You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

No aware of his agent was asking Liverpool to buy the player or even sounding the club out. Liverpools interest was down to the analytics crew badgering Klopp I thought.

Salah said he wanted to go,next thing you know the agent was in London:

The Roma ace has reportedly asked to leave his club after setting his heart on a move to Liverpool.

And representative Ramy Abbas has made it clear he is in London.

He's taken to social media to reveal he's been visiting the capital in the last 24 hours.

Even we won't sell a top player after only one season. I'm not sure which of our best players we will sell this summer so we have funds but I dont think it will be salah.

Lovren, Mignolet, a few fringe players, the leftovers from Coutinho's sale and a reduced wage bill should just about cover a new GK and better cover up front.

I don't think we'll sell a big player until January or summer 2019, unless we manage to win the league or CL before then we may hang on to them.

So apparently Kroos wants Klopp at Madrid not to leave and come to us..........

KROOS CONTROL

Congratulations to the Daily Express, who were the first English outlet to jump on Don Balon’s recent claims regarding Toni Kroos and Jurgen Klopp. ‘Liverpool transfer alert: Real Madrid star Toni Kroos wants to work with Jurgen Klopp,’ reads the Express headline.

Further in the story, they report that Kroos ‘is keen to jump ship and work with his fellow countryman’ Klopp at Liverpool. That is the claim attributed to Don Balon, but they add later on in the story that ‘according reports in Spain, the Germany international has been earmarked as a potential candidate to sell.’

So to Don Balon, who confirm that the future of Kroos ‘is not as determined’ as you might think. The German ‘has offers to leave’, and ‘will not hesitate’ to accept them if there are no changes at the Bernabeu.

Which is where Klopp comes in, but seemingly not as the Express claim. Don Balon confirm that Kroos ‘wants to work with’ Klopp, but the insinuation is more that he wants Real to appoint Klopp, as opposed to Kroos joining Liverpool. Those cheeky Express b*stards.

For what it’s worth, Don Balon say Kroos is pretty smitten with his compatriot. He has shown ‘that he is a football improver,’ and Kroos indeed ‘believes that he can still improve with Klopp as coach’. Just at Real.

Although it's clearly total bullshit, Kroos and Keita in our midfield along with a proper keeper puts us near City's level and as one of the best in Europe.

He's exactly the type of player we need.

He'd be an excellent alternative to Goretzka. Fucking hell, I'm going to be so disappointed. Well, not really as I know it isn't going to happen. Would have been excellent.

Was going to pour cold water on the Kroos story until I saw that the source was Don Balon. He’s a good lad and usually calls things right. Will try and get more details from him.

Can I just ask if we actively working behind the scenes or are we in idle?

Klopp said we will only sign someone if he jumps out at him.

Grujic playing DM for Cardiff! Wonder how much influence we had in that decision? Played well apparently.

I watched it Jockey rather than the Man City game. He didn’t play well at all. In the first half I don’t think he had more than a handful of successful passes. He gave it away more than he kept it. There was also his comical yellow card 7 minutes in. Obviously he’s going to be a bit rusty so will be interesting to see how he progresses but he looked poor for a first game.

It's going to be a very short transfer window with the world club and early closure.

That will 100 percebt used as the excuse for why we fail to spend what we earn.

The same imbeciles will buy it and the same negative cunts will moan about it. On and on we go round in circles with no chance of any sustained success.

Inter Milan are confident a deal will be completed for Daniel Sturridge with personal terms agreed. #LFC

Daniel Sturridge is close to a move to Inter Milan until the end of the season. However, Roma could join the race, if Edin Dzeko leaves the club this month. [Calcio Mercato] Via: @LivEchoLFC

Writing for the Mailonline, Simon Jones and Sam Mcevoy, claim Arsenal are also still in the hunt for Lemar. With this, the Frenchman is also thought to be keen on a move to England rather than Spain.

Haha, is Don Bollocks running some kind of social experiment? That's Rodriguez, Bale, Asensio and Kroos linked to us in the last four days. Guessing it will be Kovacic and Ceballos in the next couple of days.

Can't help but think Madrid are asking them to throw names out there in the hope one of the journo's who only write for us and will only link the player if we say so, bites and says we're interested. They're looking to add their shite to a deal for salah. Where's Antonio nunez when you need him?

I watched it Jockey rather than the Man City game. He didn’t play well at all. In the first half I don’t think he had more than a handful of successful passes. He gave it away more than he kept it. There was also his comical yellow card 7 minutes in. Obviously he’s going to be a bit rusty so will be interesting to see how he progresses but he looked poor for a first game.

Ah right, cheers! I was only going on the Echo report! Never saw any of it - although him playing there is intriguing as I think that is his best chance of playing for us!