You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Kidding? That's got serious undertones, nah it was just a thought I had last night while listening to it, I suppose there is plenty of lyrics from yesteryear that wouldn't go down well today with some loons, though i agree with Mungo Jerry's, Have a drink have a drive go out and see what you can find, is wrong more unfortunate rather. 

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I've got no idea what you're talking about now, what's grim and obvious?

The Mail, especially columnists like Littlejohn, are well known for coming up with some hypothetical situation and frothing away about what 'woke lefties' would do. Which is pretty much what you've done there. No one's bothered about lyrics like that- they're not bigoted or phobic in any way.

Ok I see your point. What Newspaper isn't full of shit for the most part though.

I got grief on Twitter once because someone posted a Guardian story about some middle aged virgin type who'd given up on relationships or something because of whatever, and I commented something like 'he should just find himself a nice girl'. 

OMF GOD a 'grown man' talking about finding a GIRL!! 

Clicked on her profile and she described herself as a 'non binary mom'.

If I ever see her in the street I'm going to pull tongues at her and keep doing it until she has a nervous breakdown. 

7 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Contender for Most Normal Thread? Gotta be up there.

I fucking agree.  You’ve got people saying ‘follow the science’ on other pages and TWAW on this one. Religious cult.  Blokes saying rapists deserve to go in women’s prisons as it hurts their feelings.  

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

M only refers to karyotype. The point made in the article is that is a facet of biological sex, not the whole story. Also, the articles does not "other" anybody - nobody is attributed with negative characteristics; rather, it seems to me that the author is simply asking that we treat everyone with kindness and respect.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've said that because it's true.

That's got nothing to do with that dangerous heap of "blurred lines" bullshit that person is spouting.

No it isn’t.  Not in any shape, way or form. A civilised society should absolutely be willing to extend a legal fiction so as to accommodate people with a need to be treated as the opposite sex. But they don’t become a sex based on a desire.  

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Only a frothing loon would believe that. 

It’s the entire fucking point!  

Do you think a rape victim should be able to insist on a female doctor?

Do you think that female kids should be forced to use changing rooms with adult men? 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s the entire fucking point!  

Do you think a rape victim should be able to insist on a female doctor?

Do you think that female kids should be forced to use changing rooms with adult men? 

I think any woman should be able to insist on being examined by a woman.  I don't think she should insist on the doctor doing the examination naked.

I think changing rooms should have cubicles.

• Upvote 1

People like that clown are the ones ruining the debate for the genuine ones, a cursory Google search and some of the mad garb he wears shows what he's all about, basically he can't get a job so he's gone full gift.

If you wanted to be a woman all your life you'd presumably take measures to look like one, you wouldn't turn up in a dress and high heels with a twirly moustache and sideburns, unless you were a tit.

I really am sick of this shit now. My grandad has been dead since 97, I miss him dearly, but more and more I'm seeing and hearing stuff that makes me glad he's not around to see it. Black is white, up is down, and if you don't toe the line you're fucked. 1984 with a twitter account and no job.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think any woman should be able to insist on being examined by a woman.  I don't think she should insist on the doctor doing the examination naked.

I think changing rooms should have cubicles.

This is where you lose people. Contortions. 
You believe a woman can have a penis. That’s blatantly fucking mental and does you no favours.  Where does the sympathy lie in the rape situation? The woman who’s been raped or the man who’s asking us to pretend he’s a woman?

The only answer you can give to this question is ‘yes’

Are you ok with a bearded, transwoman, examining a rape victim who insists on a female doctor? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

And this is where sensible people walk away from you.

No they fucking don’t!! You are a fucking clever bloke and despite being on the opposite end of most arguments I can see your point of view and logic. But this is mental. 

Im 100% for accommodating the fiction, but it’s a fiction. 

Men and women should receive blood donations from the same sex, it’s dangerous to mix them. Would you stop doing this?