense. If you throw enough money at who you want, you will get them. We have 140m in our pocket (we don't, it's gone on Virgil a d Keita), its the only thing that gets top players. There are no excuses.

75m would have bought van dijk in the summer. He was bought with the Coutinho money.

This nonsense about Klopp waiting for the perfect player has to stop, it's just that nonsense. When the money's there, he spends it.

Unfortunately because it's happened now with one player, VVD, it's become the mantra. Klopp will wait for a player he's worked hard to convince most managers would, as in the case of VVD and soon to be Keita, but he's shown on more than one occasion he's also prepared to move on from his first choice.

21 shots on

4 on target! And all 4 were tame

We never got going. They funnelled up down the flanks brilliantly to Gomez and Robertson and then back inside to a packed middle. We can never play against that and with 3 box to box midfielders, with very little guile, we were going fucking nowhere fast. However, if salah keeps his shot down and mane doesn't slip, it's different game. They got the lucky break of the ball and we didn't. Small margins but a lot of games are decided on those. It'll be interesting to see our reaction given we're playing 2 more teams next who will sit deep and frustrate. All in all a fucking Wank weekend.

Swansea will get a lot of credit but if you put any kind of intensity in this kind of game, you break their spirit. Complacency and zero quality. Wijnaldum is an embarrassment in these types of games.  

You didn't need to extend that sentence further. He's been a fucking embarrassment the majority of his time here. A couple of nice performances when everybody around him plays well doesn't impress me none.

So who is to blame for that shambles then?

The players on the pitch funny enough. Sometimes, some games it just doesn't click. Thats football.

Klopp doesn't pick a side to go out and lose does he!

Unfortunately all teams throw in a bad performance every now and again. Or some more than others. We are not in the latter.

• Upvote 1

We’re all off to bed. You’ve got the rest of the day to mull over that pile of crap. LlpVq.gif

Sorry.

I know - got the whole evening and I’m fuming.

We all feared a result like this, but I was hoping this sort of thing was behind us and we could be more professional. We can’t always wipe the floor with teams but I thought we were developing the ability to dig deep and get a result no matter what.

Now it’s important we bounce back from this and go on another good run.

• Upvote 1

Swansea will get a lot of credit but if you put any kind of intensity in this kind of game, you break their spirit. Complacency and zero quality. Wijnaldum is an embarrassment in these types of games.

Amazing lack of effort, we were second to everything.. To go from City to this is quite an accomplishment,

Players still looked shattered after the city game and the amount of wasteful balls was shocking.

You fucking what? That was over a week ago!

We have these shit games against the division's dregs every single year. The goal conceded (from Swansea's first effort on target I think) was so typicalof the sort of goal we concede every year. Last season we conceded from a corner we failed to clear at Hull, and I think they scored that just before half time too. Tonight, Van Dijk got no purchase on his clearance (if anything, he got right OVER the ball and could only nod it down), then that Rob Beckett-lookalike cunt Mawson got to the second ball after a typical scramble to tuck it into the corner.

We had a lot of the ball but Swansea were keeping everybody back and making it difficult to play through them. We still had chances (Salah blasted a great chance over the bar, Mane stretched to reach a Salah cross after an incisive break and just couldn't connect properly, ans Van Dijk header one just wide from a corner). I don't know much about the second half bar the last 5 minutes or so because Virgin Media chose that moment to 'improve services' for their TV and broadband, but it seems we huffed and puffed but couldn't blow their house down.

I saw Van Dijk fire a long-ranger well over the bar, and Salah fire high and wide from the right, and then Firmino was unlucky to hit the post in the very last seconds. Lallana couldn't react in time to tuck in the rebound.

Last year, we beat Man City 1-0 at Anfield, only to lay an egg two days later when drawing 2-2 at rock-bottom Sunderland. Not long afterwards, we lost 2-0 at rock-bottom Hull. In the title-challenge season, we started with three straight 1-0 wins with goals from Sturridge, then had the international break, returning to action with a laboured 2-2 draw at Swansea. I think we failed to win our next two games before getting back on track with a winning streak.

We've got bottom-dwelling West Brom in the cup next. We know how they're going to approach it (we saw it a month or so ago). The question is, can we bounce back from this setback? Last season, a home defeat in January to Swansea was the start of three straight defeats at home where we looked abject. We'll find out in the current squad has the mental fortitude to recover.