You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Few Thoughts from the Match: Liverpool 1 Burnley 1

tlw content

I never said anyone is berating the players for the full 90 minutes. Surely no fan in his right mind would do that. I said some fans berate the players DURING the 90 minutes. If my grasp of the English language is not bad this could mean berating players at any time during the 90 minutes ... even once.

• Upvote 1

I never said anyone is berating the players for the full 90 minutes. Surely no fan in his right mind would do that. I said some fans berate the players DURING the 90 minutes. If my grasp of the English language is not bad this could mean berating players at any time during the 90 minutes ... even once.

Mis-read, apologies.

No one likes moaners, but what does the flat atmosphere have to do with the basic lack of defensive competence?

Ben from Surrey having a whinge doesn't make Lovren dive around like a performing seal or the whole backline to crack under simple high balls.

Klopp needs to devote his energy to these issues rather than embarking on a one man crusade to reverse engineer the gentrification of football fan culture that has taken place over the last two decades.

• Upvote 3

Klopp's emotional outbursts are usually aimed at referees, opposition bench, fans ... anyone but the players. I've never seen him telling a player he was shit across the touchline during a game.

Perhaps he ought to, like. Those cunts are earning huge sums of money, and, by all accounts, some of them are making the same mistakes over and over again.

Klopp's emotional outbursts are usually aimed at referees, opposition bench, fans ... anyone but the players. I've never seen him telling a player he was shit across the touchline during a game.

He absolutely hammered Trent twice yesterday after terribly overhit crosses. Still, that's one less time than he kicked off at the Main Stand.

Berating the players during the 90 minutes is counterproductive. It doesn't improve things. It doesn't change the situation. Creating a positive atmosphere is the only thing that can help during the 90 minutes.

The players weren't getting berated at all, it was no worse than what you usually get in these frustrating games, there was nothing out of the ordinary at all.

I'll address it in more detail in the match report, but I sit in the Main Stand not too far from Klopp and this is what happened:

After ignoring Robertson for the entire 1st half, Coutinho passed to him early in the 2nd and there were some ironic cheers. A minute later he did it again and there were louder ironic cheers, as people who hadn't joined in the first one realised what had happened. Klopp went mad at the fans behind him.

Then, Klavan looked at a wide open Coutinho in space but instead went to play the ball back to Matip. The crowd shouted at him and Klavan quickly then played it to Coutinho. Klopp went even more mad.

Finally, they were messing around with it at the back and people started getting tetchy and shouting for them to get rid of it before they got caught out. At this point he went full on batshit mental and was screaming abuse at the Main Stand, his face all contorted and arms waving all over the place.

I doubt any of this was picked up by TV cameras, so unless you were sat in the Main Stand watching it you wouldn't know the extent of just how animated and angry he was.

I was also at the match. And the support was shit and they started panicking unnecessarily when it was being passed around.

That was the fans getting jumpy not thr players.

It was no worse than usual, perhaps because the players passed it around at the back a lot less than they normally do. 

The support may have been shit, but for me it was no different to any other similar type of game we've seen over the last decade.

It is what it is, and it's been like that for years.

From my perspective it has been a lot more negative. Klopp was having a go at the fans as well in his first season (remember tapping his watch?), we lapped it up then - i've seen nothing different just that fans seem to think complaining is more important than getting behind the team.

We are making an issue out of nothing because we are pissed off.

Well in the KD Upper, I didnt hear much noise from the crowd getting on the players backs. Yes, there were individual mutterings and late on in the game when mignolet and the defence wanted to take yet another short goal kick with burnley pushed up on them. Everyone gave it 'kick it fucking long and stop pissing about' because everyone could see if we took a short kick, the player getting the ball was going to be immediately in trouble.

Not sitting in the Main stand near the dugout I dont know if klopp was regularly berating the crowd but if some gobshite was irritating him, so what if he told them to shut the fuck up or get behind the team instead?

From my perspective it has been a lot more negative. Klopp was having a go at the fans as well in his first season (remember tapping his watch?), we lapped it up then - i've seen nothing different just that fans seem to think complaining is more important than getting behind the team.

We are making an issue out of nothing because we are pissed off.

He has had a go at the fans on loads of occasions, sometimes mildly chastising, other times just looking a bit exasperated. Never like yesterday though. He was out of control and screaming.

Well in the KD Upper, I didnt hear much noise from the crowd getting on the players backs. Yes, there were individual mutterings and late on in the game when mignolet and the defence wanted to take yet another short goal kick with burnley pushed up on them. Everyone gave it 'kick it fucking long and stop pissing about' because everyone could see if we took a short kick, the player getting the ball was going to be immediately in trouble.

Not sitting in the Main stand near the dugout I dont know if klopp was regularly berating the crowd but if some gobshite was irritating him, so what if he told them to shut the fuck up or get behind the team instead?

It wasn't 'some gobshite irritating him' it was directed at the Main Stand in general, as it happened on three occasions and he wasn't always in the same spot when he did it.